Ratliff meeting with Bears and Chiefs

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would say they were fortunate the Cowboys dropped two INTs (one a likely pick 6), Dez dropped the deep ball down the sideline, Dallas stupidly did not feed Dez constantly (particularly at the goal line), that they got a ticky tack PI call on Claiborne, that Dunbar fumbled (but I'll give them credit for that). If they played 10 times, I'd say the Cowboys would win 7, in KC. Nine times in Dallas. I don't see the Chiefs doing better than 4-4 the second half of the season and losing the division by 2 games.
You could do that for literally every close game that has ever been played. The Cowboys didn't make the plays they needed to win. You can't blame KC for that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You could do that for literally every close game that has ever been played. The Cowboys didn't make the plays they needed to win. You can't blame KC for that.

I don't blame KC, but KC was fortunate for the Cowboys blunders. Unforced errors and stupidity (except the fumble) more than outplaying the boys is why the Chiefs won.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their offense has problems but you've always got a chance when you are playing defense as well as they are.
Here are the starting QB's they faced this year:

Blaine Gabbert

Tony Romo

Mike Vick

Eli Manning

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Terrelle Pryor

Case Keenum

Jason Campbell

Changes your perspective on their record. Also they have won 2 games by only 1 point.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Changes your perspective on their record. Also they have won 2 games by only 1 point.

The last time Dallas won the NFC East in 2007, we faced five backup QBs that year.

Funny, I do not recall people dismissing the 13-3 record after we won games against Kellen Clemens, Gus Frerotte, Tarvaris Jackson, Jon Kitna and Matt Moore.

Plankton

Reaction score
The last time Dallas won the NFC East in 2007, we faced five backup QBs that year.

Funny, I do not recall people dismissing the 13-3 record after we won games against Kellen Clemens, Gus Frerotte, Tarvaris Jackson, Jon Kitna and Matt Moore.

You can't control who you play. All you can do is beat who is in front of you. Parcells had it right - you are what your record says you are.

The 72 Dolphins only played two teams with a winning record that regular season. Doesn't diminish their achievement.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
That's fair, but the way they play means they simply aren't going to be blowing teams away, and that they are probably going to lose a game or two to teams that they shouldn't. But playing defense, being able to run the football, and winning the turnover battle can help you win in the playoffs, so this team is built for that.

And not for nothing, but they have only had 3 games that they've won by less than a touchdown...Dallas, Houston, and Cleveland. They've won all of their other games by at least 9, with an average margin of victory of just over 15, if my math is right.

Like I said, you might be right. They have been impressive. I just don't think they're good enough to do much in the playoffs. We'll get a good idea when they play at Denver in a couple weeks.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Fortunate in that they played field position and defense? The didn't mess stuff up. There was nothing fortunate about the way they won.

disagree. two turnovers back to back allowed them back into the game, and the Dunbar one was just dumb luck

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That was in response to the statement being made about the Chiefs defense playing so well not their record.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score

I understand what you're saying, and your point is valid, but we did win the East in 2009, no?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If the league does anything other than kick Ratliff out of the NFL, it has no integrity. What he did was blatant fraud. He should be sued up the butt and thrown out of the NFL permanently.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Doesn't matter he is an after thought right now,he didn't want to be here,so see ya Rat thanks for your good years

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I don't blame KC, but KC was fortunate for the Cowboys blunders. Unforced errors and stupidity (except the fumble) more than outplaying the boys is why the Chiefs won.

The difference between chiefs and cowboys.. The chiefs play good defense and execute in critical moments. That's why they're undefeated. And why were 4-4.

You can say we would beat them 9 times out of 10 all you want.. But when we played them on the field, when it mattered, they beat us.

Tezz

Reaction score
Too many moving parts here doctors could sometimes have a differing opinion and if one doctor doesnt clear Ratliff and another one does I'm not sure what the Cowboys could do.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score

Blaine Gabbert

Tony Romo

Mike Vick

Eli Manning

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Terrelle Pryor

Case Keenum

Jason Campbell

Ahh yes, I see this is the new "Cupcake Schedule" excuse for why Reid is getting it done.