RELEASED RB Ronald Jones Released

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't think this was a surprise to anyone. We kind of saw this coming when he got suspended.
Agree.

I had hopes for him.

He was the only other vet RB we had.

Maybe they can pick up another RB.

RIco is not the answer in the red zone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He got one carry. Which is still better than Roland and everyone’s darling Deucs who had 8 yds on 6 carries.
Deuce is our 3rd string back the fact you’re even comparing him to Swift is crazy lol…..but my point is they thought so highly of Swift they have him one carry and it took Gainwell to get hurt in order for him to get Carrie’s.

kevm3

Reaction score
We definitely need to get a backup rb. I like the explosiveness I saw from Dowdle in the limited snaps I've seen him in, but I really don't feel secure in our run game if Pollard goes down. At that point, Dowdle will be the bell-cow with Deuce sprinkled in. Deuce has shown he can make some plays but I don't know if I'd trust giving him 30% of the carries right now especially since his size limits him in terms of blocking.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You mean the fact he wasn't available when we were on the clock matters?

:laugh:
Yes excellent reply, all I was saying is that RBs like Roschon in the 4th round are always excellent value and worth the value at that stage in the draft all day.
Watch how good RJ is going to be in a very short time, he never got the attention behind Bijan and why should he have.
Bears got a really solid RB in the 4th with the 13th, watch this kid show how much untapped talent he has, very high ceiling for that kid.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes excellent reply, all I was saying is that RBs like Roschon in the 4th round are always excellent value and worth the value at that stage in the draft all day.
Watch how good RJ is going to be in a very short time, he never got the attention behind Bijan and why should he have.
Bears got a really solid RB in the 4th with the 13th, watch this kid show how much untapped talent he has, very high ceiling for that kid.
The Cowboys were interested in him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We definitely need to get a backup rb. I like the explosiveness I saw from Dowdle in the limited snaps I've seen him in, but I really don't feel secure in our run game if Pollard goes down. At that point, Dowdle will be the bell-cow with Deuce sprinkled in. Deuce has shown he can make some plays but I don't know if I'd trust giving him 30% of the carries right now especially since his size limits him in terms of blocking.
You feel insecure about our running game because we have only seen 2 weeks, but there is literally no where on this roster that we could fit an available current FA worthy RB on this roster without a move.

This staff is very confident with our current RB situation, we haven't even begun to showcase the depth.

Don't be nervous about the youth at the position, RBs/FBs grow up quick in this league, especially in this backfield situation, Zeke is gone so there is room for a RB to run hard and prove that they are worthy of game day roster.

Versatility at the RB position for once, and depth is something foreign to most Cowboys fans, and we have that now, and it's freaking out a bunch of defensive coordinators around the league, everyone on our schedule.

Versatility skillset is what gives Dallas backfield an advantage, lets let this season develop, we have just verily introduced Lupeke to the league yet.