Rapaport: Prescott still on track for large contract extension

Tussinman

Reaction score
And in 5 years when this extension is over and Dak is 36 years old we will have to pay him 80+ mil or extend him until he decides to retire

That's how Dak's agent does contracts. That's how Jerry does contracts.

Kick the money down the road and make it impossible to move on from the guy.
Exactly. There's already 36 million in dead money on 2 void years + they want some of 2024s money to be pushed down on top of paying him 60 million a year.

It's gonna be like 80 million cap hit those last 2 years with probably a good 40 million on a void year or 2

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak deserves his money.
Based on what??? Being a good guy? Being a good team spokesman? Being the Man Of The Year? Being a "leader" in the locker room? No off the field issues? I get he can win a lot of regular season games. But he came up small against good teams again this year and his career playoff record sucks. His career has been long enough that we know what we are getting from Dak. He has started 114 games in 8 seasons. And no one believes he can win 3 games in a row in the playoffs to reach the super bowl. There is nothing wrong in thinking he deserves his money. But I don't get it. At all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on what??? Being a good guy? Being a good team spokesman? Being the Man Of The Year? Being a "leader" in the locker room? No off the field issues? I get he can win a lot of regular season games. But he came up small against good teams again this year and his career playoff record sucks. His career has been long enough that we know what we are getting from Dak. He has started 114 games in 8 seasons. And no one believes he can win 3 games in a row in the playoffs to reach the super bowl. There is nothing wrong in thinking he deserves his money. But I don't get it. At all.
I agree but unfortunately I do get it. Jethro is All In. It’s all about our owners comfortability. And he actually believes we are close with Dak.

It’s not normal situation here with our dysfunctional ownership . Anywhere else Dak future would probably be more at risk.

Last edited: