Twitter: RB stat with Pollard at the top, and Zeke near the bottom

diamonddelts

Reaction score
TP was of course better than Zeke last year, but this stat is wildly dependent on usage, and the presentation exaggerates the difference.

Backs who get short yardage and goalline carries are always going to rank low on these types of things. A 1-yard touchdown run, for instance, is a 0 on this chart.
Because there are no other starting backs who only specialize in the two aforementioned activities. That just means you are washed and no longer an rb1.

A runningback can either tote the rock or they can't.There are no starting running backs that are only for between the twenties. That is a fallacy invented here.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most are not arguing the pedestrian years that Zeke had. The argument is how ignorant some are of his contributions to the team overall.

I am a Zeke fan, but I wanted him and Dak off the team. Past contributions are great, but the NFL is not a stagnant league.

T-RO

Reaction score
Get back to me after we see what these other backs do. It could be better, but it also could be worse.
Huh? Do you understand what "yards over expectation per carry" means?

Think this was the first year Pollard and Zeke were on opposite ends of the chart?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Think this was the first year Pollard and Zeke were on opposite ends of the chart?
giphy.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Most are not arguing the pedestrian years that Zeke had. The argument is how ignorant some are of his contributions to the team overall.

I am a Zeke fan, but I wanted him and Dak off the team. Past contributions are great, but the NFL is not a stagnant league.
Facts.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We don’t need stats to confirm that Zeke was not good anymore.

Just watch the games.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m not a Zeke homer, but this by no means, accounts for situational football.

Pollard is by far the better RB, but the Pollard homers better brace for this stat to drop significantly if the Cowboys plan to use Pollard like they did Zeke.

Pollard obviously is more explosive and can break off the long runs.. but if he’s asked to get a majority of the obvious short distance “dirty” yards like Zeke was good at.. well, Pollard will get run into the ground like Zeke.

There’s really no reason to crap on Zeke at this point. He was awesome for a few years and wore down..there’s a reason why most teams just draft another RB after 3-4yrs of good production.

Hopefully MM has a better plan for the run game that doesn’t included ramming Pollard directly into the OL every first down.
I don’t think you understand the stat in the tweet then. That takes into account down, distance, and personnel groupings.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Do you understand that there are some really bad backs out there? We don't know what a bargain-basement signing will do. We don't know what a late-round draft choice will do. We don't know what a couple of UDFAs will do. Some of these type players don't even prove worthy of being on an NFL field. No doubt that Zeke's play really went down last year, especially at the end of the year, but it still could be better than the cheap shots Dallas took to replace him.

Now, Pollard, the only question with him is his return from injury. And there's little doubt that we needed to move on from Elliott. But there's a lot of doubt about the choices that we've made in moving on from him. Luckily, he didn't set a real high bar last year for them to have to get above, but I don't know if equal to or slightly better than Elliott of last year is exactly what we want or need, either.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Zeke was a monster comming into the league and carried a workload over a couple years we have not seen in a while...Zeke got paid for it and then the workload and injuries caught up with him... you can appreciate what Zeke did AND understand that he doesnt "Fill a short yardage & blocking need" that literally is made up by this FO to keep a back who is now not productive but has a huge salary on the field....I love Zeke but dont fool yourself TP had no problems picking up a yard when needed, he might even get you 50 while doing it. Kinda like Zeke when he was a productive back....