Rate Dak’s performance

UncleRico

Reaction score
Some people will complain regardless.

My issue with dak is this. He does not seem to play well in big games against tough competition. If he does end up playing well, it normally takes him awhile to get going.

I try to love Dak. He gives you glimpses, but then he does things that have you scratching your head. He plays so well at times and then others he's a completely different player. I want my franchise quarterback who is surrounded by weapons to be a good to great QB every game. You can't feel good about this team having success in the postseason if you don't know which Dak you will get.
Just this year, Tampa Bay and New England both on the road, he balled out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Mahomes contract was extended and he still had 2 years left on his rookie deal before the new contract kicked in.

Yes and that just proves my point, it's how teams sign who they want even if they give big contracts to a few players. When his new contract kicks in the cap will probably be, due to the new tv contract, much bigger than now. And other contracts can be restructured or eliminated. There are ways around the cap even if you pay quarterbacks or other players big, big bucks.

The cap IS complicated, but despite the cap we've seen the Patriots stay at the top of the league for 20 years. The Steelers have had winning seasons like 20 times since the cap kicked in. Despite Brees' big contracts the Saints were until this year one of the most competitive teams nearly every year.

If you don't agree or view it differently, fine, but I have support for my view and I'm not changing it.

Good discussion....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
5........................dude was average, not overly great but not overly bad either.

I expect a little more for $40 mill a year, but whatever.

It’s not like he had a bad game either.

It’s these stretches of him playing like Teddy Bridgewater is what is infuriating.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6. This was not one of Dak's better performances by a long shot. Add in a running game that was terrible except for one play, and the offense just wasn't very good.

Shane612

Reaction score
Stephan A. Smith, a man who was the loudest advocate of paying Dak, seems to have soured on him.

Qcard

Reaction score
If the team wants to sign folks, they nearly always can. What's new about Rodgers' crying? He's always doing that. Wilson is not happy with his supporting cast? Metcalf and Lockett are two very good receivers, Locket got a $17+ million dollar a year contract in 2018. Metcalf is still under his rookie contract that only costs Seattle $1.25 million a year, how is that affecting their signing good receivers? It's not, Wilson feasted off of his no. 1 ranked defense for years, now he's got to carry the load on the offense and he doesn't like it one bit.

Watson? He wants out because he is in deep doo doo with his alleged sexual misconduct, and the Texans let Hopkins go because, as indicated in an article "multiple reports suggest that Bill O'Brien let Hopkins leave because the due had some friction in their relationship. Furthermore, ESPN suggests O'Brien did not like that DeAndre Hopkins did not train with the team every day."

The cap is convoluted and complex, a team can make it "sit up and bark" if they want, a la the Patriots, it's not as much of a team killer as most think.

How many times do we hear of a team that is either massively over or nearly over the cap, yet somehow they manage to pay 53 players, and sign rookies and free agents? Because there's plenty of money available for most teams. Sure some do get in "salary cap hell", but it's not due to the cap itself, it's due to teams not handling contracts correctly.

There was an article I found a few months ago that supported my position, I couldn't find it again, but it clearly laid out that the cap being a "team killer" is largely a myth. I did find this New York Times article that sort of explains it, and I quote in part:

"The N.F.L.’s salary cap was supposed to have torn the Chiefs’ roster apart after their Super Bowl victory last season; Mahomes’s performance would command a contract that by itself had the potential to force the team into receivership. Similarly, the Buccaneers’ star-studded lineup of Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Ndamukong Suh, Antonio Brown and Jason Pierre-Paul — each a market-setter at his position at some point in his career — should be so prohibitively expensive as to force the team to fill the lower half of its roster with temps and interns.

The fact that the Chiefs and the Buccaneers kept their rosters intact appears to support the popular theory that the salary cap is a myth, a fiction used by franchises as an excuse to cut unwanted veterans, pinch pennies and fall short of expectations."
:hammer:Great Post!

Cap Hell is a Myth peddled by cheap owners and mediocre GMs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The offense needs to step it up,Starts with the OC, he and the QB were on the same page during the first half of the season...no doubt the O-line has been misfiring also and the WR in and out does not help...OC and QB need to get right and play to the strength of this O-line (whatever that is now) because the 3 and outs will not cut it. I think they will but it needs to start now. Ive said it before and will say it again no one player is the cause of what is going on, and there is not a bigger problem for an offense to over come than bad o-line play...the problem I have is this O-line has played well earlier this season and once again to me the fix starts with the OC and him getting on page with the QB and they need to work around what the o-line can do (again whatever that is now). RPO's, rubs, tosses, I dont care just fit it to something this o-line can do and make sure the QB is clear on what the plain is.