Twitter: Rapoport implying Dak may not play Sunday?

EJK24

Reaction score
Somehow reports of facts and opinions have become the same thing.

Dak has said he is playing, everything out of Dallas has been he is playing.

Philly Radio and Rapaport are mean nothing.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak needs to play so Garrett can't get the injury excuse from Jerry.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don’t think you guys realize the extent of this injury. He may not come back the same, especially if it turns out to be his rotator cuff. Did you guys see what happened to Cam Newton after his shoulder injury? Cam was always “questionable” and everyone said “he’s a warrior, he’ll play.” And he never played in the latter half of that season....Rapaport is usually right when it comes to stuff like this.

We’re playing with fire here.
:hammer: the same people who claim to worship the ground that Dakota walks on are more than happy to offer him up even though we are getting reports of this shoulder injury. Thank God, there are medical staff and coaches who have his safety and best interest at heart. This "warrior crap" being spewed here by some are by the same people who will be on the couch stuffing cheetos in their face while Dak has to deal with this injury.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

You are trying to be funny here, but that’s not the smart thing to do in this situation. You are not worried about Dak at all here? Ignoring all possible scenarios of what could be wrong with him? I’d show a bit more concern for my favorite player on the team, if I were you.

Flamma

Reaction score
I will say this, playing and playing effectively are two entirely different things. I mean the practice is one thing but NFL game-level is a different monster.

Agreed 100%. But regardless of whether or not he is playing effectively, he'll be playing better than the Cowboys backup. Cooper Rush is the reincarnation of Gary Hogeboom. He's simply not an option if you want the results to be a win.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Philly radio also said he was doubtful. They know more than they are letting on. This whole situation is fishy. I don’t know who to trust. Dak is questionable to play, but is likely a game time decision. It’d be stupid to tell the Eagles that Dak isn’t playing. They have to prepare for Dak and Cooper Rush now.
What's to prepare if Rush plays? Not a whole lot. We most likely will lose the game if that scenario plays out.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He’s playing. No matter what’s said about Dak. He’s a tough football Player. Just win baby. O

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol a sprained AC joint and a torn labrum are two completely different things, doc.

And Cam Newton, as great as a player as he once was, never came close to rivaling Dak's physical or mental toughness. When was the last time you saw Dak with a towel on his head, pouting on the sidelines and not communicating with team mates or coaching staff?
We dodged a bullet last week and didn’t even know it.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
What's to prepare if Rush plays? Not a whole lot. We most likely will lose the game if that scenario plays out.

Trust me, you still have to prepare. Look at Kyle Allen for the Panthers. He won so many games earlier in the season that many thought he should replace Cam when he got back. The only reason he was doing “well” was because they had no tape on him, meaning they don’t know his tangibles and ways of playing. Once teams figured that out, he has now lost 5 games in a row. No one knows Cooper Rush’s game style. He’s different than Dak, so the game plan would have to be different than if we were playing with Dak. How does he throw? Does he scramble? Is he a risk taker? How often does he roll out? Stuff like that and more.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You are trying to be funny here, but that’s not the smart thing to do in this situation. You are not worried about Dak at all here? Ignoring all possible scenarios of what could be wrong with him? I’d show a bit more concern for my favorite player on the team, if I were you.

No. You’re trying to equate Dak’s situation to Cam Newton having a torn rotator cuff.

the cowboys doctors did an MRI. If there was structural damage, they would have seen it.

there has been zero indication or evidence that Dak has structural damage on that level. You’re just being dramatic.

I’m not arguing that his shoulder isn’t injured. But trying to paint his injury as some long term career threatening thing? You have zero evidence of that and it’s just over the top drama.

Even now saying “possible scenarios”. The cowboys doctors did the testing. They examined him. They know the scenario. Not “possible scenarios” that you just made up.

starfan1

Reaction score
. Thank God, there are medical staff and coaches who have his safety and best interest at heart. This "warrior crap" being spewed here by some are by the same people who will be on the couch stuffing cheetos in their face while Dak has to deal with this injury.

