Randy Gregory has 1 sack and 21 tackles in 17 career games

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I think as long as he can stay on the field he'll be fine longterm.

chagus

Reaction score
To think, we cut Charles Tapper and Kony Ealy for this guy's "potential". Yikes! :facepalm::muttley:
Yup... and they are both free agents. Ealy is done and Tapper wont stay healthy. Randy will come around or at least im REALLY hoping he will. What else can we do but hope at this point?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They don't get paid and can't play in games.

I don't think busting their butts in practice for free is a bonus for players.
yes, forgot that aspect. I responded to another poster who said, not allowing players to practice while suspended is a bad idea...

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I told people it would take a while to get in a playing form. You thought it was a joke?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He needs to be released. The reason we allowed him to stick around was due to expectations, he's not doing enough production wise to ignore this off the field issues anymore.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yup... and they are both free agents. Ealy is done and Tapper wont stay healthy. Randy will come around or at least im REALLY hoping he will. What else can we do but hope at this point?

....hope for his release because he's not showing ****.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If he doesn't pick it up, they need to take #94 away from him cause right now he isn't worthy of wearing Haley and Ware's number.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, forgot that aspect. I responded to another poster who said, not allowing players to practice while suspended is a bad idea...

My guess is that the main reason they don't allow them to practice is because they are not getting paid which would lead to complaints by players.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
no its a good rule. its a deterent for players. its always about second contract. trying to create a winning environment. play it right. stay straight. work hard. you get paid and the team benefits...if they allow them to practice while in suspension, then it removes a major deterent for players.

The deterrent is not getting paid and the possibility of losing your Job for some players. All you are doing by not letting players practice with their teams is extending the punishment since the player has to get into football shape and up to speed and may miss additional games.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would urge patience with him....if he is still available to play.

Sitting out for so long, I think it was unrealistic to have him jump in and be a ten sack guy. I would prefer bringing him along slowly and have him geared up ready to go the final 8 games. For a team lacking a lot of talent, having Gregory down the stretch could be a nice little boost. Right now, I would have him on in clear passing downs and build his stamina slowly.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Its really starting to look like Gregory will never live up to the hype. 1 sack in that many games is alarming for a player that is supposed to have elite pass rushing skills.

With that said, what do you think his ceiling is?

A good rotational player?

Solid starter?

Pro-Bowl Caliber?

I will be blunt. He is JAG.

stinkface

Reaction score
He will have potential up to the day he's out of the league. I think anyone can see there are still some maturity issues with him. Now, at some point the light will come or it won't. Right now all it does is flicker.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
here we go... member some guy named Dlaw who we used a 3rd to trade up in the 2nd round and draft him.. what was he looking like his first couple of years.. now look at him
How many players really are GREAT during their first and seconds years? Why do we have to go thru this with every player

blumayne38

Reaction score
Its really starting to look like Gregory will never live up to the hype. 1 sack in that many games is alarming for a player that is supposed to have elite pass rushing skills.

With that said, what do you think his ceiling is?

A good rotational player?

Solid starter?

Pro-Bowl Caliber?
He is a pass rusher period where this team has been b4 at that position we should know having them on the roster is a big big deal