Rapaport: Garrett back if team gets to NFCC

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

ghst187

Reaction score
Not sure whether we even make the playoffs but I am certain we aren’t getting to the NFCCG.

links18

Reaction score
Well, that won't happen. But if it does, it will be on the road and a loss. It xould have been at home with a win, with better coaching that got us a better record, but Jerry wont see it that way.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but limping into one conference championship game in a decade shouldn't be good enough for the Dallas Cowboys head coach. Maybe for some lesser franchises, but the Cowboys should be demanding the best instead of settling for OK and sometimes pretty good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That would be horrible news. We need to move on from Garrett even if we win the superbowl. If we win, it will have been the oc and dc who made it happen. Garrett remains on the outside looking in.
Man! Man! Get hold of yourself!
If JG wins the Super Bowl he should go? HCs are judged by wins, not assistants! Nice try, rogue!
That is not practical or ethical even in the NFL.
:facepalm:
Fly me to the white cliffs of dover!

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but limping into one conference championship game in a decade shouldn't be good enough for the Dallas Cowboys head coach. Maybe for some lesser franchises, but the Cowboys should be demanding the best instead of settling for OK and sometimes pretty good.
In our defence, we have been lulled.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maybe for some lesser franchises, but the Cowboys should be demanding the best instead of settling for OK
Garrett needs to be in one of those AT&T ads, like with Gordon Ramsay and the surgeon who just got reinstated...

Except with the Dallas Cowboys, "Just okay... is okay."

~ Garrett uses cocktail stick ~

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
Crap like this makes me hope we lose to philly.

THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF MUST GO

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course Garrett will be back if the Cowboys reach the NFCCG. Why wouldn't he be back, including MOST of his coaching staff. You don't fire a head coach for reaching the NFCCG, especially the way this season has played out and if the Cowboys beat the Eagles later today, secure the NFC East division title + host a playoff game in the first round and make it as far as the NFC Conference Championship game. Any owner who fired their head coach after leading their team that far, especially under the current circumstances, would not only be a moron but he would also cause so much turmoil within the team and coaching staff. Many fans might not like it, but that's why fans don't have a say as to how a team is run. If Garrett is able to lead the Cowboys to the NFCCG, he definitely deserves to stay. Bringing in a new head coach would only cause more harm among the players if the team makes it that far in the playoffs. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, these players are loyal to Garrett and have not given up on Garrett or his coaching staff.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well this is bittersweet.......kind of like pick your poison type of choice.

If I had to choose between getting to the nfccg this year and get stuck with Garrett another 5 years or fail this year and move on......I choose lose this year and move on...the future atleast has a chance..........we already know what Garrett can and cannot do.

Exactly...……..so if we somehow get to the NFC Title game and get stomped by the Saints 52-7...……..Garrett gets another 5 years?:huh:

I would just rather lose in the Wildcard round if I am being 100% honest.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The fact that Garrett even has a back door to 2020 is all the more ridiculous. If he makes the NFCCG and gets blown out by NO or GB you still fire him
Worry about your head coach. Better yet, fire him after my Cowboys beat the crap out of your eagles later today right as soon as the last second ticks off. Right on the field for all to see. Crappy birds.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Already thought he was gone unless they made it, tell me if I am wrong but didnt Jerry imply that earlier in the season? Either way I don't see them making the NFCCG

Stephen Jones said in training camp that Garrett "had to get the team over the hump" for a new contract.

Everybody took that to mean the Division Round since that is the round Garrett keeps losing in.

So if you put 2 & 2 together it doesn't take Einstein to figure out Garrett needs to get to the NFC Title game to keep his job.

Great scoop Ian:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For some strange reason, the last six (6) days have almost had the feeling of a Super Bowl week for Cowboys fans. That being said, I am getting REALLY scared that The Clapping Carrot has already lifted off his coffin lid and has already swung one leg out of it....due to ONE victory. What The Flip??? I am scared to death on what may happen should we win tomorrow, and God forbid win a WC game...bottom line, is be awfully careful what you wish for in cheering on "your boys" tomorrow. I am still nervous as hell about what a couple of meaningless wins could mean....especially if Jerrah senses that some of the blind sheep are starting to let up on The Clapping Carrot. Bottom line, is we need to lose tomorrow and remove ALL DOUBT in Jerrah's mind, because his actions can simply not be trusted. Going over to the dark side, and sacrificing one more season is not going to kill us...we ain't winning any Super Bowl this year....so smarten the hell up people!!!.

I cant cheer for the Eagles, just cant do it...………….but if we lose the game, I will have a smile on my face......cant lie, just keeping it real;)