Twitter: Randy Gregory Named Pro Bowl Alternate

CWR

Reaction score
Osa has fallen off. What world do you live in?

The Cowboys are 16th in the league in sacks. Average. They're coming off a Giants game where they sacked Mike Glennon a whopping 1 time.

I do live in the present. It's just that I'm in the timeline of reality.

They are also 4th in QB pressures and 3rd in QB knock downs. I shouldn't have to explain we didn't have our starting Dline until recently.

You just need a reason to cry. Don't let me stop you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are also 4th in QB pressures and 3rd in QB knock downs. I shouldn't have to explain we didn't have our starting Dline until recently.

You just need a reason to cry. Don't let me stop you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

Did we have our starting DL against the Giants?

What year did Gregory produce like a stud pass rusher?

How about Gallimore?

What has Osa done the last two months of the season?

You won't answer any of those questions. You'll just offer excuses.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dak got greedy. Big time. You know I'm one of his biggest supporters, but Dak most definitely got greedy especially after us finding out he has made $100 mil in sponsorships & endorsements simply for being the Cowboys franchise QB.

There comes a time the players have to give back a little to wear the Star on their helmet in order to help the team field a competitive team just like the team gives to them for wearing the uniform.

Nope. Dak did what was asked of him and the front office dragged their feet and paid the price for doing so. How much would they have saved if they extended him when Goff got extended? I have to admit, the poetic justice was sweet when someone leaked that Dak wanted $40M to make him look bad during negotiations and then had to pay $40M to lock him up in the end. Just business. If "cut for cap reasons" exists then teams have to deal with this also. Can't have all odds favor one side.

CWR

Reaction score
Did we have our starting DL against the Giants?

What year did Gregory produce like a stud pass rusher?

How about Gallimore?

What has Osa done the last two months of the season?

You won't answer any of those questions. You'll just offer excuses.

I dont have to make excuses for this d line or the defense as a whole. They are balling right now, and anyone with an ounce of knowledge will tell you this dline is playing as good as anyone in the league.

Funny you keep pointing toward the Giants game. A game in which we gave up all of 6 points. Way to make an argument lol.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont have to make excuses for this d line or the defense as a whole. They are balling right now, and anyone with an ounce of knowledge will tell you this dline is playing as good as anyone in the league.

Funny you keep pointing toward the Giants game. A game in which we gave up all of 6 points. Way to make an argument lol.

Exactly. Nothing to back it up. Just a hollow claim of "balling".

I hope Glennon remembers that 1 sack and knows there's more where that came from. We might get 2 next time. If you can believe such numbers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope. Dak did what was asked of him and the front office dragged their feet and paid the price for doing so. How much would they have saved if they extended him when Goff got extended? I have to admit, the poetic justice was sweet when someone leaked that Dak wanted $40M to make him look bad during negotiations and then had to pay $40M to lock him up in the end. Just business. If "cut for cap reasons" exists then teams have to deal with this also. Can't have all odds favor one side.
This is a business where cap casualties are in place every year. Look at how the Patriots have managed their teams for the past 20 years. That's how a playoff compatible team manages their salary cap and players. Go ahead and root for players being able to get as much as they can, but don't complain when this team continues to not be able to field a salary capped team in place to be able to not only reach the playoffs but actually make some noise once there simply because they overpaid for a handful of players while losing on other key players to free agency simply because you couldn't afford to pay a little more to keep them.

If you ever owned a business, you would understand this.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is a business where cap casualties are in place every year. Look at how the Patriots have managed their teams for the past 20 years. That's how a playoff compatible team manages their salary cap and players. Go ahead and root for players being able to get as much as they can, but don't complain when this team continues to not be able to field a salary capped team in place to be able to not only reach the playoffs but actually make some noise once there simply because they overpaid for a handful of players while losing on other key players to free agency simply because you couldn't afford to pay a little more to keep them.

If you ever owned a business, you would understand this.

