Twitter: Randy Gregory was the highest graded edge defender of the week

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs can I talk you into drafting two interior defensive linemen with our first two picks to go along with Gallimore?
I really hope they fill the need both in the draft and fa. Not sure I would use both our top picks at the position, but would definitely use 1 premium pick I’m that area

Proof

Reaction score
And like others have said, if you put a young Kuwame Short at NT Gregory's pass rush will have an even bigger impact.

IMO the biggest issue with Gregory wasn't addiction, it was whatever mental demons he is fighting. And the fact he stayed on track and focused for the two years off speaks highly of him being a much better mental place than before.

lol @ kuwame

Proof

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Trouty? I miss him. I liked his contribution, and he begged me to forgive him over something that wasn't a big deal. I was impressed because people love to be at odds perpetually with others on this forum and tend to NEVER yield even when they're wrong. Truth be told, I used to be that way too.

trouty was a funny good dude. I remember him msging me once over disagreeing with a post he’d made and said something to the effect of “hey man I thought we were cool. I’ve liked a bunch of your posts. What did I do to you” lol. Legit made me feel bad, and it was something trivial and I didn’t insult him or anything

cern

Reaction score
Randy was outstanding. Even when sucking wind between plays, he kept on going like the Energizer bunny. There's a financial reward in the future. I wouldn't necessarily wait until the last year of his current deal to pull the trigger.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He didn't have his best game yesterday but ups and downs are expected for a rookie. I saw him getting turned too much for my liking and not enough penetration.

I think Gallimore hit the Rookie Wall and they cut back on his snaps. He certainly shows the physical skills, I think he will take a big jump in performance in his second year just like Trysten Hill did.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If PFF supports an agenda, they are good.
If PFF doesn’t support the agenda, they are bad.

More like PFF grades are subjective grading done in a way that the public has no clue of and therefor is at best unreliable in any context.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
No it won't. People who only look at the stat sheet or believe the only thing a DE needs to do is get sacks will always devalue what a guy like Lawrence does.. Throw in that they want him to be playing at half his salary.. and .. well you know..

I think a lot of fans would have been up in arms if we had two bookends in the Robert Quinn mode. Lawrence is very stout against the run, and fans need to understand that critical jobs for a DE is to seal the edge, keep the QB in the pocket, sniff out the screens and keep an eye out for RBs bleeding out into the flat. It's not just sacks.

Sacks are a lazy way to assess the DE position, and is a function of the media and Madden, but not the primary reason why a football coach would start one DE over another.

If all you are is a sack artist, then as an OC I would run all day at you, throw all day into the zone you would consistently vacate and play head games with you with short passes at your zone.

cern

Reaction score
I think a lot of fans would have been up in arms if we had two bookends in the Robert Quinn mode. Lawrence is very stout against the run, and fans need to understand that critical jobs for a DE is to seal the edge, keep the QB in the pocket, sniff out the screens and keep an eye out for RBs bleeding out into the flat. It's not just sacks.

Sacks are a lazy way to assess the DE position, and is a function of the media and Madden, but not the primary reason why a football coach would start one DE over another.

If all you are is a sack artist, then as an OC I would run all day at you, throw all day into the zone you would consistently vacate and play head games with you with short passes at your zone.
good post. that's exactly how andy reid neutralized demarcus ware. but having said that, randy is much more than just an edge rusher. he sets the edge well, and he is relentless in pursuing a play.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We are fortunate to have Lawrence on this team. A deeper look and isolating him on video would give fans a greater appreciation of what he does and brings to the defence.
Does not secure the edge - repeatedly!

quickccc

Reaction score
Gregory played like he was possessed yesterday and if he keeps that **** up Daniel Jones will find himself on his back a lot come Sunday!

Depends upon this oddball DL coach - there were strange times when Tomsula would give Gregory mysteriously limited reps - ala the Ravens game with just 13 snaps.

:angry:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Randy was outstanding. Even when sucking wind between plays, he kept on going like the Energizer bunny. There's a financial reward in the future. I wouldn't necessarily wait until the last year of his current deal to pull the trigger.

Gregory has always been good with effort. So much so he's gets a little out of control sometimes.

And I can definitely see us extending him this offseason.

tico

Reaction score
If Gregory stays out of the Goodell's office we have quality bookend's at least for another yr. Improve the interior and they both will only get better.
He shouldn't, he's a good kid outside of the NFL... He just likes the devils lettuce but he won't fail that test anymore.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think this is worth posting here as people don't seem to be aware but

A lot will change with the NFL's new collective bargaining agreement, including a new drug policy in which players will no longer be suspended for positive marijuana tests.

The new CBA will reduce the testing period from four months to the two weeks at the start of training camp. A new threshold for a positive test will also be put in place, raising the allowed amount of THC from 35 nanograms to 150.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...icy-rules-cba-2020/1svd83aq5q0m71x4t2rftto1m5