Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

bigE79

Reaction score
I still don't understand why we are not playing Evans more, He's supposed to be a run stoping force,yet Clark is out there consistently being a non factor to the point you hardly notice him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was a cap casualty. Had an all pro season lol. You guys try to justify everything eh?
All I did was ask a question. I honestly didn’t know.

He wanted to be a Seahawk went to a rival to spite them and came back home. Can’t cry about someone who didn’t want to be here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I still don't understand why we are not playing Evans more, He's supposed to be a run stoping force,yet Clark is out there consistently being a non factor to the point you hardly notice him.
Hmm. Thought Clark the last few weeks has been playing good ball.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted to share a bit of news from a PFF segment on Sirius/XM NFL radio this morning.

The hosts asked what the numbers showed about Leonard and the PFF guy tactfully confirmed that he’s not the same guy. He said maybe he recovers, but sometimes players don’t.

But it was notable that his numbers confirmed what many fans were saying. He’s not the guy from a few years back.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not signing Shaq Leonard does not prove this unless he's a ALL Pro then yeah I'll eat the crow on that one.
This is tremendously hyperbolic. He in no way needs to be all pro to make an impact. He is getting paid 4th string LB money and cost 0 draft picks. If he can make 2-3 plays over the course of December/January that impact outcomes then it was a home run pickup (even if he’s below average the rest of the time).

You mentioned earlier that Byard hasn’t been good for Philly. He only cost a 5th round pick and Tennessee covered his salary. He only needs to be better than the other guys we would have trotted out. The play where he baited Mahomes into a pick was necessary to win that Chiefs game. That alone made up for the fifth rounder.

Leonard cost nothing. Anything more than 0 out of him is a worthwhile investment.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is tremendously hyperbolic. He in no way needs to be all pro to make an impact. He is getting paid 4th string LB money and cost 0 draft picks. If he can make 2-3 plays over the course of December/January that impact outcomes then it was a home run pickup (even if he’s below average the rest of the time).

You mentioned earlier that Byard hasn’t been good for Philly. He only cost a 5th round pick and Tennessee covered his salary. He only needs to be better than the other guys we would have trotted out. The play where he baited Mahomes into a pick was necessary to win that Chiefs game. That alone made up for the fifth rounder.

Leonard cost nothing. Anything more than 0 out of him is a worthwhile investment.
while this is true there is a counterbalance to "Making 2-3 plays" he could have 2-3 plays that cost the team..again I just dont see him being that guy that changes a team right now..sure things could happen and in no way was this a "Bad" pickup, I'm not sold its gonna move the needle for either team...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
while this is true there is a counterbalance to "Making 2-3 plays" he could have 2-3 plays that cost the team..again I just dont see him being that guy that changes a team right now..sure things could happen and in no way was this a "Bad" pickup, I'm not sold its gonna move the needle for either team...
My opinion on it is that it’s not particularly relevant what happens this year (unless he is actually good), but if he continues to rehabilitate a bit in the offseason and then comes back and plays like an average LB next TC, he could be a starter in Philly for 4-5 years. It’s a great gamble to make. Worst case scenario he doesn’t play and it cost us nothing

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My opinion on it is that it’s not particularly relevant what happens this year (unless he is actually good), but if he continues to rehabilitate a bit in the offseason and then comes back and plays like an average LB next TC, he could be a starter in Philly for 4-5 years. It’s a great gamble to make. Worst case scenario he doesn’t play and it cost us nothing
yeah thats how i see it... youll have fans that go nuts over the first bad play by the current LB's wondering why the "All Pro" isnt playing..it should be entertaining at least..

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our bum gms couldnt close the deal bottom line
That’s silly man. Shaq is a grown man with his own ambitions and wants. Doesn’t matter what Stephen and Jerry offered if Shaq wanted to play at Philly that’s what he wanted. Can’t force the man to pick us