That's rich if you think the coaching staff if so overly concerned here.Come gametime they will want the best 22 on the field. All reports are that yes there's an injury but they believe hell be ok. The coaching staff will be more than fine with giving him a shot and sending him trotting out there to screw up the coin toss and play.

I don't mean to sound like the staff don't care about the athletes but lets be real here there is example after example of staff running out the starter even if there are ? marks. Especially if there are more ? marks with the guy waiting in the wings

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why should he be concerned? Dak has said himself he is playing. Thats 1. 2. Cooper rush came out and said he had the same injury in college and played. You are hoping for an injury here because you love the drama. Its becoming apparent now.

aria

Reaction score
Good thing the Eagles secondary is trash. Dee Wayne Haskins just lit them up, as did a washed up Eli and Fitzmagic came back and beat them with his second or third highest passer rating of the season.

Not worried in the slightest if Dak can’t go or isn’t a 100%. They’re still missing literally half their starters and have practice squad guys starting at receiver.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Why should he be concerned? Dak has said himself he is playing. Thats 1. 2. Cooper rush came out and said he had the same injury in college and played. You are hoping for an injury here because you love the drama. Its becoming apparent now.

I’m not hoping for a damn injury. Now that’s drama. Who in the hell hopes for an injury? I guess mattjames and shabazz are hoping for an injury as well? Just because we aren’t buying this scenario as the ONLY scenario, doesn’t mean we’re hoping for injury. I’m speculating. I’m sure he’s fine, I’m just saying.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Philly radio also said he was doubtful. They know more than they are letting on. This whole situation is fishy. I don’t know who to trust. Dak is questionable to play, but is likely a game time decision. It’d be stupid to tell the Eagles that Dak isn’t playing. They have to prepare for Dak and Cooper Rush now.

Do you really need to prepare for Cooper Rush?

conner01

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes
Then I fire Garrett for never getting a better backup QB
Something I really hope we address this off season

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No. You’re trying to equate Dak’s situation to Cam Newton having a torn rotator cuff.

the cowboys doctors did an MRI. If there was structural damage, they would have seen it.

there has been zero indication or evidence that Dak has structural damage on that level. You’re just being dramatic.

I’m not arguing that his shoulder isn’t injured. But trying to paint his injury as some long term career threatening thing? You have zero evidence of that and it’s just over the top drama.

Even now saying “possible scenarios”. The cowboys doctors did the testing. They examined him. They know the scenario. Not “possible scenarios” that you just made up.

“Possible scenarios” was not made up. Blame Rapaport, Philly news, and Dr. Chao for bringing those up about him being listed as doubtful and having a possible rotator cuff injury. I’m just putting it out there that it’s a possibility. Rather you like it or not, it is. A very small possibility, yes, but still a possibility. I never said it was career threatening now did I? I said HE MAY NOT COME BACK THE SAME. I compared him to Newton. Never once did I say career threatening. That’s stupid.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes

This is incredibly stupid and ridiculous, so completely possible with Jerry....

HungryLion

Reaction score
“Possible scenarios” was not made up. Blame Rapaport, Philly news, and Dr. Chao for bringing those up about him being listed as doubtful and having a possible rotator cuff injury. I’m just putting it out there that it’s a possibility. Rather you like it or not, it is. A very small possibility, yes, but still a possibility. I never said it was career threatening now did I? I said HE MAY NOT COME BACK THE SAME. I compared him to Newton. Never once did I say career threatening. That’s stupid.

An MRI would show a torn rotator cuff.

has rapoport seen the MRI? Has Chao? Have eagles talk radio?

no. It’s just dumb stupid speculation.

meanwhile Dak himself has said he had THE EXACT SAME INJURY in college and played through it.

and you’re comparing him to Cam and saying “he may not come back the same”. It’s drama queen nonsense.

Dak may not be able to play well with the injury. But any concerns about how long term health or anything like that is ridiculous.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
sometimes Dak puts too much on throws, maybe this will make him MORE accurate??

idk, it's early.. my brain isn't quite awake yet