Rating Dak

RaZon

Reaction score
I usually put him in that 9-14 or so range
Looks like Brady is gone, so he moves up a slot.
It's really tough to choose where to put him in that group.
Not sure where to put Cousins, for example.

I try to imagine each player being inserted into other teams and trying to think how they would perform.

You have the right idea, Dak in the first half somewhere close to Cousins.

DFWJC

Reaction score
When I read someone say "Strange that pff ranks our line as the best but Dak has to run for his life almost every pass," I was wondering if someone was stuck in a time warp and was seeing Romo running for his life back when we had that historic bad line. Dak has yet to play under a bad line.
Yeah, they have NO idea what a REALLY bad line looks like. 2011 for example...lol

shabazz

Reaction score
Thanks I agree, so we do have a top 10 QB, shocked myself.

……if we do it’s by default…..there’s a wide talent margin from the top tier and the rest. Carr, Cousins and Rayme are tier 2

GoldenR

Reaction score
I'll give him this, his groupies can come up with more excuses than any other player who ever played.

he was just lucky he came into the league on a good team, they are nothing special about him. he would be a backup if not for his luck of being on a good team.
Can you imagine Dakuracy on the Vikings, Seattle, Steelers, Saints, Colts......You think he is bad now, without all that pass protection we give him, would be very comical to watch! Key up the Benny Hill music theme!! Maybe I will just make the theme with him at QB with Cowboys!!!!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
How would you rate Dak?

Arm talent
Accuracy
Pre/post snap reads(going through progressions)
Pocket awareness

Arm Talent- 7.5
Accuracy- 9
Pre/Post Snap Reads- 8
Pocket Awareness- 5.5

Dak has more than enough arm strength and has demonstrated he can make all of the throws. Documented evidence in game of him launching the ball 65 + yards in the air.

Accuracy is elite, imo. I know most haters will fall over themselves with this statement but his accuracy is uncanny. He does have moments of inaccuracy and they usually center on his mechanics going bad.

Pre/Post Snap reads are excellent. There is a reason he doesn't turn the ball over, has high everything and it isn't because he doens't know where to go with the ball.

Pocket awareness- I wish it was better. It isn't something that can generally improve either. You either have it or you don't....it is an area of frustration for me.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I fixed it for you.

Oh, and you should have added one more category - ability to compensate for terrible o'line. He gets a Zero there. Burrow has a worse o'line and is in the super bowl. The o'line excuse is no longer acceptable for Dak.
He has a bad oline Zeke and Pollard also do in fact the whole team has a bad oline and it will lose you games

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Endorsements ***** 10
Family Social Media 0
Press Conferences 0
Fan Appreciation 0
I actually like his press conferences. He comes across like a nice guy.

You guys just pounding on Dak are pathetic. Truly. Open your eyes. The constant over the past 26 years is the Jones family and the unserious culture they create. Zero accountability. That’s the problem in Dallas. Not Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our team led the league in penalties for the year.
HPPF.gif

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My honest opinion as a player and coach of over 40 years is that he is very good and not perfect...the haters will never be happy and the homers will have his back. At the the end of the day, 40 million a year is a lot to live up too, but when you add the years he played on a 4th round pick contract, add it to his present contract and figure out the avg.... he's pretty good....I am happy with him and can see that he was not 100% and played with a subpar OL and running game. I also saw him rushing throws and having accuracy issues.....at the end of the day, he's our QB next year and I hope for the best instead of hating on something that I can't control.
I am far from a homer but I like Dak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Arm Talent- 8 .. He has made all the throws..

Accuracy- 7 .. He drives me nuts by throwing touch passes and then throwing in the ground or off.. Footwork will improve.

Pre/Post Snap Reads- 7 .. He reads the defenses fine. It’s the progressions with the receivers and deciding to let it go at times.,

Pocket Awareness- 5 .. Occasionally holds it to long, don’t see the guy coming to strip the ball. Or don’t see the rusher coming till it’s to late. He can improve here.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
What an asinine post!
I agree. Cinn had 1 of the worst Olines in football.If you actually watch the games Dak didn’t see a lot of open players w/ our much maligned Oline.Pass protection wasn’t horrible compared to other teams, but Dak didn’t scan the field quickly enough.This isn’t just my opinion, but former pro players.