Ray Rice entering draft.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Nothing shocking. DBs and RBs are the strengths of this year's draft.

funkytown

Reaction score
WR is pretty strong too...Although there doesnt seem to be any top 10 talent...There is pretty good depth. Alot of depth in rounds 2 and 3. But one of these guys that is looked at as a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now, will run a sub 4.4 forty and jump into the top of the draft.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1888067 said:
he's a senior thats not surprising.

He had another year of eligibility left, so there was some speculation on whether or not he would turn pro.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BoysfaninVegas;1888145 said:
He had another year of eligibility left, so there was some speculation on whether or not he would turn pro.

he's been their 4 years isn't he going 2 graduate ?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I really liked Rice. He is, without question, a guy I would be looking at if I were the now departed Scouting Dept.
:D

Hong2221

Reaction score
I am a Rutgers student and as a cowboys fan I would love to have him. Him and Barber would be an unstoppable team.

Bobo

Reaction score
A Cowboys site and no one has made the popular comparison the Emmit yet. Is it taboo? :p

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bobo;1889992 said:
A Cowboys site and no one has made the popular comparison the Emmit yet. Is it taboo? :p

It has been made several times on this board. I have not watched him enough to make that comparison. A good thing is that he won't have to be as good as Emmitt because Dallas will continue to use a two back system.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This is going to be one of the best, if not the best, drafts for RBs of all-time. McFadden, K Smith, Charles, C Johnson, Rice, Mendenhall, Choice, Slaton, Bernard, Savage, Stewart, etc......a very deep and very talented bunch.

Also, the CB class looks very deep. This could be one of the better CB classes of all time.

The WR class is deep as well. There is a lot of talent out there, and at least 10-12 of these guys are potential 1-3 round prospects.

Ironically, 3 of our biggest needs are RB, CB, and WR....thankfully this draft has the quality depth we need to address all 3 positions.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Biggems;1890215 said:
This is going to be one of the best, if not the best, drafts for RBs of all-time. McFadden, K Smith, Charles, C Johnson, Rice, Mendenhall, Choice, Slaton, Bernard, Savage, Stewart, etc......a very deep and very talented bunch.

Also, the CB class looks very deep. This could be one of the better CB classes of all time.

The WR class is deep as well. There is a lot of talent out there, and at least 10-12 of these guys are potential 1-3 round prospects.

Ironically, 3 of our biggest needs are RB, CB, and WR....thankfully this draft has the quality depth we need to address all 3 positions.

Slaton's coming back, or did he reconsider?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
There's no sense in mortgaging the future to move up for McFadden when a very good RB will be available to us with our picks.

I would like Mendenhall at #22.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Avery;1890520 said:
There's no sense in mortgaging the future to move up for McFadden when a very good RB will be available to us with our picks.

I would like Mendenhall at #22.

i wouldn't want 2 see ne1 else in #22

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1890732 said:
i wouldn't want 2 see ne1 else in #22

Not sure if you are referring to Emmitt's old number, but I'm talking about at 22nd overall.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I always compared Rice's running style to Emmitt. Ironically I was just thinking that years from know someone will be asking how did that guy drop to #22. And what was team xxxx thinking drafting the bust McFadden top 3.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I consider him the second best RB in the draft behind McFadden and I would love to see him wearing the star next season.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rice also knows how to hit a hole - he has a burst when he needs it. MB3 and RR - Wow what a backfield.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgYSTLIdLg0

Watch all of this on Rice - you are going to see a 5-9 200 back that is explosive, quick, great vision, strong especially in legs, gets in end zone.

Detractors will point that he is not NFL Fast, he is run down a few times in these clips. May be some size detractors.

All the same knocks on Emmitt Smith. And todays training staffs can coach up speed some in NFL - See TO

I'll be stoked if we draft RR.

marchetta

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1891328 said:
I consider him the second best RB in the draft behind McFadden and I would love to see him wearing the star next season.

You are absolutely right. I consider him the 2nd best RB in this draft after DMac, but it wouldn't surprise me if RR has the better, and longer, career. DMac is over 6 feet tall, and has those skinny long legs, while RR is compact with HUGE thighs (ala Emmitt). He has less surface area to hit, so he's going to be far more durable.

Nors;1891454 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgYSTLIdLg0

Watch all of this on Rice - you are going to see a 5-9 200 back that is explosive, quick, great vision, strong especially in legs, gets in end zone.

Detractors will point that he is not NFL Fast, he is run down a few times in these clips. May be some size detractors.

All the same knocks on Emmitt Smith. And todays training staffs can coach up speed some in NFL - See TO

I'll be stoked if we draft RR.

These are some of the same points I've been pointing out on RR. He is a complete RB, with little holes in his game. He has the perfect RB's body (according to BP). Eventhough he won't run a 4.40 40, he's faster than Emmitt. Also, the player in the vid that ran him down from behind was Pitts Darrell Revis (Jets' #1 CB). Darrell has elite speed even at the NFL level, so RR gets a pass on that. Frankly, I'm hoping we shore up our CB position in FA, and come out of the 1st round with Ray Rice (Emmitt clone) and Limas Sweed (Irvin clone). If that happened, I'd move to Dallas just to watch them play. :bow: