13. Jones -15.4
14. Geno Smith -10.1
15. Lawrence -10

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about Diggs.

You can't pay TWO corners Top 5 CB money....and Bland is already picking out which color Bentley he wants for M, W, F, and which color Bently he wants for T, Th, Sat.
The Cowboys don’t have to pay Bland for two more years. Who knows what will happen with Diggs by then? Remember…LENGTH of contract means a lot less than GUARANTEED MONEY. When looking how long a team will stay with a big payday player, always look at how much of the guaranteed amount has been paid.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t have to pay Bland for two more years. Who knows what will happen with Diggs by then? Remember…LENGTH of contract means a lot less that GUARANTEED MONEY. When looking how long a team will stay with a big payday player, always look at how much of the guaranteed amount has been paid.
Here's the beauty of it. They can pay him after next year, they don't have to worry about a big cap hit until 2027. All that matters are the cap hits going forward, not whether or not he's paid. By then the cap will be a lot higher.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the beauty of it. They can pay him after next year, they don't have to worry about a big cap hit until 2027. All that matters are the cap hits going forward, not whether or not he's paid. By then the cap will be a lot higher.
Several of the GMs of the last 4 SB winners basically roll their eyes at the cap. While Stephen Jones talks about the cap as if it‘s some giant ogre governing pro football, GMs like the chiefs Brett Veach, the rams Les Snead, and the Bucs GM Jason Licht say, “Hold my beer.”

If you know what you’re doing, the cap is a speed bump, not a giant wall.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Remember everyone crying about how much Dak signed for when he signed. Now his contract is actually looking pretty good. It will be on repeat once he signs again. Dak is BALLING right now.

Flamma

Reaction score
Remember everyone crying about how much Dak signed for when he signed. Now his contract is actually looking pretty good. It will be on repeat once he signs again. Dak is BALLING right now.
If you look at his cap hits going forward, it's not looking good at all. They have to keep pushing money forward. On the flip side, Patrick Mahomes contract looks good now.

Flamma

Reaction score
Several of the GMs of the last 4 SB winners basically roll their eyes at the cap. While Stephen Jones talks about the cap as if it‘s some giant ogre governing pro football, GMs like the chiefs Brett Veach, the rams Les Snead, and the Bucs GM Jason Licht say, “Hold my beer.”

If you know what you’re doing, the cap is a speed bump, not a giant wall.
It's like with any business, top execs make excuses to save money. Whether they make sense or not.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Where do you see Dak's extension ........I'm guessing Hurts starting numbers with $57-58M ceiling

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ighest-paid-2023-salary-rankings/70510339007/

2023 NFL QB salary rankings​

Here are the quarterback salary rankings based on average annual value, according to Over The Cap.

1. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals: $55 million (5 years, $275 million)

2. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers: $52.5 million (5 years, $262.5 million)

3. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens: $52 million (5 years, $260 million)

4. Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: $51 million (5 years, $255 million)

5. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos: $49 million (5 years, $245 million)

6. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals: $46.1 million (5 years, $230.5 million)

7. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns: $46 million (5 years, $230 million)

8. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs: $45 million (10 years, $450 million)

9. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills: $43 million (6 years, $258 million)

10 (tie). Daniel Jones, New York Giants: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

10 (tie). Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

10 (tie). Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

13 (tie). Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets: $37.5 million (3 years, $112.5 million)

13 (tie). Derek Carr, New Orleans Saints: $37.5 million (4 years, $150 million)

15. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings: $35 million (1 year, $35 million)

16. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions: $33.5 million (4 years, $134 million)
I know the haters won’t believe it but Dak has been underpaid about a year after he signed that extension. In a few years there will be a $70 million a season quarterback.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I don’t have to worry about Bland until 3 years down the road….least of my concern.
U mean 3 years down the road from when he signed his rookie contract? If so....correct....but that means only 1 more year b4 HoldOut City.

