RB market is drying up pretty quick

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Is it that particular player, or the total salary Dallas is willing to invest in the position?

Big D

Reaction score
I think the focus should be up front on the line. That will maximize the potential of any RB we end up with.

ICP

Reaction score
Everybody should relax, we have Vaughn and if Dowdle can't get at least 4 mil a year with another club Dallas probably will re-sign him! now that's a championship-caliber backfield, especially running behind our re-vamped OL!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Everybody should relax, we have Vaughn and if Dowdle can't get at least 4 mil a year with another club Dallas probably will re-sign him! now that's a championship-caliber backfield, especially running behind our re-vamped OL!!
I'm with you, now don't forget Malik Davis and Snoop.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Foreman would actually be a signing that I could stomach. He is younger than Zeke which surprised me. I thought he was almost 30. It seems like he has been in the league forever. Pair him with Hines and lets rock.

exciter

Reaction score
Looking at my cheat sheet, def not much left out there but I have to believe MM has a strong hand here. In other words, I can't imagine them not willing to sign an RB of his choice for under $10M, especially if he stands on the table.
Lol, why would McCarthy be on a table asking for a 10m RB? He runs a pass first (run off the pass) offense. He’s consistently gotten 1000-1100 yards, 4ypc off middling RBs ranging from 3rd round to UDFAs. Hell, he even converted a WR in season and made him the talk of the NFL for a season and a half. More likely, McCarthy is telling Jerry he can get the same production from a 5th as the did with Pollard last season, which is fairly consistent with the RB production he got in Green Bay.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the Joneses…they convinced me to come on and sign with the Cowboys. I think they said something like 2 years $21,000 with $150 guaranteed, discounted binocular-level seats and 2 boiled hot dogs…(I may have to pay for the mustard tho, I’ll check on it)

as soon as I finish up these reports at my cubicle, I'll hop on a plane (Spirit) and head on down to Dallas…y’all think medical gonna trip about my plate and 10 screws in my leg? Britt Brown will get me right!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Looks like we’re going to really put the ‘any RB will be fine’ theory to the test. Weird that other teams don’t feel this way. Specially the one that just ran all over them!
We will draft one and sign a vet after the draft that nobody wanted.

Jeruh will attempt to do some kind of marketing sales pitch to make it appear to be sexy.

Welcome back ZEKE!!!

Remember it is a passing league. We don't need no stinking running backs.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Look for a dark horse candidate at rb who will be super cheap, gonna throw Clyde Edward’s name out there (chiefs 1st rounder) who is a unrestricted fa now
Ran a 4.6 and shouldnt have been a 1st. Taylor was the pick and yet the chiefs still win

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Whichever rookie going to get it, going to come in with some huge expectations. Hoping Julius Jones type situation at worse.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They'll probably roll with dowdle and day 2 draft pick....or maybe even snoop conner dog (that dude on the PS)...

Jimbo123

Reaction score
RUNNING BACKS
1. Josh Jacobs (Signs with Packers/NFL Network)
2. Saquon Barkley (Signs with Eagles; 3 years, $37.5 million)
3. Tony Pollard (Signs with Titans; 3 years, $24 million/Aaron Wilson)
4. D’Andre Swift (Signs with Bears; 3 years, $24 million/NFL Network)
5. Derrick Henry (Signs with Raven; 2 years, $16 million)
6. Austin Ekeler (Signs with Commanders; 2 years, $11.43 million/ESPN)
7. Devin Singletary (Signs with Giants/NFL Network)
8. Zack Moss (Signs with Bengals;2 years, $8 million/ESPN)
9. Gus Edwards (Signs with Chargers; 2 years, $6.5 million/NFL Network)
10. J.K. Dobbins
Others: Aaron Jones (Signs with Vikings; 1 year, $7 million/NFL Network) A.J. Dillon; Antonio Gibson (Signs with Patriots; 2 years/NFL Network) Alexander Mattison; Dalvin Cook; Ezekiel Elliott; D’Onta Foreman; Damien Harris; Kareem Hunt; Clyde Edwards-Helaire; Cam Akers; Cordarrelle Patterson; Mike Burton (Re-signs with Browns; 1 year/NFL Network) Jakob Johnson; Keith Smith; Chase Edmonds (Re-signs with Bucs/1 year/ESPN).