Twitter: Randy Gregory Named Pro Bowl Alternate

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont know, it becomes one by the time the game is played but these initial choices for the roster do have some significance and most selections are deserving
They were talking on the radio earlier that Schultz probably got hosed because he isn't a known name. Apparently Schultz has more TDs than Kyle Pitts, but I haven't checked their #s..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I am happy for them.
I'm not unhappy I just think the entire idea is watered down. The game itself is almost insulting. Gregory is awesome, but if a player isn't the All Pro candidate, I don't want to hear who the alternates are. I'd rather honor the best and then scrap the silly game and let fans interact with the players. I'd rather they have some fun contests than to see a touch football game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not unhappy I just think the entire idea is watered down. The game itself is almost insulting. Gregory is awesome, but if a player isn't the All Pro candidate, I don't want to hear who the alternates are. I'd rather honor the best and then scrap the silly game and let fans interact with the players. I'd rather they have some fun contests than to see a touch football game.

I have not watched it in years, other than a few plays here and there, or 5 or 10 minutes.
Maybe they should bring back the competitions like they did during the summer years ago. Where players competed in different events.
QB's had throwing like the moving targets and had to hit them. Longest throw but also not just distance, but closest to the line also as in a straight line.
That would be more interesting.

Not sure what the other position groups could do.
best one hand catch or something.

They could have the Jaylon sled drill. :muttley:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have not watched it in years, other than a few plays here and there, or 5 or 10 minutes.
Maybe they should bring back the competitions like they did during the summer years ago. Where players competed in different events.
QB's had throwing like the moving targets and had to hit them. Longest throw but also not just distance, but closest to the line also as in a straight line.
That would be more interesting.

Not sure what the other position groups could do.
best one hand catch or something.

They could have the Jaylon sled drill. :muttley:
Yep

ultron

Reaction score
If Gregory doesn't sign here after the year, get ready for all the posts calling him ungrateful and greedy. I hope they can work something out but won;t be made at Gregory if he gets something better someplace else. He's put in the work to get where he needs to be.
I understand what you’re saying, but if there’s a player in Cowboys history that ‘owes us a solid’ - it’s Randy Gregory. I really hope he stays here because not only do I think he’s a great football player, I think he's a great guy off the field too.

I’m also selfish in the sense that I love how he heckles the crap out of opposing fans in all of the ‘sounds from the sideline’ videos lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying, but if there’s a player in Cowboys history that ‘owes us a solid’ - it’s Randy Gregory. I really hope he stays here because not only do I think he’s a great football player, I think he's a great guy off the field too.

No, I don't think he owes us. He was a 1st Round grade out of college so he would have had a market if we let him go regardless. We held on to him because he had potential, we had little else, and he was cheap money-wise. You better believe if we drafted someone else who emerged opposite of Lawrence that Gregory would have easily been history via trade or release. If Aldon Smith had a market, Randy Gregory would have had a market, especially now that the league relaxed the punishment for weed. We wanted something for our cheap money plus a hopeful inside track to re-sign if he emerged. Well, he's emerged. Well-played Cowboys but it's not solely up to them anymore. Just business.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I love how this dude is balling........while simultaneously hating that it happens to be a contract year cause.......well you know :(

To be fair though if he gets a better offer someone else I would advise him to take the money. If I'm the Cowboys I refuse to overpay. Just like Zeke, I would have never paid him that, but I'm also glad he got his money as well and I don't fault him making sure he got it because he seen what they did to Murray and also just how players (especially RBs) are treated around the league

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
If Gregory doesn't sign here after the year, get ready for all the posts calling him ungrateful and greedy. I hope they can work something out but won;t be made at Gregory if he gets something better someplace else. He's put in the work to get where he needs to be.

I hope he offers the Cowboys a discount for sticking with him. He'd be out of the NFL if it weren't for Jerry. That being said I won't blame him too much for seeking a big pay day.

CWR

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Good for Randy. One bs archaic rule gone and we have a healthy, happy, stud pass rusher. Go get em!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I hope he offers the Cowboys a discount for sticking with him. He'd be out of the NFL if it weren't for Jerry. That being said I won't blame him too much for seeking a big pay day.

Nah. As I said in a later post, Gregory would have had a market as a former 1st Round talent. Aldon Smith had a market.

CWR

Reaction score
A stud pass rusher.

Who in 7 years has never actually had the numbers of a stud pass rusher.

Except he's balling now. I remember a month ago when you were down playing Gallimore coming back and talking about Osa falling off.

Live in the present. The dline is balling.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak got greedy. Big time. You know I'm one of his biggest supporters, but Dak most definitely got greedy especially after us finding out he has made $100 mil in sponsorships & endorsements simply for being the Cowboys franchise QB.

There comes a time the players have to give back a little to wear the Star on their helmet in order to help the team field a competitive team just like the team gives to them for wearing the uniform.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except he's balling now. I remember a month ago when you were down playing Gallimore coming back and talking about Osa falling off.

Live in the present. The dline is balling.

Osa has fallen off. What world do you live in?

The Cowboys are 16th in the league in sacks. Average. They're coming off a Giants game where they sacked Mike Glennon a whopping 1 time.

I do live in the present. It's just that I'm in the timeline of reality.

Creeper

Reaction score
Anyone still think Gregory will not command a premium price in 2022? Who doesn't want a disruptive pass rushing DE these days? The Eagles will over him $18 million a year knowing the Cowboys cannot match it.