Next year is the last year he must play on his current deal...and he won't play a snap beyond that withouta new contract...and 99% wouldn't play as a tagged player.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Where do you see Dak's extension ........I'm guessing Hurts starting numbers with $57-58M ceiling

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ighest-paid-2023-salary-rankings/70510339007/

2023 NFL QB salary rankings​

Here are the quarterback salary rankings based on average annual value, according to Over The Cap.

1. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals: $55 million (5 years, $275 million)

2. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers: $52.5 million (5 years, $262.5 million)

3. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens: $52 million (5 years, $260 million)

4. Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: $51 million (5 years, $255 million)

5. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos: $49 million (5 years, $245 million)

6. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals: $46.1 million (5 years, $230.5 million)

7. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns: $46 million (5 years, $230 million)

8. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs: $45 million (10 years, $450 million)

9. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills: $43 million (6 years, $258 million)

10 (tie). Daniel Jones, New York Giants: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

10 (tie). Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

10 (tie). Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys: $40 million (4 years, $160 million)

13 (tie). Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets: $37.5 million (3 years, $112.5 million)

13 (tie). Derek Carr, New Orleans Saints: $37.5 million (4 years, $150 million)

15. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings: $35 million (1 year, $35 million)

16. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions: $33.5 million (4 years, $134 million)
Dak gonna get the bag this off season
Jerry might have to sell the yacht!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It’s no wonder there is so much mediocre play in the NFL, and many of these teams took a step backwards after signing these QB contracts. There’s not enough money to keep the pieces around them. Once Purdy needs to get paid, the 49ers won’t be able to keep all of their pieces. If I was a QB, I’d sign with a good team at a ‘discount’ so they can dominate. So much money to be made by winning SBs and endorsement deals.
There are a bunch of mediocre to bad offensive football teams. The QB play is REALLY mediocre to bad on these teams. QB’s that can play at the NFL level(10-20) are going to make a lot of money.

I wish Dak would look at all the endorsements he can make by playing for the Dallas Cowboys and give us a discount on his next contract so we can sign a missing piece here and there. Give us a longer contract to.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
There are a bunch of mediocre to bad offensive football teams. The QB play is REALLY mediocre to bad on these teams. QB’s that can play at the NFL level(10-20) are going to make a lot of money.

I wish Dak would look at all the endorsements he can make by playing for the Dallas Cowboys and give us a discount on his next contract so we can sign a missing piece here and there. Give us a longer contract to.
Exactly. There are few positions in sports with more lucrative possibilities than the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. ESPECIALLY if you win. He says all the right things about not caring about the MVP or individual achievements, and it being all about winning, and crediting his teammates and coaches when they do. No better time to show it than when negotiating his contract. Otherwise it’s all just words.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
seems like yesterday people were arguing on this site that Dak shouldnt be "the highest paid qb in the league"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Somewhat depends on what happens in the playoffs.

But everyone knows Jerry. So it will be a very big number north of $50M a year.
It’s really not Jerry, it’s the state of QB salaries these days. We’ve all seen how QB salaries have skyrocketed and less than great QBs like Daniel Jones, and Kyler Murray have signed huge contract extensions. Every QB wants more than the last QB that signed. Teams really have no choice but to pay them if they want to keep them or someone else will. If Dak continues to play as he has, even if the team falter in the playoffs, he’ll likely be the highest paid QB in the league especially if he wins MVP.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
U mean 3 years down the road from when he signed his rookie contract? If so....correct....but that means only 1 more year b4 HoldOut City.

Next year is the last year he must play on his current deal...and he won't play a snap beyond that withouta new contract...and 99% wouldn't play as a tagged player.
I don’t care about 2025 season and I’m not sure why you do lol. I’ve never seen the Cowboys fail at signing anyone they wanted if they can’t afford him then trade him for picks. Easy fix. I can’t get worked up over something that hasn’t happened yet.