Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Lmao. We know we aren't signing him. He's just getting clicks
Seems to be the consensus. It's hard to overrule a franchise as well run as Baltimore and tell them they're wrong. Fish doesn't think it's happening and Shan and RJ are doubtful too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is about to go on the Fan now for those interested.

Supposedly he "wants" them to ask Earl questions and has permitted Dallas media to tweet on what he has to say (because practice is going on).
How do we know he wants this and is giving permission to tweet on what he says?

I'm not saying this is wrong. It sounds plausible given that Jerry likes to keep a buzz going about the Cowboys, and because tweets wouldn't say anything that can't be heard in the interview anyway, but it seems a bit odd that we would be given advance notice of what Jerry works out with the Fan prior to an interview.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He didn’t say no...didn’t say yes. Very non commital. Def sounds like they are evaluating. Jerry has worst phone connection I’ve ever heard - no joke

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
How likely is it that Earl signs with Philly?

All jokes about it being the "city of brotherly love" aside, that would make me sick.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ask yourself this question. Why in the hell do you care about what he's like in the locker room? Are you in there?

If he's an upgrade and can play and help a very questionable secondary with the latest FA a backup, do you care about anything else about him? If we can stomach Hardy, we can surely handle a guy that's a little off the rails but not a criminal type.

Personally, I only care what goes on on that field in a real game. Nothing else really matters. I gave up on that Cowboys wear white hats a long time ago.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question. Why in the hell do you care about what he's like in the locker room? Are you in there?

If he's an upgrade and can play and help a very questionable secondary with the latest FA a backup, do you care about anything else about him? If we can stomach Hardy, we can surely handle a guy that's a little off the rails but not a criminal type.

Personally, I only care what goes on on that field in a real game. Nothing else really matters. I gave up on that Cowboys wear white hats a long time ago.
Exactly. Stephen and Jerry have publicly acknowledged this week they've spent very little capital at the position. Two 6th round picks and two JAGs, specifically. If you see an opportunity to upgrade, you do it.

Is Jerry Jones all of a sudden above signing a player prone to an occasional distraction?

Carson

Reaction score

this is pretty much my opinion is well. I feel like we have a Super Bowl talented roster, but the safety position leaves a lot to desire. I mean do we really trust Darian Thompson to turn it around that much to be solid?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry just said this guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Rappaport probably spoke to the agent.

he reported this right after Mike Fisher said the same thing on the fan. He gets pumped info from Slater here so that is probably why he is off so much.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Ian responds, didn't want to get into a pissing contest on the Fan when Shan and RJ invited him on just now:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Ian responds, didn't want to get into a pissing contest on the Fan when Shan and RJ invited him on just now:

Ian. What about the tape on Dez that is worse then Rice punching his wife.These insiders never admit their mistakes.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lol it’s funny seeing rap sheet go back at jerry making it like he knows more than him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I bet you were a JGeezy Fan. Out with the old way of thinking. Back to the days we added key pieces to win rings. Even when they said we shouldn’t

I hope you didn't bet too much.

I had soured on Garrett incredibly the past 4-5 years.
Glad he's gone.

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry Jones, by his history, is just as interested in keeping the Dallas Cowboys name out there in a news cycle as he is in telling the truth about where he is with personnel. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys were out on this, but Jones still wants the Cowboys being talked about.

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry Jones, by his history, is just as interested in keeping the Dallas Cowboys name out there in a news cycle as he is in telling the truth about where he is with personnel. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys were out on this, but Jones still wants the Cowboys being talked about.

Bad publicity is STILL publicity. Or something like that, lol. :)