Ratliff looks headed for the PUP list

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
That sucks to hear. This guy is a warrior and has been battling injuries for quite some time now. I hope some how he can climb back with a lot less injuries.

Nirvana

Reaction score

Plug in Cohen for Ratliff on the 53 in that case, along with Bass, Hayden, Hatcher and possibly Lissemore.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If this comes to pass, Ratliff will be receiving his full contract pay, which is standard procedure for players on the PUP list. In 2012, he received a five-year, 40 million dollar contract. (NFL players, according to the CPA, aren't allowed to practice nor use team facilities while on the PUP list.) Not bad, just for attending meetings, I'd say.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rat will never be the same, his body is breaking down rapidly :(

It is time to let his replacement take over for good IMO.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
If he goes on pup, it will be nearly 2 years since he had a sack.

KDM256

Reaction score
News that most us Cowboy fans didn't want to hear. Always been behind Ratliff but if that dog won't hunt we need to let him go.

erod

Reaction score
If this comes to pass, Ratliff will be receiving his full contract pay, which is standard procedure for players on the PUP list. In 2012, he received a five-year, 40 million dollar contract. (NFL players, according to the CPA, aren't allowed to practice nor use team facilities while on the PUP list.) Not bad, just for attending meetings, I'd say.

If they release him after June 1st of 2014, he'll only count $2 million against the cap next year. They're going to squeeze what they can out of him this final season in in Dallas.

erod

Reaction score
News that most us Cowboy fans didn't want to hear. Always been behind Ratliff but if that dog won't hunt we need to let him go.

You can't. Massive cap hit if you do.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
$6 million to be exact. At least that is what was reported by Fish on the FAN.

Yeah, and if we wait, I think we save on next years cap. No reason to cut him now. If you wanted to send a message, he should have been cut when he got physical with the GM or had a DUI.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
And let us not forget about the DUI shortly after what happened with Brent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They're going to squeeze what they can out of him this final season in in Dallas.

Or have him hang around on the PUP all season collecting a paycheck like Terry Glenn did his final season in Dallas (Darren Woodson as well).

The chances of him earning much of his salary this season are looking very grim.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Or have him hang around on the PUP all season collecting a paycheck like Terry Glenn did his final season in Dallas (Darren Woodson as well).

The chances of him earning much of his salary this season are looking very grim.

Yes, I'm sure he's fully aware of the cap hit the team would take should they release him which gives him a lot of leverage. So he can sit and save a lot of wear and tear on his body and still collect the same paycheck he would if he actually got out there and played. Where's the motivation supposed to come from? Honestly, if I read between the lines of what Jerry has been saying, it sounds like he really feels Ratliff could play right now but Ratliff isn't being very cooperative.

likofloathe

Reaction score
I know its cutdown time, but I would be bringing in Vaughn Meatoga. Guy has a motor and can be disruptive, also has a chance to be here for a few years since he is younger. No more old guys who get hurt as soon as they get into camp.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That sucks to hear. This guy is a warrior and has been battling injuries for quite some time now. I hope some how he can climb back with a lot less injuries.

I think you're naive. This guy is fine to play, he doesn't want to since he knows he has the organization over a barrel. Doesn't sound like a warrior to me, sounds like a free loader.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure he's fully aware of the cap hit the team would take should they release him which gives him a lot of leverage. So he can sit and save a lot of wear and tear on his body and still collect the same paycheck he would if he actually got out there and played. Where's the motivation supposed to come from? Honestly, if I read between the lines of what Jerry has been saying, it sounds like he really feels Ratliff could play right now but Ratliff isn't being very cooperative.

I honestly do not know what to believe. It is completely strange that "something" in the last two weeks has changed the outlook from "not worried" to what it is now, while all along they are hesistant to question why as you see no progress (see Coughlin shaming Nicks for example), question his integrity, nor will they actually admit there is some sort of real setback that is causing the problem. It is almost like they really know yet want to keep from disclosing it. It all just seems oddly cloak and dagger to be just your normal case. It almost looks like there is some sort of medical liability issue nobody is talking about. But then you see that he's been avoiding working out in the facilities. It is all just strange.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I think you're naive. This guy is fine to play, he doesn't want to since he knows he has the organization over a barrel. Doesn't sound like a warrior to me, sounds like a free loader.

If true, I hope Jerry & co learn their lesson and never redo an existing favorable contract to an aging player when they were under no obligation to do so. I still cant believe they did this

visionary

Reaction score

this has not been my impression of ratliff (maybe i am wrong) but he is a player who i view has played hard when he has been able to play

i am still going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he comes back to be an effective member of this defense

a healthy ratliff can be a difference-maker on this defense