Readers Digest: Whats your latest read?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Recent reads include Conan The Barbarian complete collection. It's nothing special really but had been on my reading list for a while. It's a collection of short stories that read quickly.

Boone by Robert Morgan. A biography of Daniel Boone and an exceptional read.

The Conqueror Series by Conn Iggulden that begins with Genghis: Birth Of An Empire. It's the life and times of Genghis Khan and his family all the way through Kubla Kahn. The Mongol Army were the best horsemen, best archers, and the greatest military in history and at one time ruled most of Russia, China, Korea, Southeast Asia, Persia, India, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. They killed an estimated 40 million people or 10% of the human population at the time and nearly destroyed the entire Afghan race. It's probably the best historical series I've ever read.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Recent reads include Conan The Barbarian complete collection. It's nothing special really but had been on my reading list for a while. It's a collection of short stories that read quickly.

Boone by Robert Morgan. A biography of Daniel Boone and an exceptional read.

The Conqueror Series by Conn Iggulden that begins with Genghis: Birth Of An Empire. It's the life and times of Genghis Khan and his family all the way through Kubla Kahn. The Mongol Army were the best horsemen, best archers, and the greatest military in history and at one time ruled most of Russia, China, Korea, Southeast Asia, Persia, India, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. They killed an estimated 40 million people or 10% of the human population at the time and nearly destroyed the entire Afghan race. It's probably the best historical series I've ever read.

Another good recommendation on the Genghis Khan series. I’ll give that one a look too.

I freaking love Robert E Howard’s short stories on Conan. Have a whole shelf in my home office dedicated to it with the books, collectors statues and more.. :p

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Another good recommendation on the Genghis Khan series. I’ll give that one a look too.

I freaking love Robert E Howard’s short stories on Conan. Have a whole shelf in my home office dedicated to it with the books, collectors statues and more.. :p

Yeah I keep a handful of complete collection series on my Kindle all the time in case I need a break from what I'm reading or in an emergency. Conan, the complete Jules Verne collection, all of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Louis L'Amour. They're all quick reads and super cheap. I think I bought the entire Burroughs collection for $3.00 in Kindle format.

I couldn't put the Kahn books down! Everyone I've recommended them to has loved them including my wife. It's a 5 book series and I tore through them. I hold it up there with Game Of Thrones as one of the best series I ever read. Iggulden also writes a Sparta and Julius Caesar series that are really good. Iggulden and Colin Falconer are the two authors I find myself recommending the most these day, I really enjoy both.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah I keep a handful of complete collection series on my Kindle all the time in case I need a break from what I'm reading or in an emergency. Conan, the complete Jules Verne collection, all of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Louis L'Amour. They're all quick reads and super cheap. I think I bought the entire Burroughs collection for $3.00 in Kindle format.

I couldn't put the Kahn books down! Everyone I've recommended them to has loved them including my wife. It's a 5 book series and I tore through them. I hold it up there with Game Of Thrones as one of the best series I ever read. Iggulden also writes a Sparta and Julius Caesar series that are really good. Iggulden and Colin Falconer are the two authors I find myself recommending the most these day, I really enjoy both.

Thought that was familiar. I looked it up. Yes, I’ve read the Roman series a long time ago and remember it as a good read. Historical fiction.

That’s a great deal on those collections. I inherited the entire Edgar Rice Burroughs book collection from my father who was a big fan. And coincidentally, I also inherited the leatherbound Louis L’Amour book collection from my grandfather who was a huge fan of him. LOL. You’re right, quick fun reads and they stand the test of time.

For those who like short stories, and can withstand an R Rating, here’s a good one I remember. Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Same author of Fight Club. He has a lot of great books including a newer short story collection but I haven’t read that one yet. One of those authors I would like to sit down when I have more time and read more of his collection.

41H8MTB9HYL.jpg

morasp

Reaction score
Money Magic by Laurence Kotlikoff. A bargain at $22.34