Ravens to make Big cuts

rojan

Reaction score
Well Demps is coming off an injury..Maybe we can get a bargin

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I do not see what the love is for Demps...
He has 4 lifetime INTs in 4 years and only 23 passed defensed in the 4 years...
That is 1 int for year and less than 6 PDs a year.
he has played in 57 games..

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
wileedog said:
McCallister will get a bigger contract then Henry. That's a boatload of money dumped into the backfield, and you still don't have a true FS.

I would not give over the keys to this guy...
I am thinking he has already gotten the big pay day and maybe he could be had for numbers in Henry's ballpark , if so he may be a bargain?

If it was going to be at a cost that we could not upgrade the pressing areas I would not do it...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Didnt McAlister just get a new contract a little over a year ago ? Something like 17M guaranteed ?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I think you need 3 good corners.
There are alot of teams running 3 WRs these days...

Newman, Henry, and Glenn. That's 3 very good corners right there. Reeves is becoming a very solid 3rd corner as well.

Having 3 good corners is fine - but you don't need to go crazy doing it. Along with the new deal Newman is going to get soon, we'd end up having nearly 20 million in salary tied up by 3 CBs -- that dog don't hunt.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I do not see what the love is for Demps...
He has 4 lifetime INTs in 4 years and only 23 passed defensed in the 4 years...
That is 1 int for year and less than 6 PDs a year.
he has played in 57 games..

ya see, here is where you are going wrong -- you are starting from the belief that you need to fill every hole with a super star. Demps isn't great. But he is a serious upgrade over the Davis-Pile tandem. Demps is average in coverage -- and just having an average player there would get the job done.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
abersonc said:
ya see, here is where you are going wrong -- you are starting from the belief that you need to fill every hole with a super star. Demps isn't great. But he is a serious upgrade over the Davis-Pile tandem. Demps is average in coverage -- and just having an average player there would get the job done.

I would rather draft for a safety....
Demps will get paid well , A little too well...
Lots of players that are average that play for good teams , get over paid when they leave...
Demps is known because he played on a great defense and he will be paid as if he was the reason they had a great Defense and in my opinion he benefited from the guys around him more than he contributed...

I think you have to draft the Wil Demps of the world and get in free agency the guys that you can not draft because they are picked in the top ten ...I am not saying that all superstars are picked in the top ten .. I am well aware that they are not .
What I am saying is you can get just an average player in second day of draft...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
I like Demps and I am gonna stay away from his site so it stays that way, lol.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) Hey Will, I just wanted to know what is your favorite color?[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] --fumnanya ikeneme, Baltimore, MD[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A)[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My favorite colors! WOW.. Good Question, I wouldn't say I don't have a favorite color but I do like earth tone colors. I think those colors are real pretty and they compliment a house real nicely.

Willy D.
[/FONT]

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH PEOPLE!!! We don't need McAlister IMO... we already have 3 good CBs leonargized... T-New, A Glenn, and Henry... A FS wouldn't hurt however... Ray Lewis... not interested... Do you think he's going to want to go back to the 3-4? He was crying when they ran it for that period in Balt... Will Demps... maybe...

rojan

Reaction score
Why would we need another corner....TNEW allready covers 1/4 of the world......Thanks Juke99

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
oh my :eek:

~fanning self~ He's CUTE!!!!

Man who knew what other teams hid under those helmets.. :D

Sign him up Jerruh!!!!!
:lmao2:

Hope the water's nice and cold.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
aardvark said:
NEWSFLASH PEOPLE!!! We don't need McAlister IMO... we already have 3 good CBs leonargized... T-New, A Glenn, and Henry... A FS wouldn't hurt however... Ray Lewis... not interested... Do you think he's going to want to go back to the 3-4? He was crying when they ran it for that period in Balt... Will Demps... maybe...

Glenn is in his last year and is getting up there in age....
I do not think we need anothe corner. It would be gravy....

players of that caliber aren't available often..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
:lmao2:

Hope the water's nice and cold.
:laugh2:

~still fanning self~ Whooey, he's luscious...

Good looking out BigDFan!!

Hope I don't need the cold water, if certain phone calls go thru.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murph80 said:
The Baltimore Ravens are about to cut ties with Wil Demps, Chris McAlister and Jamal Lewis. Also the Ravens are getting feelers on which teams are interested in aquiring Ray Lewis.

Wil Demps would fit in nicely in our Defense. Ray Lewis would be an unbelievable site in a Cowboys Uniform. But I doubt that would ever happen.
I'm interested in McAlister only. Maybe he will take a litle less considering how much he was paid the last 2 years.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Demps here would be too perfect..... We'd have the best secondary in the league.....

PrimeTime22

Reaction score
I don't think we need McCalister, and I don't want Lewis (too old, health problems).

I think Demps would be significant upgrade over Pile-Davis though.

_28

Reaction score
a recurring problem off the field may have been a factor as well, according to a team source.

I wouldn't make any move for McAlister until this alleged "recurring off the field problem" was thoroughly investigated. It's not the sort of thing a team that is looking to move an overpriced vet leaks for no good reason.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I'm interested in McAlister only. Maybe he will take a litle less considering how much he was paid the last 2 years.

sure .... I'm a player with my last chance at a huge FA deal. I'm going to take less money than I can make. Big Dog -- if you were his agent, you'd be fired.