Rapaport: Garrett back if team gets to NFCC

willia451

Reaction score
What about our GM? Hard to get excited about a new HC if he is retained.

stinkface

Reaction score
That would be horrible news. We need to move on from Garrett even if we win the superbowl. If we win, it will have been the oc and dc who made it happen. Garrett remains on the outside looking in.

I think IF we when the Super Bowl we trade Garret for a first round pick to any team who is asking and also give that team about 10 million dollars to take him off our hands.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
bringing garrett back ?

just when you thought garret was gone , Jerry pops up .:facepalm:

giphy.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
We all figured this. And don’t be surprised if it happens. Heck if he brings us a ring then I am ok with him staying. Our players will have to play above coaching.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Do people actually think Jerry Jones is leaking stuff like this to Rapoport?
I wouldn’t put anything past emotional Jerry. We could loss to Philly in a close game and Jerry could come out with tears in his eyes and say, “ my son in law JASON deserves at least 1 more year coaching MY team”

Mr_437

Reaction score
Everybody knew this during the spring, super late Rap.

Flamma

Reaction score
e all figured this. And don’t be surprised if it happens. Heck if he brings us a ring then I am ok with him staying. Our players will have to play above coaching.

I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be beyond stunned. I know this team has the talent, but still. Dallas would have to beat either 49ers or Seahawks, then win a game in either San Francisco or New Orleans. After all of these years I would think it more likely to see Jesus Christ walking down the street, twice.

Besides, the last time the Cowboys made it to the NFCCG while not being a 1 or 2 seed was way back in the 1980 season. So to say surprised would be a massive understatement.

Turtle0986

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said in training camp that Garrett "had to get the team over the hump" for a new contract.

Everybody took that to mean the Division Round since that is the round Garrett keeps losing in.

So if you put 2 & 2 together it doesn't take Einstein to figure out Garrett needs to get to the NFC Title game to keep his job.

Great scoop Ian:rolleyes:
I thought so, I know as fans we would love to see them make it to the title game but they haven't made it out of the divisional round so a change is needed after years of going nowhere the few times they made the playoffs.