Ray Rice entering draft.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
if we dont persue dmac i think we should go for him or slaton. i like rice alot and think he would be a good fit

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
When analyzing College RB's you have to be real careful. Especially what running schemes they have. McFadden ran a lot of gimmicky plays (qb) where he often had wide open holes to exploit. When thing were more controlled he struggles, and in the NFL they are bigger and faster.

Thats where I think Rice's leg strength, vision and quickness will be better served.

Few Arkie games I watched the other RB looked better to my eyes than McFadden.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
ray would be a great fit and thats really who i want and we won't have to give the farm for hm

Reaction score
I definately wouldnt mind RR having a star on his helmet. I know Jon Stewart from Oregon declared for the draft yesterday.

I would like Stewart more but would be happy with either! This year is pretty stacked on RB's if we take one with #22 we should have a nice group to choose from still. Rice, Slaton, Stewart, Mendenhall, Felix Jones. Im glad DMac is out of reach he could deffinately be great for years to come but Im to skeptical about him in the pro's.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;1893934 said:
I definately wouldnt mind RR having a star on his helmet. I know Jon Stewart from Oregon declared for the draft yesterday.

I would like Stewart more but would be happy with either! This year is pretty stacked on RB's if we take one with #22 we should have a nice group to choose from still. Rice, Slaton, Stewart, Mendenhall, Felix Jones. Im glad DMac is out of reach he could deffinately be great for years to come but Im to skeptical about him in the pro's.

i agree i don't know to much about stewart so i cant have an oppinion on him:thumbup:

marchetta

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;1893569 said:
if we dont persue dmac i think we should go for him or slaton. i like rice alot and think he would be a good fit

Slaton hasn't announced he's entering the draft. There are rumors that he's actually going to remain at WVU. Slaton isn't viewed by most "experts" as a true NFL RB. He's considered a Reggie Bush type RB that can only carry it a limited number of times. He just doesn't have a RB's body. Many NFL people are projecting him as a slot WR or a tweener w/o a true position. Many scouts expect him to drop out of the 1st rd all together, and may not be picked until the mid-2nd rd. Therefore, I think he's going to go back to WVU, put on some weight/muscle, and try to prove he's a RB. That would be the only logical reason he's going back considering he's going to have to battle super sophomore Noel Devine for PT.

marchetta

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;1893958 said:
i agree i don't know to much about stewart so i cant have an oppinion on him:thumbup:

I haven't watched much of Stewart. From what I've read, he has a great size/speed ratio. However, some question his toughness. I'm not sure if this criticism is a result of his play or his demeanor. I've heard him speaking in interviews, and he comes across as an articulate, intelligent, soft spoken person. He just doesn't have a tough guy affect in his speech or mannerisms. This, along with the fact he's not a bruising runner, despite his size, may give the impression to some that he's soft. That's all I know about him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I have seen enough taape on Steve Slaton, he is a RB.

In this draft class he might be better served spending another year in college and running, lifting and just being a kid while getting a degree. If I was a coach and he doesn't carry a 1st round grade I'd advise him to come back and improve himself.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would love to have a MB3 and Ray Rice backfield.

Please just keep piling on the weapons for Romo to play with ..... thats all I ask.

marchetta

Reaction score
Nors;1894476 said:
I have seen enough taape on Steve Slaton, he is a RB.

In this draft class he might be better served spending another year in college and running, lifting and just being a kid while getting a degree. If I was a coach and he doesn't carry a 1st round grade I'd advise him to come back and improve himself.

Have you seen his body (No homo)? He's a college RB, but he doesn't have the body of a NFL RB. He couldn't carry it more than 10x a game and last a full season. JMHO.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
marchetta;1894746 said:
Have you seen his body (No homo)? He's a college RB, but he doesn't have the body of a NFL RB. He couldn't carry it more than 10x a game and last a full season. JMHO.

I've watched him run for years, reminds me of TD
He could use another year in weight room and working with the trainers. He's NFL fast already

marchetta

Reaction score
Nors;1894989 said:
I've watched him run for years, reminds me of TD
He could use another year in weight room and working with the trainers. He's NFL fast already

"West Virginia junior RB Steve Slaton announced earlier today that he will be skipping his senior season and entering the 2008 draft where he was projected to be a second round pick by the NFL's special advisory committee."

- gbnreport.com

Again, he's considered a tweener by many/most scouts. He may be a great college RB, but he doesn't project as a NFL RB. He doesn't have the size, or body type, that lends itself well for a #1 RB. However, he'd make a great 3rd down RB if used the way NE uses Faulk.