Twitter: Randy Gregory named to the Team's Leadership Council

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I feel like it's a typical Dallas Cowboys move to name a guy to something like this that if not for a rule change would still be suspended because they can't stop breaking rules.

I dunno about anyone else, but someone you couldn't depend on for like 6 years has not earned the title of "leader" just yet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Does this mean he gets to lead cheers in a big circle before kickoff? If so, I'm all for it.

"We're gonna smoke 'em and smoke 'em good! We're gonna roll 'em up, light 'em up, smoke 'em, and satisfy our hunger after the game straight from the pot with lots of herb! We're gonna hit them with blunt force. We're gonna beat them like a weed whacker whacks weed and leave 'em lying in the grass like dope(s). They'll chronic-ly feel pain! No doubt about it, bud. Reefer to me as your leader. Okay, 420 on 1. Ready? 420!!!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel like it's a typical Dallas Cowboys move to name a guy to something like this that if not for a rule change would still be suspended because they can't stop breaking rules.

I dunno about anyone else, but someone you couldn't depend on for like 6 years has not earned the title of "leader" just yet.
The team is probably giving him the position as an incentive to keep him on the straight and narrow

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The team is probably giving him the position as an incentive to keep him on the straight and narrow

Honestly, my first thought was that it's a good will gesture in case he blows up to help with contract negotiations. "You get to be a leader if you stay here instead of some new guy someplace else."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe to the team and his teammates he has. You aren't there, so you don't know. Just be happy for the guy. Dang, every bit of news you have to put a negative spin on it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe to the team and his teammates he has. You aren't there, so you don't know. Just be happy for the guy. Dang, every bit of news you have to put a negative spin on it.
To me, rewarding a guy with anything that includes the word "leader" in it when he would still be suspended if not for a rule change shows the FO itself lacks real leadership.

I don't have to agree with everything they do. This just seems like a weird thing to give a guy that thought breaking the rules was more important than being with his team.

cowboyec

Reaction score

he did to get sober.
he fought hell with a water pistol.
helluva lot harder than splittn a double team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
he did to get sober.
he fought hell with a water pistol.
helluva lot harder than splittn a double team.
I don't think he quit smoking weed though. I'm pretty sure the NFL just changed their rules which now allow him to play.