Ranking 2024 Top 12 free-agent running backs

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
To be honest, not much separation from #1 to #12, just depends on the favorite flavor. Either way, it's a safe bet that one on this list will be a 2024 Cowboy starter (full or part-time).

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/l...them&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Ranking 2024's top 12 free-agent running backsRan​

Given what they gave Miles Sanders last year, the Carolina Panthers probably won’t be sifting through the open market for a big-name running back this spring.

But just in case you were curious, here are the top 12 free-agent rushers for the offseason:

1. Saquon Barkley (Age: 27)​

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Who's the cheapest and most washed up option out there, just asking for a friend.

Dallas Cowboys COO and Director of Player Personnel Stephen Jones stands on the sidelines...

Chasing6

Reaction score
To be honest, not much separation from #1 to #12, just depends on the favorite flavor. Either way, it's a safe bet that one on this list will be a 2024 Cowboy starter (full or part-time).

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/l...them&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Given what they gave Miles Sanders last year, the Carolina Panthers probably won’t be sifting through the open market for a big-name running back this spring.

But just in case you were curious, here are the top 12 free-agent rushers for the offseason:

100% don't care and want none of them.
In fact if we were to get one, I would not want one on this list at all.

WhizKid

Reaction score
It's all about getting the oline together (through personnel or scheme change), then whatever we do at RB, we should be good. If they pay up, I'd rather they not. If bargain shopping, I like D'onta Foreman. I'm not against bringing back Pollard if the price is right (and we improve the line).

Regardless of FA, we must DRAFT!
Any of these guys and I'll be okay.

Trey Benson
Audric Estime
Ray Davis
Marshawn Lloyd
Braelon Allen
Blake Corum
Kendall Milton
Jaylen Wright

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's all about getting the oline together (through personnel or scheme change), then whatever we do at RB, we should be good. If they pay up, I'd rather they not. If bargain shopping, I like D'onta Foreman. I'm not against bringing back Pollard if the price is right (and we improve the line).

Trey Benson
Audric Estime
Ray Davis
Marshawn Lloyd
Braelon Allen
Blake Corum
Kendall Milton
Jaylen Wright
Plenty of RB talent in the draft. To bad we don't have a 4th round pick, may actually be the best value in the draft for that position. Save the free agent money please for an impact DT.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Plenty of RB talent in the draft. To bad we don't have a 4th round pick, may actually be the best value in the draft for that position. Save the free agent money please for an impact DT.
I noticed the 4th round is a good place to take a RB. Depending on how the board looks in the 2nd, might be able to trade back and pickup a 4th.
Otherwise, wouldn't be mad at RB in the 3rd. Also depends on if we add someone in FA.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed the 4th round is a good place to take a RB. Depending on how the board looks in the 2nd, might be able to trade back and pickup a 4th.
Otherwise, wouldn't be mad at RB in the 3rd. Also depends on if we add someone in FA.
The Cowboys need to add a RB in FA and the draft.

The FA needs to be on a reasonable deal and the RB should be in the 3rd/4th round range.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Look lower than 12.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to add a RB in FA and the draft.

The FA needs to be on a reasonable deal and the RB should be in the 3rd/4th round range.
I don't believe RB is that high on our priority list.

DT, LB, OC, CB are all higher on my list.

Their will most likely still be free agent RB's available after the draft just like last year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This^^^^ I wouldn't trust a 3rd or 5th-round rookie protecting Dak. Def sign free agent AND draft one
Yeah you nailed it there. Unless you're using the 1st rounder on a RB it's unlikely you'll get a ready to go 3 down runner who is also a great pass blocker. These 3rd round guys can often develop into that, and are typically still exceptional at one part of their game, but it's unrealistic to expect to plug and play them week 1.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah you nailed it there. Unless you're using the 1st rounder on a RB it's unlikely you'll get a ready to go 3 down runner who is also a great pass blocker. These 3rd round guys can often develop into that, and are typically still exceptional at one part of their game, but it's unrealistic to expect to plug and play them week 1.
:clap:I'm not sure I would even use a 3rd rounder. I would rather find a way to get my 4th rounder back to target one.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Give me JPJ, Antonio Gibson and Braelon Allen. POUND defenses.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Speaking towards the list, the guys 26 and under should interest a lot of teams. Cowboys should definitely sign one of these vets, and draft a runner in the 3rd to 4th round range. UDFAs and post draft veteran signings are welcomed too, stack the room.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Trey Benson
Audric Estime
Ray Davis
Marshawn Lloyd
Braelon Allen
Blake Corum
Kendall Milton
Jaylen Wright
:hammer:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

yuck...!!! only Barkley is worth it and he is injury prone. perhaps a performance based contract.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That’s not a terrible list and none of them ought to be particularly expensive.

Singletary or Moss along with a 2nd or 3rd rounder and Dowdle ought to make an above average back field….especially if they can upgrade center.

If that’s how they go with the draft, they MUST come out of FA with some better options at DT and LB.

Can’t go cheap everywhere and still expect to win Stevie.