Twitter: Randy Gregory was the highest graded edge defender of the week

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Gregory played like he was possessed yesterday and if he keeps that **** up Daniel Jones will find himself on his back a lot come Sunday!

Jones is still a fumble waiting to happen.. I fully expect Gregory, Lawrence and Smith to meet at the QB a half dozen times next week. The great thing about Gregory is that he brings one thing that Armstrong, Lawrence and Smith do not.. raw speed. Dude can flat run.. which is why Hurts was unable to get away from him or turn the corner on him multiple times yesterday. There are only two or three QBs in the league who can actually run away from Gregory.. Murray, Jackson and maybe Russ.. but that's it.. The rest he will track down.. On a side note, did anyone else notice the amount of attention Lawrence was getting yesterday? I saw several instances where the tight end chipped him, then the tackle picked him up while getting help from the RB. I guess all the damage he did last week got the Eagles' attention.. When the other team assigns three guys to you, you know you a baaaaaad man.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Jones is still a fumble waiting to happen.. I fully expect Gregory, Lawrence and Smith to meet at the QB a half dozen times next week. The great thing about Gregory is that he brings one thing that Armstrong, Lawrence and Smith do not.. raw speed. Dude can flat run.. which is why Hurts was unable to get away from him or turn the corner on him multiple times yesterday. There are only two or three QBs in the league who can actually run away from Gregory.. Murray, Jackson and maybe Russ.. but that's it.. The rest he will track down.. On a side note, did anyone else notice the amount of attention Lawrence was getting yesterday? I saw several instances where the tight end chipped him, then the tackle picked him up while getting help from the RB. I guess all the damage he did last week got the Eagles' attention.. When the other team assigns three guys to you, you know you a baaaaaad man.

We are fortunate to have Lawrence on this team. A deeper look and isolating him on video would give fans a greater appreciation of what he does and brings to the defence.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We are fortunate to have Lawrence on this team. A deeper look and isolating him on video would give fans a greater appreciation of what he does and brings to the defence.

No it won't. People who only look at the stat sheet or believe the only thing a DE needs to do is get sacks will always devalue what a guy like Lawrence does.. Throw in that they want him to be playing at half his salary.. and .. well you know..

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I honestly think that Gregory will keep getting better as he gets more game time...but there is also the idea that he has fresh legs since he came in late during the season.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Gregory stays out of the Goodell's office we have quality bookend's at least for another yr. Improve the interior and they both will only get better.

You have to be a lot more optimistic about Gregory now than in his previous suspensions. He worked through a two year suspension and worked hard physically when a lot of players would have given up. He was never the lazy stoner some claimed he was but even though he wasn't on the field, he clearly did what he needed to do (including add good weight in the weight room).

Also we don't have the details but there is a lot of rumors that they didn't reinstate him over procedural issues (missing a test while in a facility with constant testing and supervision). It really sounds like one of those situations where he would have been back a year earlier if he was playing for the Giants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You have to be a lot more optimistic about Gregory now than in his previous suspensions. He worked through a two year suspension and worked hard physically when a lot of players would have given up. He was never the lazy stoner some claimed he was but even though he wasn't on the field, he clearly did what he needed to do (including add good weight in the weight room).

Also we don't have the details but there is a lot of rumors that they didn't reinstate him over procedural issues (missing a test while in a facility with constant testing and supervision). It really sounds like one of those situations where he would have been back a year earlier if he was playing for the Giants.

I freely admit I was not a big fan of Gregory after continual suspensions. He got his chance to return and is making the most of it. I think despite overall stat totals of sacks that we have some good pass rushers, what has hurt Dallas has been their inability to stop the run.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Let's hope he continues to play in this league. Talent nor work ethic has never been the issue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I freely admit I was not a big fan of Gregory after continual suspensions. He got his chance to return and is making the most of it. I think despite overall stat totals of sacks that we have some good pass rushers, what has hurt Dallas has been their inability to stop the run.

And like others have said, if you put a young Kuwame Short at NT Gregory's pass rush will have an even bigger impact.

IMO the biggest issue with Gregory wasn't addiction, it was whatever mental demons he is fighting. And the fact he stayed on track and focused for the two years off speaks highly of him being a much better mental place than before.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Gregory has quickness similar to players like DeMarcus Ware and Lawrence Taylor. That is not hyperbole that is just the level of his natural talent.

That in and out move did he put on the tackle for his second sack was just unbelievable. Of current players able to do that the only one that I can think of is Khalil Mack.

he needs to get stronger which is not surprising considering he hasn't been in an off-season conditioning program in a couple years but the league better watch out once he's through it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And like others have said, if you put a young Kuwame Short at NT Gregory's pass rush will have an even bigger impact.

IMO the biggest issue with Gregory wasn't addiction, it was whatever mental demons he is fighting. And the fact he stayed on track and focused for the two years off speaks highly of him being a much better mental place than before.

You can see him playing mad. I never looked at that as a negative. When he's been in he's been good the problem has been that he's been out because he's been suspended because of that asinine policy.

I want him to be happy but at the same time I don't want him to lose his edge.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

and for his sake I hope he has gotten that behind him. He has a chance and may not get another so he needs to make the most of it. I hope he does. I feel the same for Aldon Smith, he got a chance no one else was willing to give. We need both guys to kick it up a notch this weekend and hopefully beyond this weekend.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Gregory's performance yesterday is even more impressive when you consider the NT for the majority of snaps yesterday is a guy who was on the Practice Squad for the first five weeks of the season.

Justin Hamilton was god awful. When it was him and Tyrone Crawford as our defensive tackles I just hope that they wouldn't do middle runs because when they did we got destroyed.

Lucky for us they abandoned the run in the second half.