Twitter: Rapoport implying Dak may not play Sunday?

DFWJC

Reaction score
The OP title does not at all reflect what I got from the video.
Unless he has a setback, it sounds like he is playing for sure.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not to sound arrogant, but I'm confident we can still beat the Eagles w/o. Other guys just have to take it up a notch or two.

Cooper Rush in his first ever start in a road game in Philly?

Yeah, you are being a bit arrogant. If Dak can't go, this will be a tough game to win IMO.

Sydla

Reaction score
I watched the video.

Nowhere did I get the impression that Rapaport was implying Dak might not play. He seems to be saying Dak will play but how effective he might be is the real question.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Implications, speculations etc etc ..its exactly what the DC FO wants..

the eagles wont know who the QB will be Sunday..

However doesnt change much as its outdoors in the cold on the road and Zeke and Pollard will be the focus..I mean how much can Dak actually throw anyway? he will be sore from all the handoffs and toss's , if that gets shut down I imagine it will be safe throws that Rush could make...so..meh

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everyone is making it seem that way. Doubtful? Rapaport implying he might not play? Dr. Chao saying his injury may be different than what is being reported? Way too many questions here. When speculation like that rises, there are many scenarios that can take place.
I can understand you thinking that way after us having to deal with the Romo injuries. He hurts his back and ready to go back in the game and all the sudden it’s worse than what they thought and he is out for the season. I don’t think this is a case like that one. He will throw today and see if it loosens up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I watched the video.

Nowhere did I get the impression that Rapaport was implying Dak might not play. He seems to be saying Dak will play but how effective he might be is the real question.
I think it’s gonna be shorter passes in the cold weather anyways. If he gets some deep shots early then take them. Other wise don’t turn it over and move the ball.

MaaS

Reaction score
Philly radio also said he was doubtful. They know more than they are letting on. This whole situation is fishy. I don’t know who to trust. Dak is questionable to play, but is likely a game time decision. It’d be stupid to tell the Eagles that Dak isn’t playing. They have to prepare for Dak and Cooper Rush now.

Prepare for Cooper Rush?

:laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think you guys realize the extent of this injury. He may not come back the same, especially if it turns out to be his rotator cuff. Did you guys see what happened to Cam Newton after his shoulder injury? Cam was always “questionable” and everyone said “he’s a warrior, he’ll play.” And he never played in the latter half of that season....Rapaport is usually right when it comes to stuff like this.

We’re playing with fire here.
I don't think you realize the extent of the injury either. The fact you included the words "if it turns out to be his rotator cuff" confirms that. The reality is none of us know, so why even try to speculate on long term effects?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I don't think you realize the extent of the injury either. The fact you included the words "if it turns out to be his rotator cuff" confirms that. The reality is none of us know, so why even try to speculate on long term effects?

I’m aware of that. No one is aware of it but the doctors and Dak himself. Like I said, it was speculation and putting out outside “sources”.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He'll play. But if he doesn't, we'll still beat the Eagles with Cooper Rush.

There, I said it.

You have to build the game plan around Rush, but I think it's the same game plan as Dak Prescott with a bum shoulder. Short passes, screens, lots of Zeke and Pollard, maybe a few bombs to open up the secondary. NO TURNOVERS, obviously that's the most important thing, so no plays that could result in turnovers. When Rush drops back to pass, max protect.

What a great Xmas gift that would be - beating the Eagles with Cooper Rush.

NorTex

Reaction score
Hilarious! Dak played with 2 injuries last week and has now had time for them both to improve...he's going to be fine...at least as good as last week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s playing. And he’ll play efficiently. This may limit the playbook a bit, but it probably won’t even do that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll play. But if he doesn't, we'll still beat the Eagles with Cooper Rush.

I don't know if we could be them with Rush or not, but it would be exciting to find out. Rush is bound to get his real game test at some point, and it would be interesting to see how he would respond.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They'll shoot him up with pain killer in his shoulder and he will play his best game but he'll have to sit out of the Commanders game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't see where Rap implied what the title suggests, at all. Quite the opposite in fact.

johnmeuir

Reaction score
This is Garrett taking his coaching up a notch, trying to make the Eagles guess who the QB will be. o_O

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes
I just lost my breakfast. Ohh ggggaaaaawwwwdddd i can’t stop throwing up.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Rappaport is on crack....... Dak already said he'll play.

Click bait

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see where Rap implied what the title suggests, at all. Quite the opposite in fact.
That's pretty common with headlines like this. Fans often don't realize because they don't bother with the content and judge solely on the headline designed to catch their eye.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If his shoulder was spaghetti, how did he throw that pass to Austin for the long TD?

I'm sure he's hurting, but he'll be fine. He doesn't have to be Dan Marino in his prime to beat the sorry Eagles anyway.