Ray Ray in Big D?

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
There's a rumor swirling around work that Baltimore sports radio was saying Ray Lewis probably won't be re-signed by the Ravens and that he has publically said he would like to play for Parcells if he becomes a free agent. Has anyone heard anything like this?? Sorry to contribute to the ever growing rumor mill, but now that Bill signed, I figured we would be starving for a little contraversy.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
i haven't heard that, but something i have heard lewis say was that he didn't like playing the 3-4 defense because he doesn't like taking on so many blocks, really really doubt it'll happen

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyDan said:
There's a rumor swirling around work that Baltimore sports radio was saying Ray Lewis probably won't be re-signed by the Ravens and that he has publically said he would like to play for Parcells if he becomes a free agent. Has anyone heard anything like this?? Sorry to contribute to the ever growing rumor mill, but now that Bill signed, I figured we would be starving for a little contraversy.
I've heard the part about he might not be back in B-more. Not the part about playing for Tuna.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyDan said:

:bang2:

Here we go. Typical offseason thread. Doesn't every NFL free agent want to play for Parcells and the Cowboys?

Mods, can we please sticky and Official NFL Free Agent Thread? This would save the typical threads of "Should we sign...", and "such and such wants to be a Cowboy'.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I've heard the part about he might not be back in B-more. Not the part about playing for Tuna.
I've also heard this but it wouldn't surprise me he would want to play for tuna I mean he lets old players play enen past their prime.....But hey I think we need some canes on this team if for no other reason the attitude they normally bring as long as he's got his crime streak out of his system..... :D

jksmith269

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
:bang2:

Here we go. Typical offseason thread. Doesn't every NFL free agent want to play for Parcells and the Cowboys?

Mods, can we please sticky and Official NFL Free Agent Thread? This would save the typical threads of "Should we sign...", and "such and such wants to be a Cowboy'.
Stop your crying it's a msg board and it's our offseason so let people speculate who they want and or don't want..... :rolleyes:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I've also heard this but it wouldn't surprise me he would want to play for tuna I mean he lets old players play enen past their prime.....But hey I think we need some canes on this team if for no other reason the attitude they normally bring as long as he's got his crime streak out of his system..... :D

Riddle me this...do Miami Hurricanes ever get rid of their crime streaks?

I mean, one of them even got arrested after getting his arse beaten to the ground by an LSU player after the Peach Bowl. This took place in the tunnel after the game.

Sore losers. Talk about injury to insult. :laugh2:

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
I would love to see Ray Lewis, arguably one of the best LB's in the league on our team.

parchy

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
I would love to see Ray Lewis, arguably one of the best LB's in the league on our team.

Me too. I'm not putting my foot down on any player this off-season. T.O., Ray, I don't care - if they want to play, bring 'em in!

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
parchy said:
Me too. I'm not putting my foot down on any player this off-season. T.O., Ray, I don't care - if they want to play, bring 'em in!

amen!!!!!!!!!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:

Used to be. Not anymore.

Everyone cries about Rivera and what a bad pickup he was. But then we all turn around and wanted someone else who is on the downside of his career? A guy who hates playing in the 3-4? A guy who isn't exactly the kind of high character player we've been focusing on?

Come on.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Baltimore switched out of the 3-4 because Stabbin' Ray didn't like it. From the center of the defense he could pile on at the end of a play, get credit for a tackle to pad his stats. The 3-4 put him a few yards away from a legit pile-on half the time.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

I mean, one of them even got arrested after getting his arse beaten to the ground by an LSU player after the Peach Bowl. This took place in the tunnel after the game.

We need some dangerous cats on this team. Nobody is scared of us! ;)

jksmith269

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

To my knowledge no one got arrested after the peach bowl but the LSU player should have. A Cane player was walking off the field with one of the game balls and the guy came over and tried to take it from him when he wouldn't give it to him another player from LSU started swinging his helment which knocked out two Cane players. LSU players had no business being on the Cane sideline and tunell entrance. LSU was solely to blame for that. So I wouldn't call them sore losers they didn't start the fight.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
WOOO WOOO the pain train's comin' baby!!! ... WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v303/aardvark69/ttt.jpg

VThokie7

Reaction score
There is a pretty big hurdle with Ray Lewis still being under contract by the Ravens. The problem in Baltimore is Ray Lewis thinks the team should give himi a new contract, despite signing one not so long ago. He has atleast 3-4 years left under his current contract, and I don't see the Ravens giving him a new deal with his injuries and declining play.

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Ray is toast- no good anymore and questionable heart at this point too.
With comments like this I really HAVE to wonder if some of you that make these comments even WATCH football. Ray Lewis - no HEART ????? You cant be serious.