Twitter: Rapoport suggests Cowboys interest in Rhule

conner01

Reaction score
Followed by Meyer? Meyer is better than Rhule in every metric.
I like the nfl experience
To me that’s important and I think he is more of a long term answer
Both are great candidates but that experience is there difference to me

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If Jerry wants Rhule, he can outbid anyone. Staying in Texas may be appealing to Rhule. It's all about conditions of employment.

Reaction score
If Jerry wants Rhule, he can outbid anyone. Staying in Texas may be appealing to Rhule. It's all about conditions of employment.
Jerry may want Rhule, but does Rhule want Jerry?

Coaches with leverage (Rhule, Riley, Meyer, Rivera) will want some power to go along with the title. How much power is Jerry ready to give to him? That is really the question.

I hear Jerry wants to make a splash hire. To do that, he has to relinquish some say in coaching hires and players.

And from what I have heard so far, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong

aria

Reaction score
He's getting a job somewhere this year. My bet is still on NYG.
I read a rumor that he wants full control a la Belichick style and wants nothing to do with their current GM who is allegedly safe. Just rumor though.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry may want Rhule, but does Rhule want Jerry?

Coaches with leverage (Rhule, Riley, Meyer, Rivera) will want some power to go along with the title. How much power is Jerry ready to give to him? That is really the question.

I hear Jerry wants to make a splash hire. To do that, he has to relinquish some say in coaching hires and players.

And from what I have heard so far, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong
...hence,"It's all about conditions of employment".

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I can’t imagine getting Rhule. This situation isn’t the one for him. He would want more control than Jerruh is willing to give. Remember Rhule couldve been with the Jets last offense. The job was his to take but The Jets wanted to control Rhule and wouldn't let him build his own coaching staff. They tried to force an offensivecoordinator on him, and Rhule wasn't having it so he told them to kick rocks

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I'm telling you, Jerry was amazed after meeting with Rhule when Baylor played Oklahoma at AT&t stadium. He's an old-school guy, tough-as-nails, played at my alma mater Penn State. Turn the temple program around, as well as Baylor.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I'm telling you, Jerry was amazed after meeting with Rhule when Baylor played Oklahoma at AT&t stadium. He's an old-school guy, tough-as-nails, played at my alma mater Penn State. Turn the temple program around, as well as Baylor.
I don’t want old-school. I want new and innovative!!! Garrett was the epitome of old school. Old school=Stubborn and repetitive

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Rhule has quickly moved to the top of my list. But isn’t he from NY? And having coached there before that may be where he wants to live.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I put this here because I think it's relevant to know the word on the street league wide in regards to the coaching carousel....

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Why?.....He couldn't beat OU.

He came awfully close, once, with a roster he had only 1-2 seasons to turn around.

When I say old school, I mean in terms of a disciplinarian. He is firm, yet gets the most out of his players.

I'd be happy with either Urbs or Rhule. But most pundits will tell you that Rhule's coaching style and philosophy would translate better in the NFL.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Plus I think Rhule would try to pry Brent Venables, current Clemson DC, as his DC. Which would be a smart move IMO.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
It is only 100 miles from Waco to Arlington.

He may well come walking. We can wait. We have already been waiting for 10 years!