Randy Gregory's first full offseason

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Again I don't care that the league now makes it legal my concern is for the person and his well being. Fine you get high and play football and? Gregory will not get suspended that is good but what about his well being now and later on? I'm not worried about the league
I'm sure Gregory has received and has access to to more professional help than the general public will ever have access to.

He is what he is. For now he is a Cowboy. I would just like to see him reach his full potential. I want him to have a full offseason weight training program, a full training camp, and a full season to realize his full potential.

Playing football gives him structure and discipline and those things alone can help a person overcome a lot of things. The NFL suspends these guys and they are restricted from having any contact with the team which seems to me to be the worst thing you can do.

"Go sit in your apartment and think about your situation and use you idle time wisely"

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bet Gregory makes us all forget about Aldon Smith,, oh wait, did we already forget?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This is Randy Gregory's first (or at least his first since he's been a rookie) full off season since being drafted.
The patience for him is about to pay off.
Get ready for #94 this year.

He is going to be the difference maker this defense so desperately needs.

:starspin:

Hopefully he'll just be ONE of the difference makers. :thumbup:

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
This is Randy Gregory's first (or at least his first since he's been a rookie) full off season since being drafted.

Man I was just thinking about him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure Gregory has received and has access to to more professional help than the general public will ever have access to.

He is what he is. For now he is a Cowboy. I would just like to see him reach his full potential. I want him to have a full offseason weight training program, a full training camp, and a full season to realize his full potential.

Playing football gives him structure and discipline and those things alone can help a person overcome a lot of things. The NFL suspends these guys and they are restricted from having any contact with the team which seems to me to be the worst thing you can do.

"Go sit in your apartment and think about your situation and use you idle time wisely"

and I hope your right. From a football stand point I expect to see him ready to go and have a big season for the Cowboys. In his personal life I hope he is getting the treatment he needs to have a quality of life after football.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There are some NFL teams out there who would probably love to have someone available to get QB pressure like we do with Randy. Why choose to see fit to join them just because we can't see fit to take advantage of our situation? A good chance of having a talented DE with Randy's ability shouldn't be dismissed, just because we refuse to forgive and forget. If Randy lives up to his abilities, we won't be sorry, that's for certain. If he doesn't, it's likely he'll go his way and we'll go ours. There are much worse things to worry about than what our situation is now. There's plenty to gain and little to lose. o_O

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If it takes 7 years for a 2nd round draft pick to pay off, it was a terrible investment. He can contribute now, but he also could have been snatched out of the garbage bin to accomplish the same thing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
100% agree Marcus. I have said it on this board before the average NFL player gets worse from year to year not better. The only people you should expect improvement from are first and second year players. The best you should hope for in most cases (QB excluded) is that players do not regress. I find on this board many people are always hopeful that players who are getting worse every year will suddenly get better. Unless they are in a contract year this is most likely not going to happen. The moral of the story is that you need to keep the team as young and hungry as you can. Think Cowboys 2016.

Regression is an overused term. Especially for QB's. Only way a young player actually regresses is because of an injury. Maybe in rare cases you see a confidence issue and they fall apart. Young player generally dont gets worse with more experience. With QB's its usually a case of the players around the QB deteriorating. A consequence of that is that he cannot perform his job up to the standards he had previously.

quickccc

Reaction score
And this is finally the one year where we won't have to no longer be on eggshells worried about him being suspended
ironically i still think he is the poster child that led to some game changing provisions regarding marijuana ban in the NFL..

All that said, because he hasn't been exposed to a 16+ game year, i think he'd be better suited that he have that 2nd help behind him
to take a small percentage of his snaps early on.

He should be a front runner starter- no one else has his pure top athleticism, great first step get off and extraordinary agility and bend.
Plus he quite simply the best pure natural edge rusher on this team.
And physically he is more equipped to play the hybrid 4-3 or 3-4 scheme than anyone else.

freemanjc19

Reaction score

I wouldn't put to much faith in R. Gregory. His history is a significant cause for concern! The rule change is the only reason he is not suspended as today.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Little to lose as long as you do not consider everything that has already been lost.

That's in the past. This is the present.

We can only deal with what exists now. We have Randy now. He's ours until he's not. ;)

Like it or not, Randy represents our best chance to have a really exceptional pass rush.

If Randy wasn't recognized as being valuable in the past, it wouldn't have been a loss. o_O

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Unreliable...not holding my breath.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Hope you are right!
He has shown flashes