Twitter: Rapoport: Kellen Moore is expected to speak with the Chargers for their OC opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

75boyz

Reaction score
Would be hilarious if Moore got the Chargers OC job and blew up with Herbert.
Then to watch McCheese "try" and teach Dak in a mentor/QB whisperer role here to a tune of epic failure...
LOL

Just to read the posts here will be entertainment at its finest!

Season can't get here soon enough.
I love some good comedy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Between staley and moore. Oooopppphhhh. Not feelin too confident about the chargers

Zman5

Reaction score
Chargers will do well during the regular season and Cowboys fans will rue letting Moore go and blame Dak, Jerry, and MM. Until Moore's offense gets chocked out in the playoffs again.

vlad

Reaction score
Well moving from Dallas to Los Angeles would be a nice upgrade for weather and nature for Kellen I’ll give him that

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh damn.. I’ve been out of the loop!

They actually fired Lombardi, arguably the worst OC in the league? And now Moore possibly has the chance to work with Herbert and not Dak???

Moore must be licking his chops and told Jerry to let him go, because there is an opening with a real QB..

khiladi

Reaction score
I see all this drooling over Herbert but maybe I missed something..... What has he done in this league, won anything like a playoff game or anything?

I thought folks here wanted wins and playoff runs
Herbert just finished year 3 and had the offense completely changed on him with one of the worst OC in the league and injuries at every position and was still setting records..

Anybody that thinks Herbert is a flash in the pan knows Jack squat about QB play and is no longer credible period..

khiladi

Reaction score
Difference is he’s going from Dak to Herbert and Herbert is twice the talent of Dak with the ability to improvise outside the system.

Big W for Moore if he goes there.
Herbert is 1000 times the QB that Dak is. Please don’t ever mention them together again in the same sentence.

Herbert had the potential to go down as one of the all time greats.

khiladi

Reaction score
Put it this way, if Herbert was on the Cowboys, not a single one of these Dak zealots would even dare claim Mr. Chunky was even be worth the jock strap of Herbert.

DL_WK15_1.gif

lostar2009

Reaction score
This may be a better fit for Moore. Justin is more of pure passer. But his schemes and concepts need refinement.

khiladi

Reaction score
Put it this way.. Herbert has the processing speed of Drew Brees, but he’s 6’ 7”…. He doesn’t just have a rocket arm, he goes through his progressions and makes Dak look like a turtle rolling out..

Joe Lombardi was awful as an OC.. Moore runs light years around him.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Would be hilarious if Moore got the Chargers OC job and blew up with Herbert.
Then to watch McCheese "try" and teach Dak in a mentor/QB whisperer role here to a tune of epic failure...
LOL

Just to read the posts here will be entertainment at its finest!

Season can't get here soon enough.
I love some good comedy.
Pretty much . . .

NotForLong

Reaction score
Put it this way.. Herbert has the processing speed of Drew Brees, but he’s 6’ 7”…. He doesn’t just have a rocket arm, he goes through his progressions and makes Dak look like a turtle rolling out..

Joe Lombardi was awful as an OC.. Moore runs light years around him.
Didn't you say you were curious to see this scenario play out a couple weeks back. . . . to prove just how good Kellen could be

NotForLong

Reaction score
Oh damn.. I’ve been out of the loop!

They actually fired Lombardi, arguably the worst OC in the league? And now Moore possibly has the chance to work with Herbert and not Dak???

Moore must be licking his chops and told Jerry to let him go, because there is an opening with a real QB..
Jerry did him a solid

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn't you say you were curious to see this scenario play out a couple weeks back. . . . to prove just how good Kellen could be
Word on the street, when Staley’s job was up in the air, Sean Peyton was after the SD job because of Herbert (didn’t want a situation where he has no QB). But Staley, who was supposedly on the hot seat, made the playoffs, but Joe Lombardi has been getting slammed for his awful play calling. Honestly, the Lombardi with Herbert is similar to Garrett with Romo here, both OC getting carried by QBs masking their warts, but Herbert by far has way more promise that Romo ever did.

With 1 more year left on Staley’s contract, after the choke job in the play-offs and no adjustments by Lombardi (year long trend) it made sense for Staley to fire Lombardi.

So after they made the playoffs I was disappointed, because that meant Staley and Lombardi would return and Payton wouldn’t be there HC, but now that they fired the OC, it’s a huge positive for both the Chargers and Moore. You could only go up after Lombardi.

Moore, he he gets the job, has a QB now that can fit through his reads. If you ever watch Herbert, guys like Chris Collinsworh are always pointing out with awe how he goes fluidly through his progressions.

You know the interesting thing is the Chargers asked LAST WEEK for permission to interview him. So the only delay was the Panthers HC job. Moore also interviewed with Miami and Boise State the last couple of years, so it’s obvious he wasn’t set on staying in Dallas anyways. Jerry offered him a pay raise to stay a couple years back, most probably to continue the continuity.

Now MM is supposedly calling plays, but they aren’t changing the offense. It’s going to be interesting in SD and Dallas.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Word on the street, when Staley’s job was up in the air, Sean Peyton was after the SD job because of Herbert (didn’t want a situation where he has no QB). But Staley, who was supposedly on the hot seat, made the playoffs, but Joe Lombardi has been getting slammed for his awful play calling. Honestly, the Lombardi with Herbert is similar to Garrett with Romo here, both OC getting carried by QBs masking their warts, but Herbert by far has way more promise that Romo ever did.

With 1 more year left on Staley’s contract, after the choke job in the play-offs and no adjustments by Lombardi (year long trend) it made sense for Staley to fire Lombardi.

So after they made the playoffs I was disappointed, because that meant Staley and Lombardi would return and Payton wouldn’t be there HC, but now that they fired the OC, it’s a huge positive for both the Chargers and Moore. You could only go up after Lombardi.

Moore has a QB now that can fit through his reads. If you ever watch Herbert, guys like Chris Collinsworh are always pointing out with awe how he goes fluidly through his progressions.
Herbert is absolutely a great QB. It’s a better situation for moore

Status
Not open for further replies.