Twitter: Randy Gregory named to the Team's Leadership Council

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You simply can't make this stuff up.
This screams Jerry Jones all over it.

You know he wants to be like "See, I never gave up on him! I knew he could do it. What leadership he showed!". As if we don't know if not for rule changes he'd still be sitting out home suspended.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I feel like it's a typical Dallas Cowboys move to name a guy to something like this that if not for a rule change would still be suspended because they can't stop breaking rules.

I dunno about anyone else, but someone you couldn't depend on for like 6 years has not earned the title of "leader" just yet.
How is he any different than Simone Biles?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How is he any different than Simone Biles?
I'm pretty sure Biles did not constantly get suspended for breaking the rules and the only reason she is able to compete now is because of rules changes...

If you're going with the mental health thing then I get it, but Gregory was still breaking the rules set in place by his employers, Biles was not breaking any rules. She could compete if she wanted to, where Gregory could not because he kept getting suspended.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Again, what does the Leadership Council DO? Schedule use of the party bus? Complain to the union if OTAs get a bit rough? Or is it an honorary title that means nothing.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Maybe to the team and his teammates he has. You aren't there, so you don't know. Just be happy for the guy. Dang, every bit of news you have to put a negative spin on it.

I guess these cats on here don't believe in forgiveness and giving people another chance. I hope they have no skeletons in their closets. The dude is a likable guy. Yes he's been unreliable in the past but I don't blame him for wanting to medicate himself with THC instead of anti-depressants for his mental illness or taking Vicodin or other pain pills for his aches and pains after games. I have no need to medicate myself but I'm not going to judge him for picking his own ways to medicate himself long as it's not hard drugs. He scored one of the highest scores on his Wonderlic test so I don't think he smokes it to be a lazy stoner.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Biles did not constantly get suspended for breaking the rules and the only reason she is able to compete now is because of rules changes...

If you're going with the mental health thing then I get it, but Gregory was still breaking the rules set in place by his employers, Biles was not breaking any rules. She could compete if she wanted to, where Gregory could not because he kept getting suspended.
Gregory was working on his mental health, trying to overcome his demons....he should be called a hero for doing so, just like biles. I see zero difference.

Just to be clear, I don't consider her some role model, but if woke society calls biles a role model and hero, out randy right there with her in that category.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Gregory was working on his mental health, trying to overcome his demons....he should be called a hero for doing so, just like biles. I see zero difference.
Biles isn't breaking any rules that would get her suspended. If you can't see the difference then you're just being willfully blind to it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Just to be clear, I don't consider her some role model, but if woke society calls biles a role model and hero, out randy right there with her in that category.

Gregory was overcoming an addiction whereas Biles quit because she performed poorly in the vault event and blamed mental issues as her reason for quitting.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Biles isn't breaking any rules that would get her suspended. If you can't see the difference then you're just being willfully blind to it.
I'm curious, how often are gymnasts tested, if at least for weed? And what should it matter if what randy did to improve his me tal health broke arbitrary nfl rules? Isn't getting your head on straight more important than any sport? That is why biles is being worshiped.... she put her mental health above all else..... how is that different than Randy?

Reactions: CWR

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh yeah, he deserved respect for that, but i'm not sure he should have the title of "leader" quite yet.
Being a leader goes far beyond the football field. You haven't a clue if he helps his teammates off the field or any leadership qualities.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm curious, how often are gymnasts tested, if at least for weed? And what should it matter if what randy did to improve his me tal health broke arbitrary nfl rules? Isn't getting your head on straight more important than any sport? That is why biles is being worshiped.... she put her mental health above all else..... how is that different than Randy?
Yes, getting your head straight is more important, but it doesn't change the fact that he was breaking rules.

If you want a job then you have to follow the rules set forth by your employer. That's life.

Again, the difference is Biles can compete right now if she wanted to because she broken ZERO rules. Gregory could not do that because he broke the rules set for by his employer adn was suspended for it.

Also, not everybody is worshiping Biles. The media might, but that's the media being the media. I've seen plenty of people on social media calling her a bad teammate for letting the others girls down and even thinking that she's using it as an excuse because she'd rather not compete then lose and lose that aura she has around her.

Big_D

Reaction score
Gregory should get one of the spots next to Yoda.

Jcouncil_img03.jpg

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Could be as simple as they think he will relate to the young guys on the team easily, he also has a great story on how adjusting to the NFL can be tough. He stuck with it and didn't quit, if he is a leader on the field this can be a good move.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, rewarding a guy with anything that includes the word "leader" in it when he would still be suspended if not for a rule change shows the FO itself lacks real leadership.

I don't have to agree with everything they do. This just seems like a weird thing to give a guy that thought breaking the rules was more important than being with his team.

That is in the past. He has a new chance. Go forward. All this past crap means nothing at this point. Nothing can be done about it but whining. Which is a waste of time.
But hey, to each their own I guess.