Re-signing Randy Gregory will be yet another FA mistake by the Front-Office

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Of those 21 free agents, ESPN ranks five of them in their Top 50 NFL free agents list for 2022. Cowboys players represent 1/10th of the list

15. Randy Gregory
23. Dalton Schultz
33. Connor Williams
40. Michael Gallup
45. Leighton Vader Esch

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ings-espn-randy-gregory-dalton-schultz-gallup

Scary, especially when we're already $19m over the 2022 ($208m CAP) before even looking at those. I realize we can restructure (those already problematic contracts), but we do have to seriously entertain trading/cutting Coop and DLaw (and then prob Zeke 2023).

CCBoy

Reaction score
Scary, especially when we're already $19m over the 2022 ($208m CAP) before even looking at those. I realize we can restructure (those already problematic contracts), but we do have to seriously entertain trading/cutting Coop and DLaw (and then prob Zeke 2023).
Both retensions and releases are possibilities...so, noted, lol.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gregory ranked 6th among defensive linemen with 7 penalties this year. The most for any linemen was 9.

On the other hand, we had 3 offensive linemen in the top 10 for penalties. Williams #1, Biadasz #8, and Collins at #9. This whole team needs better discipline.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Gregory ranked 6th among defensive linemen with 7 penalties this year. The most for any linemen was 9.

On the other hand, we had 3 offensive linemen in the top 10 for penalties. Williams #1, Biadasz #8, and Collins at #9. This whole team needs better discipline.
A better stat might be penalties per game, since Gregory missed some.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
I'm on the resign side... RG is one of the reasons the defense was good for the first time in a very long time. I'd like to keep as many players from last year and fix our o-line and eliminate penalties as a team

Gorgon

Reaction score
Re-signing this guy to a market value contract will be a huge mistake. Dude is too inconsistent, commits boneheaded penalties, and is totally unreliable.

Unless he wants to come back for the minimum, move on. Giving him a big contract would be along the lines of the Jaylon Smith, Demarcus Lawerence, and Nolan Caroll.

Dude has been in the league for 7 years and has 16.5 sacks (yes i know he has missed some seasons). Id much rather give whatever he is slated to make to Von Miller, but we know this FO doesnt believe in bringing in high priced FAs, just to turn around and overpay our overrated players.

Move on
Agree.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory is one of Jerry's favorite reclamation projects. He even got that rule changed so randy could pass his drug tests. One day, the Hallmark channel is going to make a movie about this.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
possible but I think other areas must be addressed so in my view we lose one of the DE but are able to sign say Kearse to a longer term deal. I think Kearse play this year should be rewarded with a longer term deal.

Kearse had some really impressive coverage stats when singled up on TEs this season.
The play he made on the ball vs. Jared Cook which was incorrectly called a PI and should have been an INT, was one of the best plays of the year IMO.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd like to keep, if we get a reasonable deal.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have got to start getting rid of the dumb, knucklehead players. Letting Randy Gregory walk would be a good start.