Rapaport: Prescott still on track for large contract extension

JBS

Reaction score
How does it make sense to not extend MM but to extend Dak? Why is Dak more deserving than MM of a contract extension?

We are absolutely screwed. This is going to set this team back for a while

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the video, but do the Cowboys even have a choice since he is in his last year? It seems like most contracts are structured so the biggest hit is in the last year. So unless they just want to release or trade him, aren’t they forced to extend him no matter what?

Aven8

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the video, but do the Cowboys even have a choice since he is in his last year? It seems like most contracts are structured so the biggest hit is in the last year. So unless they just want to release or trade him, aren’t they forced to extend him no matter what?
If they want to be able to sign Lamb and any other FA’s, or field a team they have no choice.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
They would be better served having his agent explore a trade or designating him a post June 1 cut.

Carson

Reaction score
If they want to be competitive they absolutely have zero choice. If they want to tank a year they have options.

But read the writing on the wall. McCarthy is in his final year. They did not bring him back to tank this season