Rating Dak

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
Does the board here block links to charts on Twitter? There's an interesting tally that was published in The Athletic today in an article on why Kirk Cousins will never be elite. Go find the chart they used called, "Crunch Time Kings." It's been circulated on Twitter. Two Cowboys are in the top 5, ahead of Brady and Aaron (the liar) Rodgers, Drew Brees and others.

Redline360

Reaction score
David Carr is usually placed in the top 10 of quartback busts of all time however to be fair he's probably one of the biggest "what ifs" ever.

Argurably placed in one of the worst situations in football with the expansive team. Could have argurably had the worst oline in history of the game. Turn over machine but dude took more of a beating in his first couple years then most quarterbacks will ever see in their entire career. Went to Carolina I think started a couple games then got injured. Dude had a terrible career stat wish but damn. Those Texan teams would make the Jets look like superbowl calenders.

Dude literally thrown into one of the worse situations ever.

Last edited:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
On a 1-10 scale (with 5 being the average NFL QB):

Arm talent- 6
Accuracy- 7
Pre/post snap- 5
Pocket awareness- 5

It’s weird with Dak though, after week 7 my answers would have been:
Arm talent- 7
Accuracy- 9
Pre/post snap- 9
Pocket awareness- 8

a tale of two halves…
Accuracy and Dak scoring higher than 3 is absurd

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Daks draft Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistent accuracy
  • Inconsistent field vision
  • Needs to get faster with his eyes
  • Needs to learn working under center
  • Needs development for a pro-style offense
  • College-offense inflated stats
  • Yep that is our guy. Same guy they drafted in 4th round. Still doing the same old stuff. And will never take this team anywhere.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Daks draft Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistent accuracy
  • Inconsistent field vision
  • Needs to get faster with his eyes
  • Needs to learn working under center
  • Needs development for a pro-style offense
  • College-offense inflated stats
  • Yep that is our guy. Same guy they drafted in 4th round. Still doing the same old stuff. And will never take this team anywhere.
Why haven’t we drafted good OL to make us less reliant on said QB? That isn’t Dak’s fault.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I apologize for putting Burrow on the same level of Dak earlier (this was before the Chiefs game).

It’s obvious Burrow has the mental fortitude to overcome some of his team’s shortcomings that Dak doesn’t have.
There's no shame in not being as good as Joe Burrow.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Why haven’t we drafted good OL to make us less reliant on said QB? That isn’t Dak’s fault.

:facepalm:

Like drafting an offensive line is easy. It is the height of comedy when I hear people say that the Cowboys need to draft an offensive line. You guys do realize that the Giants have also been using picks on trying to get a good offensive line, but haven't been as lucky or as good as the Cowboys there.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Like drafting an offensive line is easy. It is the height of comedy when I hear people say that the Cowboys need to draft an offensive line. You guys do realize that the Giants have also been using picks on trying to get a good offensive line, but haven't been as lucky or as good as the Cowboys there.
Tyron Smith, Martin, Frederick… our 1st rounders have been All-Pros. Seems pretty easy to me.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Tyron Smith, Martin, Frederick… our 1st rounders have been All-Pros. Seems pretty easy to me.

Yeah just because we have been lucky with our draft picks in the past, means we are always going to be a s fortunate XD What about Conner Williams ;) and some other picks that haven't worked out as well.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Yeah just because we have been lucky with our draft picks in the past, means we are always going to be a s fortunate XD What about Conner Williams ;) and some other picks that haven't worked out as well.
They’re not first rounders. We need to draft OL in the first round and we’ll be set at the position for years. Frederick was an unfortunate outlier that had to retire early. Smith has had his share of injuries but he also takes on a teams’ best pass rushers, which can be a beating. Martin has pretty much been available 100%.

mardwin

Reaction score
I'll give him this, his groupies can come up with more excuses than any other player who ever played.

he was just lucky he came into the league on a good team, they are nothing special about him. he would be a backup if not for his luck of being on a good team.

I wish I could like your post more than once. The guy has never been a game changer, not a knock on Dak everyone has their limitations. The guy doesn't make anyone better, not the receivers, nor the O-line nor the running backs but some how he is getting paid $40M.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If one measures Dak by his salary level, it seems he falls short of that generous amount. $40 mil is an extremely difficult salary level to justify. Most QBs in that category are more consistently accurate than what Dak has shown, especially so, vs. the better NFL teams. I'm hoping he'll somehow manage to overcome his inconsistencies but so far, it's been disappointing. Let's see if he'll recover from that. We'll see if it's in the cards, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Dak around number ...9ish/10? Which is better than at least 20ish.

He's not elite however, that is Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Allen......Burrow?