Rating Dak

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t hate Dak.Just want honest opinions w/out agenda.
My honest opinion as a player and coach of over 40 years is that he is very good and not perfect...the haters will never be happy and the homers will have his back. At the the end of the day, 40 million a year is a lot to live up too, but when you add the years he played on a 4th round pick contract, add it to his present contract and figure out the avg.... he's pretty good....I am happy with him and can see that he was not 100% and played with a subpar OL and running game. I also saw him rushing throws and having accuracy issues.....at the end of the day, he's our QB next year and I hope for the best instead of hating on something that I can't control.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I don't know who's fault it is but they need more quick hitters instead of slow developing plays where the o-line is expected to hold up forever.

RaZon

Reaction score
Not going to do it that way, prefer this....

Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Josh Allen
Matt Stafford
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr

.....I would rather have, so being 9th out of 32 not too bad.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man, just speak truth.

The excuses are mindboggling/

Someone posted our oline as worse than 80% of the league when it was rated #1 (by people who watch every play of every lineman) by more than one source.
So even if it's not that good, you know at minimum...absolute minimum...its a "B".
Our line...worse than 80% of the league?
:lmao: Give up your football-watching privileges for a year if you think it's anyway near that bad.

Then the same person said WRs were a 3. Ok, they had some rough games, but almost everyone places Dallas WR group as top 5 in the league.

Then he had the OC as the bottom 10%. Come on. Bottom 10%?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not going to do it that way, prefer this....

Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Josh Allen
Matt Stafford
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr

.....I would rather have, so being 9th out of 32 not too bad.
Solid list

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How would you rate Dak?

Arm talent
Accuracy
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions)
Pocket awareness

200.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll give him this, his groupies can come up with more excuses than any other player who ever played.

he was just lucky he came into the league on a good team, they are nothing special about him. he would be a backup if not for his luck of being on a good team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thanks I agree, so we do have a top 10 QB, shocked myself.
I usually put him in that 9-14 or so range
Looks like Brady is gone, so he moves up a slot.
It's really tough to choose where to put him in that group.
Murray squeezes in there somewhere for me.
Not sure where to put Cousins. Hos stats are better than Dak's over the last 4 years, but something is missing.
LJax is a toughie too.
Ryan may not even be in that group anymore.

I try to imagine each player being inserted into other teams and trying to think how they would perform.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Man, just speak truth.

The excuses are mindboggling/

Someone posted our oline as worse than 80% of the league when it was rated #1 (by people who watch every play of every lineman) by more than one source.
So even if it's not that good, you know at minimum...absolute minimum...its a "B".
Our line...worse than 80% of the league?
:lmao: Give up your football-watching privileges for a year if you think it's anyway near that bad.

Then the same person said WRs were a 3. Ok, they had some rough games, but almost everyone places Dallas WR group as top 5 in the league.

Then he had the OC as the bottom 10%. Come on. Bottom 10%?

When I read someone say "Strange that pff ranks our line as the best but Dak has to run for his life almost every pass," I was wondering if someone was stuck in a time warp and was seeing Romo running for his life back when we had that historic bad line. Dak has yet to play under a bad line.