Rate the last movie you saw

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Terror Train" (2022)

Went to the movies to see the original "Terror Train" when it was released...

The original was a decent slasher film, but it probably resides at the bottom of the various horror films Jamie Lee Curtis was in during that time period.

The remake was made by Tubi (the free streaming service) and my expectations were not high.

However it surprised me by being a decent, watchable horror film.

It's not going to go down in annals as one of the best horror films of 2022, but it's a better than a lot of horror films that have gone straight to DVD or streaming over the last several years.

The strength of the film is that there aren't any grievous errors–the acting is fine, the story doesn't have major holes in it.

I give it a 5.0/10.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
John Wick 4. 6/10.

Have to go at least 6 of 10, you know going in what you're getting - lots of blood and guts, impossible shooting, Reeves surviving what would kill anybody else.

But interesting plot twist at the end, several very interesting characters as well. Though Reeves' opponent at the end doing what he did was just ridiculously unbelieveable.

Still, if you like Reeves/the John Wick movies/Keanu Reeves as an actor, pretty good flick...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Superman (1978) - I haven't seen this movie since I was probably a young kid. It's been so long I basically got to watch it as if it was new to me, though some scenes did bring back some memories. Definitely some cheese, but for 1978, I feel they did great with the visual effects. Christopher Reeves was a fantastic Kent/Superman IMO. It's a fun movie and I am going to watch all four sequels (they're all on Max).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Superman (1978) - I haven't seen this movie since I was probably a young kid. It's been so long I basically got to watch it as if it was new to me, though some scenes did bring back some memories. Definitely some cheese, but for 1978, I feel they did great with the visual effects. Christopher Reeves was a fantastic Kent/Superman IMO. It's a fun movie and I am going to watch all four sequels (they're all on Max).
The Salkinds pumped in necessary production funding for the first two movies. It is why both movies' look and feel really standout on the big screen.

Their proactive investment began to dwindle by Superman III. Having Richard Pryor co-star saved the movie.

The Quest for Peace was exceptionally lucky to get made at all. Production quality was exceptionally bad.

I wonder to this day still what Reeve's final two films could have been with proper financial support. Audiences should have braced themselves for Superman IV after watching the Salkind's Supergirl beforehand. It foretold there would not be a rebound back to the first two Superman films' standards. :(

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Salkinds pumped in necessary production funding for the first two movies. It is why both movies' look and feel really standout on the big screen.

Their proactive investment began to dwindle by Superman III. Having Richard Pryor co-star saved the movie.

The Quest for Peace was exceptionally lucky to get made at all. Production quality was exceptionally bad.

I wonder to this day still what Reeve's final two films could have been with proper financial support. Audiences should have braced themselves for Superman IV after watching the Salkind's Supergirl beforehand. It foretold there would not be a rebound back to the first two Superman films' standards. :(
Cannon Films obtaining the rights was the writing on the wall for part IV.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I may barf if I see that during the movie. :muttley:
They may be legally responsible to post a content warning........

terrifier-2-movies-5-.png

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lonestar - I seen this years ago but did not remember much of it. Good movie. Slow burn type of modern western. It had a little too much cheesy drama but still a good movie IMO.

The New World - The story of the English exploration of Virginia, and of the changing world and loves of Pocahontas
Had the potential to be good. Acting was good, cinematography was good and you can tell it had a decent budget.
However it was a very slow movie and a boring love story that does not turn out how anyone wanted it to turn out. Would not watch again as it is long slow and boring.

Becky - I think I have mentioned this before. I watched it again and still enjoy it. Bad guys show up at a vacation home of a Father who is a widower, his daughter and his new fiancé and her son. The mans daughter is NOT happy as she made a turn for the worse when her mother died. However she turns out to be a vicious little lass when she needs to survive,
Have heard they are now making a sequel. Look forward to it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lonestar - I seen this years ago but did not remember much of it. Good movie. Slow burn type of modern western. It had a little too much cheesy drama but still a good movie IMO.

The New World - The story of the English exploration of Virginia, and of the changing world and loves of Pocahontas
Had the potential to be good. Acting was good, cinematography was good and you can tell it had a decent budget.
However it was a very slow movie and a boring love story that does not turn out how anyone wanted it to turn out. Would not watch again as it is long slow and boring.