Effective management of the cap is the team's job. Don't want to be in cap hell? Don't pay out massive contracts. Simple. So it's the teams who are on the hook for figuring out what they can "afford." But there's a reason fans put the blame on the players for asking and not the owners for saying yes to the ask and paying. The 14th and 22nd letters of the alphabet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How about you do you. I stand by my opinion. If you want to have an adult conversation fine.
Are you sure you stand by your opinion? You keep repeating yourself like you are trying to convince yourself that you mean what you say. It seems if you really meant what you say, you'd only need to say it once. We all understand how you feel about it. You were very clear in the delivery of your opinion. Good job, boss! Attaboy! :D

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No, I don't think he owes us. He was a 1st Round grade out of college so he would have had a market if we let him go regardless. We held on to him because he had potential, we had little else, and he was cheap money-wise. You better believe if we drafted someone else who emerged opposite of Lawrence that Gregory would have easily been history via trade or release. If Aldon Smith had a market, Randy Gregory would have had a market, especially now that the league relaxed the punishment for weed. We wanted something for our cheap money plus a hopeful inside track to re-sign if he emerged. Well, he's emerged. Well-played Cowboys but it's not solely up to them anymore. Just business.
Agreed. I'm proud of him and his continued comeback and proud of the Cowboys sticking with him (your posting of the circumstances noted), but this is a business.
Nothing to do, but see where things go from here.

I hope for the best.

Swagger

Reaction score
Very pleasing and fully deserved. A real shame that he will not be on the roster next season due to overpaying for other players not worth their contracts.

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly. Nothing to back it up. Just a hollow claim of "balling".

I hope Glennon remembers that 1 sack and knows there's more where that came from. We might get 2 next time. If you can believe such numbers.

I posted a link my first reply. Adjust your fingers to click on it. It's not that difficult to see how well this defense and DLINE have been playing.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite a rise for the young man. Those wary of paying him due to his past are conveniently ignoring the rule changes that won’t suspend him any longer. Also @Bobhaze has done a good job detailing bi-polar disorder and it’s effects. I think Gregory should be a applauded more than given the side-eye some insensitive posters give him. He’s a good guy and well-spoken.

Should see a few more, probably on the offensive side. Zeke is 2nd in rush yards in the NFC, Lamb or Prescott could be selected as well.

Good for him as he deserves a massive deal with all the struggles he had to overcome!!!
P.S. And some team with tons of Cap room will give it to him!:(

ultron

Reaction score
No, I don't think he owes us. He was a 1st Round grade out of college so he would have had a market if we let him go regardless. We held on to him because he had potential, we had little else, and he was cheap money-wise. You better believe if we drafted someone else who emerged opposite of Lawrence that Gregory would have easily been history via trade or release. If Aldon Smith had a market, Randy Gregory would have had a market, especially now that the league relaxed the punishment for weed. We wanted something for our cheap money plus a hopeful inside track to re-sign if he emerged. Well, he's emerged. Well-played Cowboys but it's not solely up to them anymore. Just business.
Yea it is - and I understand if he leaves but we could’ve cut ties with him many times just on pure principle that weed was “more important to him than football” in some people’s mind. If we cut ties with him there’s no guarantee that he would’ve ever been picked up by another NFL team. Nevertheless, he’s going to get a nice contract & hopefully it’s with the boys.

plymkr

Reaction score
Quite a rise for the young man. Those wary of paying him due to his past are conveniently ignoring the rule changes that won’t suspend him any longer. Also @Bobhaze has done a good job detailing bi-polar disorder and it’s effects. I think Gregory should be a applauded more than given the side-eye some insensitive posters give him. He’s a good guy and well-spoken.

Should see a few more, probably on the offensive side. Zeke is 2nd in rush yards in the NFC, Lamb or Prescott could be selected as well.

Well that's going to cost us 2 million more a year. But I'm happy for him. He deserves it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yea it is - and I understand if he leaves but we could’ve cut ties with him many times just on pure principle that weed was “more important to him than football” in some people’s mind. If we cut ties with him there’s no guarantee that he would’ve ever been picked up by another NFL team. Nevertheless, he’s going to get a nice contract & hopefully it’s with the boys.

Well, again, I think if Aldon Smith had a market and even Josh Gordon has continued to have a market (he's currently with the Chiefs and getting on the field) then Gregory would have as well. No guarantee, correct, but short of being accused of murder, I think Gregory would have been given every chance in the NFL beyond us if we let him go. Gregory giving a little to stay here falls into the category of "would be nice" but by no means to be expected, IMO. I'm hopeful he'll stay.