Randy Gregory

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
His defensive holding call (how does that even happen) cost us 40 needed seconds at the end of the game. How good would that look like right about now?

anava

Reaction score
His defensive holding call (how does that even happen) cost us 40 needed seconds at the end of the game. How good would that look like right about now?
We had 2 minutes and 3 timeouts. I dont think those 40 seconds matter.

Cmac

Reaction score
While there is some truth to your statement, Gregory is hardly the blame for this dysfunctional organization, he's a product.
Why should he be disciplined with play, when no one else is. You nailed it........he is the product, not cause........of a dysfunctional organization.
And there's more......
Play a RB with injury, dismiss a RB that is healthy, at the time. (As for salary......How about protect on investment vs destroy investment?)
Continue to draft players (outside of Parson) that don't provide immediate impact.
Unwilling to scout HBCUs (there's a guy out there somewhere with country strength that runs like a deer)
Anthony Brown as our starting CB.
Can't seem to find an Offensive Lineman (Frederick hasn't been replaced)

tunahelper

Reaction score
Keep Gregory until you have a replacement. One of those penalties was on the offense, real bad call. Gregory had a good bounce back year, not great but good.

I think RG is a keeper. He is not Haley, but he can play. The team will likely need to guarantee some more of Dak's contract to free up cash.

Kearse, Gallup types are OK, but they are replaceable. LB, DT, LG, and C are areas in dire need of talent.

Team is at a crossroad and it looks like an uphill battle to get this team right.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think RG is a keeper. He is not Haley, but he can play. The team will likely need to guarantee some more of Dak's contract to free up cash.

Kearse, Gallup types are OK, but they are replaceable. LB, DT, LG, and C are areas in dire need of talent.

Team is at a crossroad and it looks like an uphill battle to get this team right.

Keep Kearse though

JustChip

Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys really love Randy but his selfish behavior really cost the team. Three bad penalties. He was pretty much a no show and as usual he got abused in the run game. I really hope we can move on from this guy. Easily my least favorite player left on the team.
And he got away with clearly punching a guy on the ground.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robert Quinn had 18.5 sacks this year. Gregory has 16.5 in his 6 year career.
Of course Quinn is years removed from his time in Dallas, and only had 2 sacks last year. Would love to have had him this year though.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Gregory has always been about Gregory. His behavior on and off the field has always been selfish. No one who is held accountable for their actions wanted to draft him and no one who is held accountable for his actions would have ever stuck by someone this unreliable for 6 years. Gregory is IMHO a poster boy for the issues that Jerry brings to this team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys really love Randy but his selfish behavior really cost the team. Three bad penalties. He was pretty much a no show and as usual he got abused in the run game. I really hope we can move on from this guy. Easily my least favorite player left on the team.
I was on board with him but yesterday just brought up a lot of bad memories of stupidity with him. Just let him go - he is not going to get strong offers IMO but we will see.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This would be a nightmare.
Jerry already got bent over on that 1 sided contract he gave Dak.
He needs to ride this storm out until we can jump ship and start over.
Zeke needs to go now !
When has throwing money at a problem ever made it go away?
It is just stupid to let Zeke go though and hurt your cap by 12 million. Just got to hold on one more year and let Pollard have a lot of the load IMO.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Edge is this drafts deepest position, Randy Gregory will be 30 next year.

Can build the pass rush around # 11. Whether that’s to continue playing him as a hybrid Leo or an OLB in a 3-4.

DLaw is still a player but he’s $27,000,000 against the cap. He looks 100 % healthy too.

If you cut him this year you eat $19,000,000 in dead cap. Trading him it all accelerates but you might get a useful player or draft pick if a team believes they’re a DLaw away from a title.

Gregory can play, but he’s hit his ceiling and has bad knees. Can’t afford to risk paying out another big contract and not have a player start the majority of the season like we’ve been experiencing.

We need to get younger on both lines.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re going to move on from a lot of players because we have to pay #4.

QBs today make a ton of money so you might as well deal with it. We’re already paying number 4. We’re going to have to pay number 11 and number 7 eventually. Both are going to break the bank.