RB trade proposal w/Jets

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Making a trade for a 4th rounder that you would use for a RB for the next 3 years on a rookie contract is on a future plan that still fits with an organized rebuild.
Makes no sense. If it’s truly a rebuild you would want a rookie rb for 4 years. Makes more sense to draft a guy next year then trade for a back another team doesn’t want when he will 2 years left on his deal.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Makes no sense. If it’s truly a rebuild you would want a rookie rb for 4 years. Makes more sense to draft a guy next year then trade for a back another team doesn’t want when he will 2 years left on his deal.
Well I mean what you say makes less sense than what would more likely be a benefit for cap, draft and total rebuilding process if you take into account the years of Israel’s projected yards per carry and previous draft status. Divide that by cost per yard and the year missing with what a draft choice will cost you against cap and you can easily see how your plan for the Dallas Cowboys is now but even more so in the future impact of the dollar-cost average of the RB in the 3rd round in 2026 relatively speaking flawed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We won’t make a trade for an RB until we see a problem during the season. The plan is probably to go with what we have and what may become available during the summer cuts and see how it goes.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
And it would be the right thing to do (if it happens that way). Don't invent any picks into an RB this year. There will guys available for free who are worth a fifth oder sixth pick.

Focus on the o line geling together and see what they've got. See what the younger WRs got. Restructure the defense into a system, that is ready when the DTs from next years draft.

Change the culture to "mean". Don't have to win 12 games, but make every game a friggin unpleasant experience for the opponent.

So much to do... RB can be left unaddressed for now imo..
I agree that Dallas will wait for roster cuts and see if a team makes a cost-effective cut with a vet for them to sign. If there is not an upgrade ant RB available, I would go after Israel - yea start with a 6th and be willing to give a 4th or 5th.

LittleD

Reaction score
If Dallas wants a RB that has been cut when the season starts, they will wait till week 2 so that any contract would not be guaranteed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bass is an undrafted guard type with potential starting ability. Let’s not overstate his value. Tackles are more valuable on OL.

Dallas has enough guards with his ability and Nathaniel Thomas is likely to be 2nd starting RG at the end training camp behind Zmartin.

I’ll take the trade now and not think twice about Bass. Israel can be a starting RB in a year and definitely the gap for Pollard’s explosiveness now which missing.
I have zero issue with ever gaining fair value in a trade, just saying I'm open to it, Jerry pays his McClays well to make these decisions.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They drafted Braelon Allen and Isaiah Davis. Not sure they go 4 deep at RB
I understand where you are coming from, it could very well be other options opening up as well when you look at RB surplus league wide.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Israel Abandinkanda - 5th round pick that is not going to see action - was a 3/4 round projection in 2023. .

Give the Jets a 2025 5th.

Israel 5’11 at 211 ran 4.3 and is an explosive one cut runner. Different from what’s in the RB room at the moment yet won’t cost you much in $$ with reasonable upside.
youre using too much logic. We dont do logic

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
This type of activity would require competence in our FO. Not gonna happen until an, as of now, an unborn Jones takes the reins.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I loved Izzy in last years draft. Should've made it happen then. If we're talking about Jets RBs though, I'm inquiring hard about Breece Hall. Their RB room is crowded and considering they took another two backs this draft, I think he could be had for a 2 or 3. Start with a 4 and see if they bite.

Hidden cam catches Rodgers reaction...

1155bfcc73e5c0fed49bd34e2bc38815.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
We won’t make a trade for an RB until we see a problem during the season. The plan is probably to go with what we have and what may become available during the summer cuts and see how it goes.
Exactly I think people fail to realize how many players are gonna be cut during training camp and then the cut down in preseason...

there's gonna be a lot of good backs out there that are going to be out on the numbers game...

I don't still understand how The Jets drafted so many running backs when they already had a frontline starter.... so they're gonna have to let somebody go...

I mean we saw de Andre Hopkins and cook just flat out released, no trades and they got to go wherever they wanted there's going to be some running backs even some defensive tackles the Cowboys can pick up without having to trade for them...

I don't get why the fan base thinks the offseason team building is over because they didn't get to see what they wanted on their timetable, it will happen and at worst it'll be like the amari Cooper year 2018 you start out rough you know it's the position you need the most you go make a trade..

they will do it I mean I think the Joneses have done it they just don't do it on a regular basis...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Making a trade for a 4th rounder that you would use for a RB for the next 3 years on a rookie contract is on a future plan that still fits with an organized rebuild.
It does fit with a rebuild, and that only points to their determination to push Dak to take a trade this year.

It just would not have cost significant resources to significantly upgrade at RB. Instead, Ewok.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Exactly I think people fail to realize how many players are gonna be cut during training camp and then the cut down in preseason...

there's gonna be a lot of good backs out there that are going to be out on the numbers game...

I don't still understand how The Jets drafted so many running backs when they already had a frontline starter.... so they're gonna have to let somebody go...

I mean we saw de Andre Hopkins and cook just flat out released, no trades and they got to go wherever they wanted there's going to be some running backs even some defensive tackles the Cowboys can pick up without having to trade for them...

I don't get why the fan base thinks the offseason team building is over because they didn't get to see what they wanted on their timetable, it will happen and at worst it'll be like the amari Cooper year 2018 you start out rough you know it's the position you need the most you go make a trade..

they will do it I mean I think the Joneses have done it they just don't do it on a regular basis...
If you want to build your roster with guys cut by other teams that’s your business. Just remember they are the scraps.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why would the Jets trade a RB they just got last year for a 6th rounder?

Teams need 3 or 4 RBs. Why would they do this?

Another proposed trade that is 100% pro Dallas, without taking into consideration that the trade has to actually make sense for the OTHER team.