Rapoport Update On Dak’s Rehab

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice update on the rehab.

“The star quarterback has been attacking rehab to ensure that future is bright. And he's making great progress.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Prescott is walking, working on an anti-gravity treadmill and in a HydroWorx pool, which takes pressure off his ankle but allows him to get in shape.

"Based on the work he's put in, what they think, he's going to come back better than ever," Rapoport said Saturday on NFL GameDay Morning.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb...rogress-with-ankle-rehab?campaign=Twitter_atn
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb...rogress-with-ankle-rehab?campaign=Twitter_atn
Great news!
Thanks for posting

EGTuna

Reaction score
I wish they called it a “weight bearing treadmill” instead of an “anti gravity treadmill.” The treadmill doesn’t disrupt the earth’s gravitational pull; it takes on varying levels of the runner’s body weight. HUGE difference.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great. Now lets him get him that 40M he needs to feel respected and start looking for warm bodies to fill all the holes on defense.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Good. Too bad his career is getting ready to get wasted like Romo’s because of bad defenses, bad coaching, and most of all, our terrible, horrible, no good, very bad GM, Jerry.
If you really feel that to the core, why aggravate yourself? Life is too short.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is where I am truly grateful Dak made 31.4M last year.

He has the money to have professionals around 24x7 to push his rehab forward in the best possible way.
He's not relying on 2 times a week trips to a facility.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't ready to go by OTAs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
they wouldn’t have to do this if they hired coaches and coordinators that don’t suck arse. Imagine if we had McVay, Reich, Reid, or Lafleur. Bad coaching has plagued this team since 1995.

The day I heard Barry Switzer was replacing Jimmy my opinion of Jerry began to change. It was an absurd hire. No other NFL team would've ever hired him.

That Switzer has a SB ring is a testament to how good the Cowboys were then. A quarter of a century later it is obvious who was the architect of that team, and it wasn't Jerry.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is where I am truly grateful Dak made 31.4M last year.

He has the money to have professionals around 24x7 to push his rehab forward in the best possible way.
He's not relying on 2 times a week trips to a facility.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't ready to go by OTAs.
Geez, when that injury happened, it looked awful. Although I have no medical training what-so-ever, it will surprise me if he's 100% by OTA's. I sure hope I'm surprised!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Geez, when that injury happened, it looked awful. Although I have no medical training what-so-ever, it will surprise me if he's 100% by OTA's. I sure hope I'm surprised!
A couple things.
1. I def do not mean ready to take hits! I mean ready to throw passes versus air. I seriously doubt he takes a single nudge until the final pre-season game and that might be a single Live series.
2. He's already putting some weight on it although it is water assisted carrying of that weight.

Dak is a hard charger and that helps in rehab.
When he hobbled his way into the Stadium to see his old Miss St head coach Mullen I was pretty confident he'd be back sooner rather than later.

OTA's can't begin until April 19th at the earliest so we have 3 months.
But yea that might be tight.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wish they called it a “weight bearing treadmill” instead of an “anti gravity treadmill.” The treadmill doesn’t disrupt the earth’s gravitational pull; it takes on varying levels of the runner’s body weight. HUGE difference.

Marketing is a be-otch thou......