Ravens Boards commentary

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
l2obert;2502423 said:
Plus even stretched extremely thin, this is not 2007's secondary.

It's not at all. In 2007, we'd bite on double moves b/c we didn't have a lot of good cover CBs. This year, I think we just expect that the rush is going to get there. We're playing more press and looking for picks. It's a lot more fun. But, still, that aggressiveness can be taken advantage of if the QB gets time to throw.

Givincer

Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2502377 said:
This came off that Board:
I'm a Giants fan and watch the Cowboys all the time. You have to hit Romo over and over. Press the receivers and blitz, blitz, blitz, but watch out for the draw and screen. On offense you have to attack downfield, then run. The dink and dunk does not work. Run some quick hits up the middle, and one flea flicker will work perfectly. Also, when a wideout is one on one with no safety, a pump fake will be an easy touchdown.

They hit Romo over and over and still lost.
Loser.

I love seeing teams blitz against us, because one of two things usually happens. The blitz either gets picked up by our line properly, or Romo makes that person miss, and buys himself 2-3 extra seconds that he otherwise wouldn't have had. A big play usually ensues either way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Givincer;2502514 said:
I love seeing teams blitz against us, because one of two things usually happens. The blitz either gets picked up by our line properly, or Romo makes that person miss, and buys himself 2-3 extra seconds that he otherwise wouldn't have had. A big play usually ensues either way.

Normally, I agree with you. However, I have to say that of late, Romo's accuracy has been so poor that it worries me when he gets pressure and has to make a play. I don't know where the ball is going to end up. Either a strike or sailing way over the intended receivers head.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm not one to worry about games...however, this one scares the hell outta me! With Romo a little banged up, and with Proctor in there I hope that if Garrett has some tricks up his sleve that he has not shown yet, this is the time to do it.

The Ravens defense is going to bring it all day long. So, I hope the offense is ready?!!

I'm not worried about the eagles...I mean come on! But these jokers?

:eek:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
5Stars;2502534 said:
I'm not one to worry about games...however, this one scares the hell outta me! With Romo a little banged up, and with Proctor in there I hope that if Garrett has some tricks up his sleve that he has not shown yet, this is the time to do it.

The Ravens defense is going to bring it all day long. So, I hope the offense is ready?!!

Just the opp for me. The only way the Eagles game will be easier is if they somehow lose to Washington and are eliminated. Otherwise that game will be far tougher than this one.

I actually believe well beat the Ravens pretty good. It probably wont be a blowout, but as long as Romo doesnt throw a bunch of picks we'll win comfortably. Their secondary is going to be overmatched by our WR's and TE's. I also dont see them scoring much on our defense at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2502534 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a few 2-TE sets of Witten and Bennett against the Ravens. It'll provide a little more protection for Romo and give him some short passing options if necessary. Giving Romo easy targets underneath and having Barber pound them late after Choice has set them up early will probably wear out their defense well before the fourth quarter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
dbair1967;2502546 said:
Just the opp for me. The only way the Eagles game will be easier is if they somehow lose to Washington and are eliminated. Otherwise that game will be far tougher than this one.

I actually believe well beat the Ravens pretty good. It probably wont be a blowout, but as long as Romo doesnt throw a bunch of picks we'll win comfortably. Their secondary is going to be overmatched by our WR's and TE's. I also dont see them scoring much on our defense at all.

I hope you are right...! But, man...I usually don't have these kind of thoughts! It's not my style. :eek:

Maybe it's my expectations of the Boyz making the playoffs? I don't know...but I do know that I have a bad feeling that I cannot shake!

dallas_112678

Reaction score
5Stars;2502534 said:

Well since Philly has a full 10 more sacks than Baltimore on the season, if you worried about proctor and romo getting hurt, then worry more about philly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;2502549 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a few 2-TE sets of Witten and Bennett against the Ravens. It'll provide a little more protection for Romo and give him some short passing options if necessary. Giving Romo easy targets underneath and having Barber pound them late after Choice has set them up early will probably wear out their defense well before the fourth quarter.

Only a few 2-TE sets? Why not 2 all game long?

The protection of Romo is what has me all wigged out. Someone has to help him in a BIG time way. He does not need to be banged around anymore.

The way they blitz is what has me worried. If they don't get to Romo, in the 1st qtr, I might relax a little!

But, right now...I need someone to hold me! :(

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
dallas_112678;2502557 said:
Well since Philly has a full 10 more sacks than Baltimore on the season, if you worried about proctor and romo getting hurt, then worry more about philly.

Really? I did not know that. I don't keep up with stats, but maybe I need to rethink this out. At least you made me feel somewhat better.

However...
:eek: :confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2502564 said:
The protection of Romo is what has me all wigged out...
But, right now...I need someone to hold me! :(
Hugs aren't gonna help you any. Here. Let... me... slap... you... around... through... the... internet... some...

There! Now then, feel any better?

dallas_112678

Reaction score
5Stars;2502567 said:
Really? I did not know that. I don't keep up with stats, but maybe I need to rethink this out. At least you made me feel somewhat better.

However...
:eek: :confused:

Well if it makes you feel any better, the giants have 9 more sacks on the season than baltimore, so Romo shouldnt have nearly as much pressure on him as he did against NY, and Philly has 1 more sack on the year than NY so that game would be comparable to NY unless Holland is back by that game.

Also i just want to point out that dallas has 12 more sacks than philly on the season so Mcnabb also should be running for his life.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;2502572 said:
Hugs aren't gonna help you any. Here. Let... me... slap... you... around... through... the... internet... some...

There! Now then, feel any better?

Thanks, I need that!

But, are you really confident? Are you not concerned just a tad?

:confused:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
dallas_112678;2502576 said:
Well if it makes you feel any better, the giants have 9 more sacks on the season than baltimore, so Romo shouldnt have nearly as much pressure on him as he did against NY, and Philly has 1 more sack on the year than NY so that game would be comparable to NY unless Holland is back by that game.

Also i just want to point out that dallas has 12 more sacks than philly on the season so Mcnabb also should be running for his life.

Like I said...I'm not one of the "sky is falling" type of guy. So maybe I better back off a little in how I'm thinking?

:starspin

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2502578 said:
Thanks, I need that!

But, are you really confident? Are you not concerned just a tad?

:confused:
I'm confident that Romo can escape Baltimore's pass rush if the plays do not require him to hold onto the ball more than 3-4 seconds. If he's holding onto the ball longer than that during the game, I'll start getting worried. A lot.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
If we can get to 17 or 20 points it's all over, the Ravens have no offense to speak of, especially a lack talent in the WR Corp and last week the FB McClain was the leading rusher.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2502593 said:
If we can get to 17 or 20 points it's all over, the Ravens have no offense to speak of, especially a lack talent in the WR Corp and last week the FB McClain was the leading rusher.

I guess my concern comes from the Ravens playing the Steelers tough. Although, so did the Cowboys.

But, after thinking about it, the Cowboys have a better offense then either of those teams, and a hell of a defense, too!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmishCowboy;2502593 said:

They've scored 17 or more in all but 3 games this year, and have rolled up 41, 37, 36, 34 points in blowout victories this year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am not really worried about the Ravens, not enough offense to hang with us.

However, I am very concerned about playing Philly at the Linc the last game of the season. The Eagles usually play pretty good at home and they might be in the hunt for a Wildcard if Atlanta and Tampa lose a game.

It is going to suck if we get eliminated from the playoffs by the freaking Eagles.