Rate the last movie you saw

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas: God awful.

Edit: Whoa, what happen to this thread?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4422783 said:

Edit: Whoa, what happen to this thread?
Closed and jumpstarted w/a new thread.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Safe House 7/10. Good, not great. Shaky cam brought it down.

Woman in Black 8/10. Great suspenseful movie. Daniel Radcliffe really can act. Don't need gore to be a scary movie.

In Time 5/10. Interesting premise, terrible delivery.

The Muppets 9/10. Awesome movie. So cheesy 1/4 of the time, but it's the Muppets. Great movie. Love all the cameo's.

Die Hard 6/10. Never saw it until a few weeks ago. Cheesy 80's action movie. Gratuitous nudity was rampant in 80's action movies I guess (recently saw Terminator as well, and boy, was that gratuitous).

Stranger than Fiction 9/10. Great story, great acting. Will Farrell in a non-funny role? Stop the presses. I enjoyed his character a lot.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Safe House - 7 / 10 - Like VietCowboy stated it was good but not great.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Woman in Black: 4/10 - just an overall bad movie. I was actually looking forward to this movie but was left disappointed. Even worse, the special effects were laughably bad.

Chronicles: 8/10 - Suprisingly good. Started off slow but had a relatively well developed storyline.

The Grey: 7/10 - Suspensful and worth a see. Storyline just seemed to be missing something extra. The characters were pretty stereotypical, fitting each guy into an easy hole ie. the tough guy....the mother hen....the spiritual guy...et cetera.

The Artist: 9/10 - Had no idea it was a silent movie going in. It didn't matter, the movie was fantastic; well acted by all involved, funny, sad, suspensful and entertaining.

In Time: 6/10 - I liked the movie more than most. Had some shortcomings, but I overlook a lot of them because I think Amanda Seyfreid is beautiful. That is all....

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: 10/10 - This is probably the best movie I've seen in recent memory. Everything from the plot, acting, delivery, scenery, et cetera was totally on point. Can't give it enough praise.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: 6/10 - Sorry, I'd love to sound high-brow and say the movie was faaaaaantabulous, but I just couldn't do it in any honesty. I thought the plot was unecessarily confusing and just plainly hard to follow. The acting was terrific but bouyed by some poor script writing IMO. I fell asleep at some points.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The Vow: Took my wife to see this just last night. It was ok. She really wanted to see it cause people had been telling her it was as good, or better, than the Notebook.

I disagree. I actually really liked the Notebook but this one was just ok. It's worth a watch one time but I couldn't see anyone liking it enough to watch it multiple times.

6/10

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
VietCowboy;4422796 said:
Safe House 7/10. Good, not great. Shaky cam brought it down.

Woman in Black 8/10. Great suspenseful movie. Daniel Radcliffe really can act. Don't need gore to be a scary movie.

In Time 5/10. Interesting premise, terrible delivery.

The Muppets 9/10. Awesome movie. So cheesy 1/4 of the time, but it's the Muppets. Great movie. Love all the cameo's.

Die Hard 6/10. Never saw it until a few weeks ago. Cheesy 80's action movie. Gratuitous nudity was rampant in 80's action movies I guess (recently saw Terminator as well, and boy, was that gratuitous).

Stranger than Fiction 9/10. Great story, great acting. Will Farrell in a non-funny role? Stop the presses. I enjoyed his character a lot.

I loved the Die hard movie. the first Die Hard is a classic and I have seen the movie many times and I do not remember much nudity.
It takes place at a christmas party in a new building how much could there be

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I watched "Gashole", which was a documentary about the oil industry and how after Katrina the oil companies have been price gouging us ever since.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;4423418 said:
I loved the Die hard movie. the first Die Hard is a classic and I have seen the movie many times and I do not remember much nudity.
It takes place at a christmas party in a new building how much could there be

The only nudity I remember was at the beginning a couple were getting it on in an office.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4422783 said:

Did you see the 3D version or the normal version? I admit the movie overall was bad, but some of the 3D effects were cool. If I watched the normal version I'm sure I would have turned it off after 20 minutes.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 3 - 1 out of 10 - Okay, the first one was kind of cool at first viewing because it was gimmicky, but the gimmick is done. The second movie stunk and the third was unbearable. I was using my phone to hit CowboysZone about twenty minutes in. Why my wife likes these movies is beyond me.

Spoiler Alert!!!!:

Spoiler #1 - This movie sucked camel poo

Spoiler #2 - If I'm a guy that stumbles into a room of middle age cult loving wikin women who are the prime suspects in my wife and two stepdaughters missing, as soon as they come at me I landing haymakers all over those devil lovin hookers. Try chanting with your mouth swelled up and no teeth.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Jammer;4425281 said:
Did you see the 3D version or the normal version? I admit the movie overall was bad, but some of the 3D effects were cool. If I watched the normal version I'm sure I would have turned it off after 20 minutes.

Non-3D. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a 3D movie until I saw all the weird way they kept having crap float in front of the screen.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Thin Ice - 6/10 - Starring Greg Kinnear. It's sort of a dark comedy that's actually entertaining. More of a strong rental IMO.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Journey2 - 4 out of 10. I have to say that I enjoyed it much more than that rating, but only because my eight year old was so taken by it. The visuals and sound were all fantastic, but they really crushed the "willing suspension of disbelief". When I say that, I mean the things where they tried to build the suspense using the characters' own human limitations. I can't really say much more than that without spoilers.

Summary - not good as an adult, but a great flick if you want to spend some time with your kid.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Saw the vow on valentines. Wife loved it but I did not get the hype. Was not in the same class as the notebook . 5/10- and a five us generous. Then when you actually understand the only part of the movie that was true was that she lost her memory, it really falls flat.

On the contrary, this means war with reese witherspoon was really good. 7.5/10. Fun movie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
21 Jump Street - 7/10. This was a lot more entertaining than I expected it to be considering the stars, but it really didn't take itself very seriously at all and was actually pretty funny at times. There were some good cameos as well. Just a good old fashioned, fun movie.