Randy Gregory's first full offseason

J12B

Reaction score
This is Randy Gregory's first (or at least his first since he's been a rookie) full off season since being drafted.

The patience for him is about to pay off.

Get ready for #94 this year.

He is going to be the difference maker this defense so desperately needs.

:starspin:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is Randy Gregory's first (or at least his first since he's been a rookie) full off season since being drafted.

The patience for him is about to pay off.

Get ready for #94 this year.

He is going to be the difference maker this defense so desperately needs.

:starspin:
There is another thread similar to yours I started yesterday. Randy is a question mark as far as I am concerned. Being bipolar he is not like the rest of us. It remains to be seen how it works out for Randy. I wish him Godspeed.

The risk with him is better than the risk we took selecting Jaylon Smith when we drafted him. I never thought Jaylon was going to play. Better than I thought but not as good as I had hoped.
:angry:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is another thread similar to yours I started yesterday. Randy is a question mark as far as I am concerned. Being bipolar he is not like the rest of us. It remains to be seen how it works out for Randy. I wish him Godspeed.
:angry:

He is exactly, like the rest of us. What makes you or anyone else, believe that you are normal, compared to someone else?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He is exactly, like the rest of us. What makes you or anyone else, believe that you are normal, compared to someone else?
Unclear what you are saying.

You saying Gregory is normal and We are not normal. Whoa..I am not slandering him..these are actual topics in the public record. Huh?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unclear what you are saying.

You saying Gregory is normal and We are not normal. Whoa..I am not slandering him..these are actual topics in the public record. Huh?

Saying, "He's not like the rest of us", sounds like you are ostracizing him, and others like him. There are many fans posting on this site, that we can make assumptions about, including myself. Being Bi-Polar, does not mean he can't function and do the same things that you and I do. Many of those words, are loosely used for anyone outside of what we consider normal.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Saying, "He's not like the rest of us", sounds like you are ostracizing him, and others like him. There are many fans posting on this site, that we can make assumptions about, including myself. Being Bi-Polar, does not mean he can't function and do the same things that you and I do. Many of those words, are loosely used for anyone outside of what we consider normal.
As you wish to understand it. I posted how I felt from my personal experience with it. That was all I was implying. Not into labels. Slow down there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Randy has played NFL football long enough that having this full offseason is not going to matter. He's rested like all the players. After next week's mandatory minicamp, all the players are going to get a long break before having to report to Oxnard. Randy is susceptible as any player to get stupid, get busted, get hurt, get careless, get suspended during this long break. I'll be praying for all the players to safely return but maybe it wouldn't hurt to say a special prayer for Randy. :D

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As you wish to understand it. I posted how I felt from my personal experience with it. That was all I was implying. Not into labels. Slow down there.
Look up what.Bi-polar is. It's not a label..its a medical condition. If you have ever seen someone who has it..you would understand.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

apparently he could could not function and do the same things as other nfl players, which is why he has spent most of his nfl career suspended. There had to be complete rule changes for him to be able to stay eligible and play in the nfl.

He ostracized himself with all the other functionally playing nfl players.

I like gregory, and i am happy he is back fully, and I think this will be a big year, but I don't get what your point is

conner01

Reaction score
I’m pretty normal lol
He by his own admission is bipolar
It’s not like a fan diagnosed it
I’m know there are a few posters here who just haven’t been diagnosed yet but most people are not bipolar
No one is blaming him. I’m sure he’d rather not be but it is reality

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Look up what.Bi-polar is. It's not a label..its a medical condition. If you have ever seen someone who has it..you would understand.
My sister and my best friend of over 30 years have it.
It's a very real thing and it's quite debilitating in many ways.
It doesn't make a good person bad, or vice-versa, but it does make a person live in emotional extremes that they cannot control and it's a very tough thing to handle.

I respect Gregory's battle and I wish him nothing, but the best.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
My sister and my best friend of over 30 years have it.
It's a very real thing and it's quite debilitating in many ways.
It doesn't make a good person bad, or vice-versa, but it does make a person live in emotional extremes that they cannot control and it's a very tough thing to handle.

I respect Gregory's battle and I wish him nothing, but the best.
Ditto. It ain't nothing to minimize

ghst187

Reaction score
I think he and Parsons are going light it up this year.
Unreal RG is still like on a rookie level contract.
He was really good even with the limited work and off season reps he has had last few years. Every time he got PT, seemed like he was applying pressure. His talent and length are undeniable. I’m starting to get excited about what is going on here on both sides of the ball

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Certain medical conditions are labels. Because there is a negative perspective placed on certain afflictions. Especially for those diagnosed with mental health issues.

plasticman

Reaction score
Imagine if the new NFL policy that stopped suspensions for weed was enacted in 2015.

Well....Randy wouldn't be a Dallas Cowboy today. He was projected as a top 5 to top 10 pick in the draft and the Cowboys got him in the 2nd round when he began falling due to a pre-draft drug test failure for marijuana.

The positive is that Randy's career should be extended due to the lack of wear and tear on his body. Normally, he would have 6 seasons experience. However, he has only participated in 38 NFL games as a rotational player.