Ray Lewis and Chris McAlister on the block?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Juke, I'm surprised. I didn't think you would see it this way.

McAlister is only in his 7th season. That's still prime time for him. As for Lewis, he's definatly getting a bit longer in the tooth but that may not be all bad. We have a lot of very young guys on our defense. A lot of guys who don't have a great deal of experience in a 34. Might not be so bad to have an older guy who knows where everybody is supposed to be lined up.

I thought McCalister was closer to 30...Glenn did a nice job last year...Unless McCalister can switch to FS...

Lewis...I simply don't want any part of a guy who isn't going be there when we are an elite team...

I guess what I'm saying is, I'd have no problem biting the bullet and watching us rebuild rather than trying to patch up things with older guys..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i think we are fine at CB, no need to put a high priced player there. and i hate the idea of moving a CB to FS, regardless of who it is...just my opinion

as for ray lew, i would love to have him here. no way do teams run us over in the 4th quarter up by 3 with him on the team, i think his emotional impact could be that strong.
only problem is that he would take a beating as a 3-4 MLB, and i dont think he can hack it. I remember one MNF game he played i think last year where he was complaining about being triple teamed, when it was just a guard every time.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Remember when the Chargers thought that Jr. Seau was done?

good arse point

I for one, think we could use Ray Ray for nothing other than the fact that he's a veteran, something we sorely missed with Dat and Al out hurt, and a locker-room leader

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Why not trade Glover straight up for McAlister? The dude is a talented CB and we could move Henry to FS. Glover will probably be cut anyway if he doesn't restrucuture.

what is with you guys and wanting to give up so much for a FS?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Juke, I'm surprised. I didn't think you would see it this way.

McAlister is only in his 7th season. That's still prime time for him. As for Lewis, he's definatly getting a bit longer in the tooth but that may not be all bad. We have a lot of very young guys on our defense. A lot of guys who don't have a great deal of experience in a 34. Might not be so bad to have an older guy who knows where everybody is supposed to be lined up.

great point, we suffered on D because of the tremendous youth in our LBs

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I thought McAlister was closer to 30...Glenn did a nice job last year...Unless McCalister can switch to FS...

Lewis...I simply don't want any part of a guy who isn't going be there when we are an elite team...

I guess what I'm saying is, I'd have no problem biting the bullet and watching us rebuild rather than trying to patch up things with older guys..

Well, as far as McAlister. He'll be 29 in June. And the question still stands...which of the Cowboys DB's are better then McAlister?

After '00 his int totals dropped because teams stopped throwing to his side. Does the drop in his int's make him a better coverage DB then Newman?

As a football fan, but more importantly as a Cowboys fan I'll never understand why some fans aren’t willing for the owners (JJ) to pay a premium on players who can play zero coverage and players who can get after the QB.

Juke, I must say that I'm a little disappointed in you're opinion about what could be Ray Lewis's contribution to the 2006 Cowboys. I think that with a little tweaking this off-season, this team can be an elite team in 2006. With the exception of Pitt, (who we should have beat last year, 2004), the Cowboys fought toe to toe with every team who played in their respective conference championship games. Denver, Seattle, & Carolina are teams that the Cowboys, did, could (and should) have W’s versus. I think that if healthy, which Lewis has been for most of his career, can be at the very least a productive contributor on a this defense and the emotional presence that this Cowboys team has been missing since those glory days.

In 2006 this Cowboys team can be an elite team.

Just my opinion my man

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
and left us with...

btw, I should have said one of the reasons was youth
Hey we will fix the LB's this off season so it is all good.

MDCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up anything for either of them.

Ray Lewis doesn't like to take on blockers, so he isn't a fit for the 3-4. Plus he is in decline.

McAllister has character issues. He has been suspended by the team a couple of times and has been busted for weed and drunk driving.

I would like to see the Cowboys get another CB and move Henry to FS. The CB that I think the Cowboys should get in FA is Nate Clements.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Top Ravens’ stars could be shopped… There have been some quiet rumblings that Baltimore could be willing to trade one or both of defensive stars Ray Lewis and Chris McAlister as part of major overhaul of the Ravens’ roster.

How much would you give for one or both of them?

nothing to be honest...Ray Lewis hasnt been good for two yrs now and is a freaking thug, plus he is getting old

McCalister is coming off a so-so yr and has had his share of troubles as well, not to mention the fact that we have 3 good CB's already on the roster (two of which played better than McCalister this yr)

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I think you could make room for a player who is better than any other DB on the current roster.

I also think Lewis has 4-5 good years in him. Remember when the Chargers thought that Jr. Seau was done?

I think you are watching your Madden football too much

McCalister wasnt better than Newman or Henry last yr, and is older than both, plus he has had alot of issues off the field and in the lockerroom

Lewis hasnt been good for two yrs now and is a pure thug

David

cujo

Reaction score
lshaver22 said:
A worn out cassette of "Hysteria" from Def Leppard and my lucky flannel boxers (after they’ve been washed, of course).
\

Dude, are you crazy? Keep the Def Lep cassette and just offer the boxers. Ray Lewis is washed up and can't stay healthy. And we have good corners so unless he's willing to play FS for cheap (not likely) we don't need him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Interesting to me that so many would play McAlister at Safety rather then Henry. Some may recall, Henry came into the league as a FS with Cleveland. A season in which Henry had 10 Interceptions while playing Safety. In his other 4 season combined, at CB, he has only manged 10 ints combined.

I guess I'm just not getting the big picture here but to me, in the unlikely event we were able to sign McAlister, Henry would be the logical choice at FS as opposed to McAlister. JMO