Randy Gregory has 1 sack and 21 tackles in 17 career games

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yeah it's the reason I kept asking why everyone was acting like he was this proven great pass rusher we were getting back this year. He's done next to nothing in the NFL so far.
Based off of ability and the eye test this kid is a good pass rusher someone’s subjective opinion of him does not change that. This team has been in a position where we have 0 pass rushers I’m good with keeping randy around David Irving in the other hand :thumbdown:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based off of ability and the eye test this kid is a good pass rusher someone’s subjective opinion of him does not change that. This team has been in a position where we have 0 pass rushers I’m good with keeping randy around David Irving in the other hand :thumbdown:

Wait. I have a "subjective opinion" pointing out his lack of NFL production but you don't with your opinion of his ability and the "eye test"?

Yeah, no. He's been an invisible pro. You can barely tell when he's suspended and when he's not.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
One of the dumbest rules in the NFL also is how players are not allowed to train with the team during a suspension.
Hope I am right - Suspension means no pay, no pay means no training or learning , so not to be with the team, otherwise suspension will become cushy paid vacation.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
DE transition to NFL is not easy. but there is a HUGE difference between the path for Gregory vs. Lawrence...Lawrence was on the team. practicing. getting game time experience...Gregory has been away from football for 2.5 years. during which he had no football practices and formal training. what ever potential he had is lost.
My question to you is....how do you know it's lost?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My question to you is....how do you know it's lost?
. 2.5 years of football missed.1 sack in 17 games .bottom of the depth chart.... being realistic..... but people hold on to slimmest of margins of hope, wishing a player to become a force, when reality tells us other wise.
I don't have high hopes. at this point, he is a JAG

Dorsett33

Reaction score
. 2.5 years of football missed.1 sack in 17 games .bottom of the depth chart.... being realistic..... but people hold on to slimmest of margins of hope, wishing a player to become a force, when reality tells us other wise.
I don't have high hopes. at this point, he is a JAG
I guess we're all entitled to an opinion. Cause really...that's all we all have. There's no way to tell how he'll be next week, later this year, or in his future.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I guess we're all entitled to an opinion. Cause really...that's all we all have. There's no way to tell how he'll be next week, later this year, or in his future.
exactly, we have no way of telling, except for the facts that we have to draw some opinions and conclusions...one fact, 1 sack, 17 games, 2.5 years missed, last on the depth chart. its not looking good for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Watched the game last night on NFL network. He flashed early in the game and put lots of pressure on Stafford. Has not put up big stats yet but he is their second best defensive end pass rusher. By the way I thought he failed another drug test. When is he getting suspended?

fansince68

Reaction score
I agree he needs time to actually develop in live games, he will get better..David Irvings presence will start funneling more sacks toward that side with Dlaw push from one end Irving up the middle Taco and Gregory numbers will rise..i saw it last year and Irvings production increases the pressure all along the line..
So..we have a situation where one problematic defensive linemans performance dictates the output of the other problematic defensive lineman.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
exactly, we have no way of telling, except for the facts that we have to draw some opinions and conclusions...one fact, 1 sack, 17 games, 2.5 years missed, last on the depth chart. its not looking good for him.
Well, the Cowboys don't seem to think so, cause he's getting his fair of snaps. They could easily deactivate him...but they haven't except for the concussion......FACTS!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Tank had his own issues to work through and even he was showing a lot more than this this far into his career.
Tank is proving to be everything you could ever hope for in a draft pick. Essentially the anti Gregory.