Becky - I think I have mentioned this before. I watched it again and still enjoy it. Bad guys show up at a vacation home of a Father who is a widower, his daughter and his new fiancé and her son. The mans daughter is NOT happy as she made a turn for the worse when her mother died. However she turns out to be a vicious little lass when she needs to survive,
Have heard they are now making a sequel. Look forward to it.
Becky (The Wrath of Becky) is out now. I saw it this past weekend. I was a little disappointed. It seemed like it was mostly a lazy rehash of the first film. But it was pretty short (84 min), so can't complain too much.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I watched 'Lone Star' a couple months ago, yeah a slow burn modern western/southern noir type move. A little cheesy, but seems a product of it's time. Good story, great cast, my favorite was the cameo by Frances McDormund as Bunny. That was a great character, the uber football fanatic, compulsively spitting out stats and measureables of high school prospects while wearing an Aikman jersey and Oilers cap, watching tape of Aggie games with a life-size cutout of Dorsett in her living room. I would have loved a movie just based around her character instead of the one cameo......lol

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blood and Gold - Newer foreign film on netflix. Gives you english dub or subtitles.
At the end of World War II, a German soldier is looking for his daughter while an SS troop is looking for a Jewish treasure.

Wow...really liked this movie. Did not know much about it going in so expectations was low. However this is like a foreign Tarantino type film. Has that vibe to it. Now the dialogue was not well done as a QT movie but everything else was done well. If you like WWII action movies and you like QT movies....I think you will like this one as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
They may be legally responsible to post a content warning........

terrifier-2-movies-5-.png
Didn't they post a message like this before the movie "Cloverfield"? Except he barfing wasn't from the horror of the movie, unless you count barfing from the awfulness of the movie, the barfing was from the camera shaking the entire movie making people dizzy. In the annals of stupid movies, the idea of a person holding the video camera while being chased by a giant monster, even to the point of filming while the monster is right on top of you, was one of the stupidest concepts I have seen. It ruined the movie, IMO.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Didn't they post a message like this before the movie "Cloverfield"? Except he barfing wasn't from the horror of the movie, unless you count barfing from the awfulness of the movie, the barfing was from the camera shaking the entire movie making people dizzy. In the annals of stupid movies, the idea of a person holding the video camera while being chased by a giant monster, even to the point of filming while the monster is right on top of you, was one of the stupidest concepts I have seen. It ruined the movie, IMO.
I think so, there's been a few that have done this. There were a couple movies I saw at the theater that I remember they had warnings at the ticket window before you even entered the building, "The Warriors" and "Scarface" It just made me want to watch them more....lol

The best warning message might have been prior to the 'Herogasm' episode of "The Boys" :eek:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Knock At The Cabin
An M. Night Shalamar mystery thriller. Not a bad thriller with a little creepiness, not his best, not his worst work. 6.75/10

The Last Kingdom Seven Kings Must Die
The movie conclusion of the series. It was alright, but it felt a little rushed. I think I would have liked it more if it were a two part movie or a four part series conclusion. It needed a little more runtime to tell the rest of the story. 6.75/10

Crossroads
I re-watched this classic. A young guitar prodigy and old bluesman search for a missing Robert Johnson song. Parts feel a little dated and cheesy, but still a good story and even better music. That Ry Cooder blues soundtrack is still smokin'. 8.5/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Knock At The Cabin
An M. Night Shalamar mystery thriller. Not a bad thriller with a little creepiness, not his best, not his worst work. 6.75/10

The Last Kingdom Seven Kings Must Die
The movie conclusion of the series. It was alright, but it felt a little rushed. I think I would have liked it more if it were a two part movie or a four part series conclusion. It needed a little more runtime to tell the rest of the story. 6.75/10

Crossroads
I re-watched this classic. A young guitar prodigy and old bluesman search for a missing Robert Johnson song. Parts feel a little dated and cheesy, but still a good story and even better music. That Ry Cooder blues soundtrack is still smokin'. 8.5/10
If not for Ralph Macchio, it would have been at least a 9/10.