Twitter: Randy Gregory Named Pro Bowl Alternate

817Gill

Reaction score
Quite a rise for the young man. Those wary of paying him due to his past are conveniently ignoring the rule changes that won’t suspend him any longer. Also @Bobhaze has done a good job detailing bi-polar disorder and it’s effects. I think Gregory should be a applauded more than given the side-eye some insensitive posters give him. He’s a good guy and well-spoken.

Should see a few more, probably on the offensive side. Zeke is 2nd in rush yards in the NFC, Lamb or Prescott could be selected as well.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Quite a rise for the young man. Those wary of paying him due to his past are conveniently ignoring the rule changes that won’t suspend him any longer. Also @Bobhaze has done a good job detailing bi-polar disorder and it’s effects. I think Gregory should be a applauded more than given the side-eye some insensitive posters give him. He’s a good guy and well-spoken.

Should see a few more, probably on the offensive side. Zeke is 2nd in rush yards in the NFC, Lamb or Prescott could be selected as well.

Pulling for this guy!
To get to this level of success with what he has had to overcome is impressive

AKATheRake

Reaction score
That's coming from the players which is the most important view in my opinion.

I also like where RG's head is at when listening to him in interviews and on the sidelines.

Then you see it in his play. Yes, he's in a contract year but this is not a guy who does not want to play on game days.

Even when he gets paid, he loves it out there. Now that he legally has his way of coping with the physical pain after games, he's probably even that more positive/interested playing lol!

Not even a slight on him saying that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If Gregory doesn't sign here after the year, get ready for all the posts calling him ungrateful and greedy. I hope they can work something out but won;t be made at Gregory if he gets something better someplace else. He's put in the work to get where he needs to be.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Deserved and happy for him but not helping us contract wise after the year...

The cap had a nice boost for next year. It will the next after as well. We're ok.

Even Dak's contract will look palatable.

DLaw's and Zeke's? No lol!

Big decision on DLaw, hopefully he'll take a rare pay cut? Zeke, 90% another year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You don’t see a Pro Bowler when you watch him play? Also alternates are chosen by coaches/players I believe so it’s not a popularity thing at this point.
I couldn't possibly care less. I think the actual All Pros should get an award and then move on. Alternates are lame and the game is ultra-cringe.

817Gill

Reaction score
I couldn't possibly care less. I think the actual All Pros should get an award and then move on. Alternates are lame and the game is ultra-cringe.
Eh I get the feelings about the actual games but there are so many players and so few spots. An alternate or two at each position is a cool way to recognize those who had Pro Bowl worthy seasons but couldn’t beat out the top of the top. But I get the sentiment.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Eh I get the feelings about the actual games but there are so many players and so few spots. An alternate or two at each position is a cool way to recognize those who had Pro Bowl worthy seasons but couldn’t beat out the top of the top. But I get the sentiment.
Everybody gets a trophy!

Scotman

Reaction score
I agree. Have some football fest in Hawaii. Let the guys hang out and do some football related stuff. Alternates? Just name the second team. They get to go to Hawaii too, but have to buy their own drinks or something. But a make believe game? I rarely watch it at all. I'd be more interested in watching some panel discussions...light hearted and casual format. A passing and catching game...almost like Pro Bowl combine with fajitas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did someone or something piss in your cereal or coffee or whatever this morning?
Man just enjoy and be happy for them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Did someone or something piss in your cereal or coffee or whatever this morning?
Man just enjoy and be happy for them.
How about you do you. I stand by my opinion. If you want to have an adult conversation fine.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Gregory doesn't sign here after the year, get ready for all the posts calling him ungrateful and greedy. I hope they can work something out but won;t be made at Gregory if he gets something better someplace else. He's put in the work to get where he needs to be.

I have no doubt we'll re-sign him.