Readers Digest: Whats your latest read?

Praxit

Reaction score
...I usually read 3 books at a time. Feels good to shift mental gears around. Books are like that.

The Founder, Mr. McDonald's (Ray Albert Croc) ...second time reading this.
Blink, about split second decisions (Malcom Gladwell)
Texas Ranger, Frank Hamer story. (John Boessenecker ) ..he's the fellow who killed Bonnie N Clyde

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Familiar: Volume 1, Mark Z. Danielewski
Followed by The Proud Highway, Hunter S. Thompson

About to hit Elric of Melnibone by the guy who wrote it.
I don't want to walk upstairs to check... Moorcock?
Michael Moorcock.
I think.

Had been on a Chuck Palahniuk binge for a bit before.
His travel guide to Portland, OR is the tits.

rags

Reaction score
Reading Redemption, Book 1 of the Ryan Drake series, by Will Jordan. Good thriller novel.

Praxit

Reaction score
The Elegant Universe , by Brian Green.
..hey, this one sounds good. Nothing like taking a step beyond science and venturing further.

It has over 3000 marks on Amazon. Which means people are interested in these theories.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
..hey, this one sounds good. Nothing like taking a step beyond science and venturing further.

It has over 3000 marks on Amazon. Which means people are interested in these theories.
It's fairly old at this point (1999, if I'm not mistaken), but if you're interested in String Theory, Astrophysics, and a little (pun intended) Quantum Mechanics, it's a great read.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually started reading a Richard Dawkins book recently, but I just find myself tuning in to the idiot box instead.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
The Familiar: Volume 1, Mark Z. Danielewski
Followed by The Proud Highway, Hunter S. Thompson

About to hit Elric of Melnibone by the guy who wrote it.
I don't want to walk upstairs to check... Moorcock?
Michael Moorcock.
I think.

Had been on a Chuck Palahniuk binge for a bit before.
His travel guide to Portland, OR is the tits.
The Elric books are great, and they are by Michael Moorcock. I had the pleasure of working with him for a short time years ago. Fascinating guy.

Praxit

Reaction score
It's fairly old at this point (1999, if I'm not mistaken), but if you're interested in String Theory, Astrophysics, and a little (pun intended) Quantum Mechanics, it's a great read.
....that's what I would call a slow read. At least for me. Nonetheless, the subject is right up my alley. Im a sucker for these theories N ideas.. ;).

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Currently reading A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. Anything by him is excellent.

Next up is The God is Not Willing by Steven Erikson.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm on a Stephen Ambrose kick and currently plowing through Undaunted Courage.

Love history, and hadn’t thought of that name in a while. Thanks for the suggestion, I may check that out. Damn that must’ve been awesome (and brave as hell) going across America before it was “civilized.”

While I’m on the topic of great history books but published decades ago, I have to go with Robert Caro’s series on LBJ. Any proud Texan needs to read about one of the most underrated Presidents in 20th century US history. As I get older, and drop the partisan politics, guys like this become more obvious that it’s what we need. You need someone who understands the process, and can make the legislature move. No president will ever be a black-and-white solution, no President is without his or her flaws, but we need people who can work the system, not drain the swamp. I don’t know if it’s possible to be like him nowadays without getting in trouble with the media, but truly some great stories.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Love history, and hadn’t thought of that name in a while. Thanks for the suggestion, I may check that out. Damn that must’ve been awesome (and brave as hell) going across America before it was “civilized.”

While I’m on the topic of great history books but published decades ago, I have to go with Robert Caro’s series on LBJ. Any proud Texan needs to read about one of the most underrated Presidents in 20th century US history. As I get older, and drop the partisan politics, guys like this become more obvious that it’s what we need. You need someone who understands the process, and can make the legislature move. No president will ever be a black-and-white solution, no President is without his or her flaws, but we need people who can work the system, not drain the swamp. I don’t know if it’s possible to be like him nowadays without getting in trouble with the media, but truly some great stories.
We live in Northwest Montana and have followed several trails used by Lewis and Clarke. Their epic adventure really comes alive when you can actually stand where they were.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I read an article about the Memphis Mass Killer Ezekiel Dejuan Kelly on ABC News and Heavy.com.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'm on a Stephen Ambrose kick and currently plowing through Undaunted Courage.

One of my favorite authors and by far the best book ever written about Lewis & Clark. I've given this book to 4 or 5 people over the years as a gift. Band Of Brothers is obviously another exceptional novel of his. I just finished his Nothing Like It In The World about the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1863 that was really good.

If you like Ambrose try Candice Millard as well. Her book River Of Doubt about Roosevelt's journey down an unmapped tributary of the Amazon is amazing.