Video: Rapoport w Shan & RJ: Cowboys had Parsons above CBs

BermyStar

Reaction score

Ian even went on to say Dallas would have traded back if Micah was gone but one of the CBs were available. Interesting....

I like it myself just because if true it means the team was really sold on dude and didn't just settle. I also really like Parsons and think we did well to get Joseph in the 2nd.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s why I don’t believe the **** they tell us. Jerry is still a salesman.
It’s possible that Parsons was rated higher then the corners on the Cowboys board but if Surtain/Horne were at 10 they would have been the pick. I also believe the Cowboys would have drafted Zaven Collins if the corners and Parsons were picked before 12. I am stunned the Giants passed on Parsons.

Jipper

Reaction score
They still took a gamble to trade back behind the Giants. Someone could have traded up to take Parsons.

yeah they could have, but a gamble is worth it in certain situations....they were able to grab an extra 3rd that they coveted to fill out the defense plus their guy ultimatly. The risk was probably that they dropped back, then traded back again...the whole draft is a gamble if you think about it....they made a smart move

DanA

Reaction score
They still took a gamble to trade back behind the Giants. Someone could have traded up to take Parsons.

Not really, we had fielded a call from the Eagles for what we must have been pretty sure was a WR and we also had a very enticing trade deal on the table for a QB from Chicago.

We would have known there was a high chance the Giants would get an enticing deal from Chicago that they’d take unless they loved a guy.

The risk was low IMO and well worth it considering the alternative was probably the trade the Giants made.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not really, we had fielded a call from the Eagles for what we must have been pretty sure was a WR and we also had a very enticing trade deal on the table for a QB from Chicago.

We would have known there was a high chance the Giants would get an enticing deal from Chicago that they’d take unless they loved a guy.

The risk was low IMO and well worth it considering the alternative was probably the trade the Giants made.
The deal from Chicago wasn’t what NYG got offered. It’s already come out.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It’s possible that Parsons was rated higher then the corners on the Cowboys board but if Surtain/Horne were at 10 they would have been the pick. I also believe the Cowboys would have drafted Zaven Collins if the corners and Parsons were picked before 12. I am stunned the Giants passed on Parsons.
For 2 first and 2 fourths I’m not

ghst187

Reaction score
I think overall Parsons would be rated higher than both CBs but i would’ve taken Surtain if possible just because of the price of a top tier CB is much higher than a LB.
however, it went how it went and if we use Parsons properly and rush him occasionally from the end, he could end up to be quite an impactful pick.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I was worried NYG was trading out for someone to take Parsons tbh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Ian even went on to say Dallas would have traded back if Micah was gone but one of the CBs were available. Interesting....

I like it myself just because if true it means the team was really sold on dude and didn't just settle. I also really like Parsons and think we did well to get Joseph in the 2nd.

I agree. Parsons had to be rated above Horn and Surtain for the mere fact Sean Lee had just retired, thus leaving a huge hole right in the middle of our Defense and at the "leader" position of this Defense.

The gamble to trade down 2 spots with our division rival (Eagles) WHILE PICKING UP AN EXTRA 3RD ROUNDER worked out for the Cowboys, so us fans should be proud it did.

We see the results. Great gamble and win by the Cowboys front office.

BermyStar

Reaction score
yeah they could have, but a gamble is worth it in certain situations....they were able to grab an extra 3rd that they coveted to fill out the defense plus their guy ultimatly. The risk was probably that they dropped back, then traded back again...the whole draft is a gamble if you think about it....they made a smart move
I was okay with the gamble myself because I thought Slater or Parsons would be a great pick and one had to be there.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I think overall Parsons would be rated higher than both CBs but i would’ve taken Surtain if possible just because of the price of a top tier CB is much higher than a LB.
however, it went how it went and if we use Parsons properly and rush him occasionally from the end, he could end up to be quite an impactful pick.
BB was on saying that he witnessed Parsons playing that very role a lot on day 2 my friend...got me all excited lol!!!

BermyStar

Reaction score
I agree. Parsons had to be rated above Horn and Surtain for the mere fact Sean Lee had just retired, thus leaving a huge hole right in the middle of our Defense and at the "leader" position of this Defense.

The gamble to trade down 2 spots with our division rival (Eagles) WHILE PICKING UP AN EXTRA 3RD ROUNDER worked out for the Cowboys, so us fans should be proud it did.

We see the results. Great gamble and win by the Cowboys front office.
I was high on Parsons during the process so I was ecstatic with the first round and I believe Joseph in the second is a great pickup. Gonna be fun to watch this play out. At least LVE and especially Jaylon can sit a little less comfortably and be pressured into putting in work.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I was high on Parsons during the process so I was ecstatic with the first round and I believe Joseph in the second is a great pickup. Gonna be fun to watch this play out. At least LVE and especially Jaylon can sit a little less comfortably and be pressured into putting in work.
I had CB Kelvin Joseph as a 3rd round value, so I believe they over-reached 1 round too soon for him, but it was worth it since CB was a definite need for us. There weren't any better CBs left when the Cowboys took Joseph during the 44th pick early in the 2nd round, so I can understand why they took him when they did. Truly hope he turns out to be a good CB. We need him to be.

Hardline

Reaction score
I doubt they would have if not for the trade down with the Bears.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I’m wrong a lot but I said this days before the draft… There is too much CB smoke coming from Dallas. They want the CB’s gone before 10. Parsons is the Pick. Then Slater said it. I knew he was the target all along. He’s just what this defense needs.