Ratliff meeting with Bears and Chiefs

jaybird

Reaction score
I offically hate ratt, he is truley a rat. I HOPE Jerry gets cap relief from this BS. I blame Ratt as much as anybody for loosing to the LIONS. He could have been ready by now if he didnt have a hatful agenda. i truelly believe that.

fifaguy

Reaction score
We released him.

No I know we released him. I was referring moreso to the whole situation. Paying this man millions of dollars, him basically not playing the past 2 years, his "injury", the dui weeks after Brent's issue -- possibly injured himself more here?, him blowing up at Jerry, his agent talking about the injury like he would never recover from it -- a week later he is ready for workouts with other teams. Something just doesn't add up. Maybe more will come out on this.

Generally I hope the best for all nfl players, dallas cowboys or otherwise, but this man does not deserve to be playing again.

Also curious why we released him in the middle of the season as opposed to at the end of last season.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
They give Denver a run for their money and it would be really hard to make that argument.

Why? We gave Denver a run for their money. No, the Chiefs won't win anything this year, just not enough offensive firepower. Frankly, I give us a better chance. Yes, we are sloppy and idiotic but we do have the horses on offense to basically stay with anyone on a given day.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why? We gave Denver a run for their money. No, the Chiefs won't win anything this year, just not enough offensive firepower. Frankly, I give us a better chance. Yes, we are sloppy and idiotic but we do have the horses on offense to basically stay with anyone on a given day.

The more the offense sputters like it did against the Eagles and Lions, the more the Bronco game seems like an anomaly.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Psst, you don't need to score 35 poitns a week to have a chance to win if you have a good defense. The fact that we are sloppy, idiotic, and beat ourselves is exactly why the Chiefs are the better team. Plus, other than Denver, there really isn't another good AFC team.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
The more the offense sputters like it did against the Eagles and Lions, the more the Bronco game seems like an anomaly.

I tend to agree. I'm started to see some of the same disturbing red zone signs from years past. What was I thinking directly after the Lee interception? Was it excitement? No -- sadly, the first thought was "he didn't score." That's how little faith I currently have in our red zone offense. Did we score a TD after the Lee interception? Yes, but it basically took a miracle catch by Dez on third down. Running game is non-existent to the point of not even being an effective decoy. I still give us a puncher's chance because Murray is coming back but I'm telling you right now, we lose him again, this offense will shrivel up and die just like it did last year. And to think there were rumors going around about trading this guy. Yeah, go ahead Jerry. See how that works out for you.

dogberry

Reaction score
Did our doctors examine Ratliff? Did the Cowboys have a right to check his medical condition? Did he have an contractual obligation to report into the team for therapy? Has any club sued a player before for this type of dispute?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys make it clear that legal action is coming against Ratliff
Posted by Mike Florio on October 31, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
ratliff1.jpg
AP
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn’t saying anything about Jay Ratliff. A magazine Jones owns is saying plenty.

At a time when Jones has uncharacteristically zipped it regarding Ratliff by calling it a “legal matter,” the latest issue of Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine jumps cannonball-style into the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...g-against-ratliff/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
so far Dallas is the best team they have played, and they were pretty fortunate to win at home
Fortunate in that they played field position and defense? The didn't mess stuff up. There was nothing fortunate about the way they won.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Fortunate in that they played field position and defense? The didn't mess stuff up. There was nothing fortunate about the way they won.

I would say they were fortunate the Cowboys dropped two INTs (one a likely pick 6), Dez dropped the deep ball down the sideline, Dallas stupidly did not feed Dez constantly (particularly at the goal line), that they got a ticky tack PI call on Claiborne, that Dunbar fumbled (but I'll give them credit for that). If they played 10 times, I'd say the Cowboys would win 7, in KC. Nine times in Dallas. I don't see the Chiefs doing better than 4-4 the second half of the season and losing the division by 2 games.