FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

superonyx

Reaction score
And if the Commanders hired him there are a bunch of posters here who would be talking about how Snyder schooled Jerry.

But, since the Boys hired him, he’s terrible.

There are homers and haters.

I try to not be either.
I doubt it.
The people who dislike this addition are disliking it because its a signal that Jerry is still running a dysfunctional org structure.
People wanted a strong leader of men who all these Hollywood Cowboys would come in and immediately respect.
The perception of McCarthy is that he is the dude that Aaron Rodgers bullied out of town. Not exactly instant fear or respect.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Love it! McCarthy is a WC guy. So get prepared for short and quicker passes, screens, passes to running backs, etc. I hated the Garrett offense with a passion. Air Coryell just needs to take out to pasture to die.

Lastly, McCarthy has a track record and experience. I'm sick and tired of these coaches and training who never do a damn thing for 10 years.

superonyx

Reaction score
From what I've read on Packer forum, their fans seem to be pretty high on McCarthy as a person and think he will improve the Cowboys as a coach. Somebody said we will be more organized and disciplined, but less creative on offense and more predictable. Sounds like running the ball and play action passes are his thing.
Not exactly. I heard today that his running attempts were near the bottom of the league almost every season but 1.
I have also heard the opposing defenses were calling out the Packers plays.

After everything I have heard or read about his offense it makes me want Kellen Moore to stick around a little more.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Love it! McCarthy is a WC guy. So get prepared for short and quicker passes, screens, passes to running backs, etc. I hated the Garrett offense with a passion. Air Coryell just needs to take out to pasture to die.

Lastly, McCarthy has a track record and experience. I'm sick and tired of these coaches and training who never do a damn thing for 10 years.

I'm really stoked about the backs in the passing game too.

superonyx

Reaction score
I have faith McCarthy will make somewhat better decisions and adjustments during games. I don't believe McCarthy is as thick-skulled as Garrett.
Jason Garrett had the play calling duties ripped away from him years ago. Jerry hired the OC's and gave them play calling duties.
I'm not a JG fan at all. But I am not going to blame him for crap he had no control over either.

Loso86

Reaction score
I think most of us expected an exciting hire like Meyer or Riley or somehow Payton. But this is a good hire the more I think about it. And let's not forget he DID help develop Aaron Roger's. I think this hire was more about Dak than anything

superonyx

Reaction score
I think Kellen Moore / McCarthy situation would be similar to Zimmer / Parcells situation when BP was hired. Parcells was asked to interview Zimmer by Jerry but wasn't required to keep him.
I think that's what's going to happen with Moore and the rest of the coaches on offense.
Yea just like Jerry and Stephen involving themselves in the coaches meetings and making "suggestions". Sure you don't have to listen to them..........but you do.