Twitter: Rapoport: Kellen Moore is expected to speak with the Chargers for their OC opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevm3

Reaction score
Hint: he was.
We went from one of the top offenses in the league to one of the worst when he went out a couple of years. Our offense went from averaging around 20 pts a game with Cooper Rush to 30 when he came back.

The reality is Kellen Moore is too young. He needs more experience, but he's another coach that was on the Garrett fast track and instead of learning in a lower-pressure environment, he's left to experiment in game and doesn't know how to react when defenses tighten up in the playoffs.

Dak didn't play at all, but let's not act like the whole offense except the O-line and CeeDee did anything. Once Pollard went out, our offense completely disappeared. Gallup, Noah Brown or any of those guys didn't do much. We couldn't trust Maher until the second half of the game. We kick that field goal, one of those Dak interceptions never happen.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Word on the street, when Staley’s job was up in the air, Sean Peyton was after the SD job because of Herbert (didn’t want a situation where he has no QB). But Staley, who was supposedly on the hot seat, made the playoffs, but Joe Lombardi has been getting slammed for his awful play calling. Honestly, the Lombardi with Herbert is similar to Garrett with Romo here, both OC getting carried by QBs masking their warts, but Herbert by far has way more promise that Romo ever did.

With 1 more year left on Staley’s contract, after the choke job in the play-offs and no adjustments by Lombardi (year long trend) it made sense for Staley to fire Lombardi.

So after they made the playoffs I was disappointed, because that meant Staley and Lombardi would return and Payton wouldn’t be there HC, but now that they fired the OC, it’s a huge positive for both the Chargers and Moore. You could only go up after Lombardi.

Moore, he he gets the job, has a QB now that can fit through his reads. If you ever watch Herbert, guys like Chris Collinsworh are always pointing out with awe how he goes fluidly through his progressions.

You know the interesting thing is the Chargers asked LAST WEEK for permission to interview him. So the only delay was the Panthers HC job. Moore also interviewed with Miami and Boise State the last couple of years, so it’s obvious he wasn’t set on staying in Dallas anyways. Jerry offered him a pay raise to stay a couple years back, most probably to continue the continuity.

Now MM is supposedly calling plays, but they aren’t changing the offense. It’s going to be interesting in SD and Dallas.
Thanks for the recap of the season . . . I did not follow them closely but I was wondering what the drop off was.

Like I said I read your comment about San Diego a few weeks ago and it stuck with me and Now Moore in all likely hood will be going there . . . Wow . . . Moore is really blessed if this plays out. . . This may be the beginning of Multiple MVPs for Herbert. Good for Him

By this time next year, these poor Dak Fans are gonna have a nervous break down when reality finally smacks them in the face. . . Their last bastion of denial "It's Kellen's Fault because He Could Not Put Dak In A Position to Utilize His Strengths and that His Offense Is Boring Because That's What Kellen Is" will be shattered . . .

It is gonna be fun to watch your Commentary . . . You should do a weekly Comparison / Update Report Every Week (like The Gorico Guarantee)

That would be great I really enjoy reading your breakdowns and would be looking forward to it

As far as MM taking Control. If true would be a huge sign of things to come . . . It is still early and anything can change . . . But if MM goes into the season as the signal caller then I believe that is a shot fired at Dak.

This is Mike's last shot and He is going out doing it "His Way" . . . No one any longer can defend the "Dak Fiasco" . . . Thus he is fully exposed . . . I do not even believe Jerry is in his corner at this point it is only Jerry swallowing His Pride . . . And Allowing Dak to Sink or Swim in an open competition. . .

Jerry has egg on His face already he can no longer compound the Problem . . . This year there will be someone here to compete (won't take much to beat out Dak and there ate allot of QBs on the carousel this year). . . Big Mike will shoulder making the tough decision (He is a lame duck any way)

Micah loves Quinn and He is coming back and Micah lost His Faith in His QB . . . Dak is stuck to the bottom of our shoes but He can still be relegated to the end if the Bench (where He can watch and learn how to "Work on Things" and improve and get better)

Big Mike is a Beast . . . Did you see Him Rocking that chain

The face of this franchise is #11 and #11 gets what #11 wants Jerry said so at the Press Conference to announce the generational Talent . . . When Micah held court and Jerry was left speechless . . . Jerry love Him Some Micah . . . and this year Dak gets kicked to the curb

(Best case scenario the locker room that Dak lost shuns him and he balls up in the fetal position and cries to get out of here . . . Hopefully Cowboys release Zeke. . . . Dak would be an outcast)

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s a done deal.

Look what we have here…. It was Moore that wanted out…. Got himself a REAL QB..

That being said, he can’t make a lateral move, so this had to be mutual. I think Jerry and Moore had a mutual understanding after the first pay raise.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Herbert is an OC's dream. Smart and absolutely physically unlimited. You can call anything and trust him to execute it.
And they have been slowly building the Offense around him . . . Match made in Heaven for the Boy Genius . . . Good for them if it happens

NotForLong

Reaction score
Look what we have here…. It was Moore that wanted out…. Got himself a REAL QB..

That being said, he can’t make a lateral move, so this had to be mutual. I think Jerry and Moore had a mutual understanding after the first pay raise.
That's why as much as Jerry frustrates me. He can still be a stand up guy . . . He really did Kellen a favor . . . This will cement His legacy

You don't want to go out like other Cowboy Greats that had their reputations and memories tarnished at the Alter of "The Dak"

blueblood70

Reaction score
good for him , go to the AFC and i wish him luck.. he wasn't terrible OC but both sides needed a change,. It was time.

no hard feeling or trash talk is necessary,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Herbert is an OC's dream. Smart and absolutely physically unlimited. You can call anything and trust him to execute it.
yet his 3 years have been uneventful for such a great elite never seen before talent LMAO.,. oh wait here comes the team and coaches' excuses DAK doesn't get , correct??? if its about the payoffs Daks got him beat , first 3 season daks got 2 playoff appearances a Rookie of the year award and a playoff win with bad coaches, correct? Garett? Daks been to the playoffs 4 of his 6 healthy years...

Status
Not open for further replies.